U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-17-2015, 09:06 AM
 
1,077 posts, read 685,796 times
Reputation: 1636

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
One could argue that his prior runs ins could have been a harbinger of things to come. Yet if you were of the mind that GZ acted in self defense, you might be making the case that he has gotten into a lot more trouble since the TM incident, and it may be part of the reason.

In my view, there is never an excuse for brutalizing women. So even if GZ is traumatized by what happened to him(who wouldn't be to some extent), he still has a character flaw that has allowed him to be aggressive toward women.

I think you go on in another post speculating about the jurors being tainted & prejudiced. I would be interested in hearing what you base that on?
Something tangible I hope.

In reality we don't know much about what was in the hearts and minds of those two that night, yet many speak of them as if they were best friends with one, and the other one must be evil.




Your belief?

Where did you come up with this stuff?

Much of what I've come up with is either reported testimony or news reports. For instance you say GZ's family said the screaming was not GZ's. Not only did I hear the opposite, I also heard that TM's father said those screams were not is sons;

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/07/08/Police-testify-Trayvons-father-said-taped-screams-were-not-his-sons/56571373319177/

No, I said GZ's family lied about that scream coming from him. I do believe it was Trayvon's scream of death as GZ put that weapon to his heart.

It makes no sense to me a 205 lb man holding a weapon would scream like a little boy...

 
Old 01-17-2015, 09:10 AM
 
9,340 posts, read 4,286,923 times
Reputation: 11044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post

I suppose it was inevitable, George being Afro-Peruvian and all. Those people, lol.
Come on now, if someone wants to be PC they call anyone dark African-American, regardless of the fact their ethnic heritage might not be from Africa. This despite the fact that in historical terms, it is an insult to be called a hyphenated-American.
But if the person on the other end of the situation is not black, they are somehow morphed into being white.

GZ is certainly not white, but the news media figured they could throw out some red meat making it a white thug vs. an innocent black child. Sadly it worked as it became a worldwide story that fed the news media machine for years.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Albuquerque area
244 posts, read 193,021 times
Reputation: 1083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post


Fine, how about Stalin or Manson then.
No, no. Stick with Adolf. It's a better fit, Zimmerman and Hitler both being artistes and all.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 09:29 AM
 
Location: Albuquerque area
244 posts, read 193,021 times
Reputation: 1083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Come on now, if someone wants to be PC they call anyone dark African-American, regardless of the fact their ethnic heritage might not be from Africa. This despite the fact that in historical terms, it is an insult to be called a hyphenated-American.
But if the person on the other end of the situation is not black, they are somehow morphed into being white.

GZ is certainly not white, but the news media figured they could throw out some red meat making it a white thug vs. an innocent black child. Sadly it worked as it became a worldwide story that fed the news media machine for years.
Please feel free to forward your Zimmerman DNA analysis to law enforcement so they will stop writing "Race: White" on his booking reports. Maybe forward it to George, as well, since he's gotten it wrong, too. Or he did until he blasted Trayvon to Kingdom Come and the Zimmerman clan decided the time had come to self-identify as black. Heh.

My use of "Afro-Peruvian" was just a tip o' the hat to my dear friend Drunk Bobby Zimmerman. He's adorable.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 09:32 AM
 
1,077 posts, read 685,796 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Come on now, if someone wants to be PC they call anyone dark African-American, regardless of the fact their ethnic heritage might not be from Africa. This despite the fact that in historical terms, it is an insult to be called a hyphenated-American.
But if the person on the other end of the situation is not black, they are somehow morphed into being white.

GZ is certainly not white, but the news media figured they could throw out some red meat making it a white thug vs. an innocent black child. Sadly it worked as it became a worldwide story that fed the news media machine for years.

GZ claims to be white, which he is biracial. White dad, afroperuvian mom...

On all his forms that he himself fills out, he checks white every time..
 
Old 01-17-2015, 09:47 AM
 
9,340 posts, read 4,286,923 times
Reputation: 11044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
GZ claims to be white, which he is biracial. White dad, afroperuvian mom...

On all his forms that he himself fills out, he checks white every time..
I see, so if I check off I am brown, yellow, red, black, or something other than white, I can qualify for affirmative action hiring preferences?