U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-17-2015, 06:56 AM
 
1,077 posts, read 685,467 times
Reputation: 1636

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scampii View Post
Good morning. ITA with you and I'll add that there is something very, very wrong in this Country when a kid cannot return from the store without being murdered by some violent vigilante. The "justice" system failed this victim, his family and friends.
Failed big time..

It's also my belief the jurors did not go over any evidence. The DNA evidence had no GZ DNA on the hands of Trayvon, yet GZ DNA was all over Trayvon..

GZ's family who testilied about that horrific wail of death scream was not GZ's.

GZ should have taken the stand in his own defense and then the jurors would have heard the conflicting stories GZ told.

The shameful part is post trial and his 7 DV incidents. I wonder what the Sanford 6 feel now.

GZ is a loose cannon who has no impulse control or self control and is a danger to society. Anyone in arms length of this person needs to be afraid, be very afraid. GZ will meet a person one day who cares less than he does and will do him in...

 
Old 01-17-2015, 07:08 AM
 
1,077 posts, read 685,467 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scampii View Post
I disagree. His murder of Travon Martin has absolutely foreshadowed his subsequent lawless actions.

Oh and "may" turn out to be a despicable person? Good one, lol.

Right after GZ graduated HS in Manassas, his family sent him to Florida. Something happened there they will not discuss..

Photos on Zimmerman's MySpace page show Zimmerman, who calls himself "Joe G.," with groups of friends. In his biographical blurb, he discusses things he doesn't miss about his former home in Manassas, Virginia:
Quote:
I dont miss driving around scared to hit mexicans walkin on the side of the
street, soft ass wanna be thugs messin with peoples cars when they aint around
(what are you provin, that you can dent a car when no ones watchin) dont make
you a man in my book. Workin 96 hours to get a decent pay check, gettin knifes
pulled on you by every mexican you run into!”

In an August 24, 2005 blog post, he boasts about his relief about the proceedings in a criminal case.
Quote:
Im still free! The ex hoe tried her hardest, but the judge saw through it! Big
Mike, reppin the Dverse security makin me look a million bucks, broke her down!
Thanks to everyone for checkin up on me! Stay tuned for the A.T.F.
charges......

A few days later, he expresses happiness that the other charges against him were reduced to misdemeanors.
Quote:
2 felonies dropped to 1 misdemeanor!!!!!!!!!!! The man knows he was wrong
but still got this hump, Thanks to everyone friends and fam, G baby you know
your my rock!

In 2005, a 20-year-old Zimmerman was arrested and charged after an altercation with a police officer. The same year, his ex-fianceé filed a restraining order against him and accused him of domestic violence.




George Zimmerman's MySpace Disparages Mexicans, Mentions 2005 Criminal Charges


Oops, there's the past behavior and now his future behavior all about violence....

GZ might have escaped the laws of the land but he will not escape the laws of the universe..Karma will get him ..
 
Old 01-17-2015, 07:39 AM
 
844 posts, read 599,999 times
Reputation: 1254
Zimmerman needs to get some psychiatric help. He has continually gotten into trouble since Trevor Martin's death. He seems to have a problem with aggression. Maybe the court should order counseling!
 
Old 01-17-2015, 07:54 AM
 
9,332 posts, read 4,282,380 times
Reputation: 11043
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutterfly View Post
Ah, Godwin's Law.


Fine, how about Stalin or Manson then.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 08:02 AM
 
45,187 posts, read 17,936,731 times
Reputation: 18921
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutterfly View Post
I see that you don't want to discuss the trial, so I probably shouldn't be discussing the trial with you. But I shall anyway because I do believe the trial is relevant to what GZ is doing today. We don't precisely know what the jurors believe about Martin. We know they concluded there wasn't sufficient evidence to convict GZ. Those two points are not the same. We have a sense of what one juror thought. We cannot leap into the brains of the rest of them.
I've clearly said the only thing that is important about that trial. i.e. They found him not-guilty, hence he is innocent of the charges brought against him. That trial is over.

What I don't want to discuss or accept because it's a waste of time, are the numerous delusional conspiracy theories because people simply refuse to accept the Jury's decision only because the victim was Black. Apparently this trial will never end for some.

These two points clearly are not the same. The first is real, the second is nonsense.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 08:25 AM
 
1,077 posts, read 685,467 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I've clearly said the only thing that is important about that trial. i.e. They found him not-guilty, hence he is innocent of the charges brought against him. That trial is over.

What I don't want to discuss or accept because it's a waste of time, are the numerous delusional conspiracy theories because people simply refuse to accept the Jury's decision only because the victim was Black. Apparently this trial will never end for some.

These two points clearly are not the same. The first is real, the second is nonsense.
BBM

Doesn't mean that at all. It does mean the jurors didn't not think the Prosecutors met their burden of proof.


Not guilty in no way equals innocent..

snipped....
Not guilty is also a verdict in a criminal trial by a judge sitting without a jury or by a jury after finding that the prosecution has not proved the defendant guilty of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt or that it believes the accused person was insane at the time the crime was committed. The bar against double jeopardy under the U.S. Constitution prevents the defendant from being tried again for the crime charged.

Not Guilty Law & Legal Definition
 
Old 01-17-2015, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Albuquerque area
244 posts, read 192,933 times
Reputation: 1083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Right after GZ graduated HS in Manassas, his family sent him to Florida. Something happened there they will not discuss..

Photos on Zimmerman's MySpace page show Zimmerman, who calls himself "Joe G.," with groups of friends. In his biographical blurb, he discusses things he doesn't miss about his former home in Manassas, Virginia:



In an August 24, 2005 blog post, he boasts about his relief about the proceedings in a criminal case.



A few days later, he expresses happiness that the other charges against him were reduced to misdemeanors.



In 2005, a 20-year-old Zimmerman was arrested and charged after an altercation with a police officer. The same year, his ex-fianceé filed a restraining order against him and accused him of domestic violence.




George Zimmerman's MySpace Disparages Mexicans, Mentions 2005 Criminal Charges


Oops, there's the past behavior and now his future behavior all about violence....

GZ might have escaped the laws of the land but he will not escape the laws of the universe..Karma will get him ..
Hey now! This sounds like...

Wait for it...




Thug talk!

I suppose it was inevitable, George being Afro-Peruvian and all. Those people, lol.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 08:55 AM
 
21 posts, read 14,147 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I've clearly said the only thing that is important about that trial. i.e. They found him not-guilty, hence he is innocent of the charges brought against him. That trial is over.

What I don't want to discuss or accept because it's a waste of time, are the numerous delusional conspiracy theories because people simply refuse to accept the Jury's decision only because the victim was Black. Apparently this trial will never end for some.

These two points clearly are not the same. The first is real, the second is nonsense.
I don't care if the victim is black, white, purple or green there is still a legal definition of innocent and not guilty. He was found not guilty under the law not innocent. This is fact.

Going by his past and subsequent behavior, I don't think he is an innocent babe in the woods. He is a short tempered, mean person who loves to prey on those that are weaker. His victim last time was a white female and I feel the same about that. This is my opinion. So, before you start the name calling of those who disagree with you please remember that we are all entitled to our opinions and they aren't required to match what you think.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 08:57 AM
 
9,332 posts, read 4,282,380 times
Reputation: 11043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scampii View Post
I disagree. His murder of Travon Martin has absolutely foreshadowed his subsequent lawless actions.

Oh and "may" turn out to be a despicable person? Good one, lol.
One could argue that his prior runs ins could have been a harbinger of things to come. Yet if you were of the mind that GZ acted in self defense, you might be making the case that he has gotten into a lot more trouble since the TM incident, and it may be part of the reason.

In my view, there is never an excuse for brutalizing women. So even if GZ is traumatized by what happened to him(who wouldn't be to some extent), he still has a character flaw that has allowed him to be aggressive toward women.

I think you go on in another post speculating about the jurors being tainted & prejudiced. I would be interested in hearing what you base that on?
Something tangible I hope.

In reality we don't know much about what was in the hearts and minds of those two that night, yet many speak of them as if they were best friends with one, and the other one must be evil.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post

It's also my belief the jurors did not go over any evidence. The DNA evidence had no GZ DNA on the hands of Trayvon, yet GZ DNA was all over Trayvon..

GZ's family who testilied about that horrific wail of death scream was not GZ's.

GZ should have taken the stand in his own defense and then the jurors would have heard the conflicting stories GZ told.

The shameful part is post trial and his 7 DV incidents. I wonder what the Sanford 6 feel now.

GZ is a loose cannon who has no impulse control or self control and is a danger to society. Anyone in arms length of this person needs to be afraid, be very afraid. GZ will meet a person one day who cares less than he does and will do him in...
Your belief?

Where did you come up with this stuff?

Much of what I've come up with is either reported testimony or news reports. For instance you say GZ's family said the screaming was not GZ's. Not only did I hear the opposite, I also heard that TM's father said those screams were not is sons;

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/07/08/Police-testify-Trayvons-father-said-taped-screams-were-not-his-sons/56571373319177/
 
Old 01-17-2015, 08:58 AM
 
Location: Albuquerque area
244 posts, read 192,933 times
Reputation: 1083
About the manslaughter charge, that was the prosecution's one last chance to drive a nail through the killer's very large coffin, but it was not to be. We know that at the tail end of deliberations, jurors sent a request for clarification to Judge Nelson which she would not answer, stating they needed to be more specific, and rather than be more specific, they went to verdict. Later on I believe it was Juror Maddy who stated that, as she understood it, to convict on manslaughter they would have to find that the killer intended to kill Trayvon when he left home to patrol...er...go to Target. Oy vey.

On the flipside, Would-be Officer Zimmerman has a good heart and I'm sure he learned his lesson. Oh, wait....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top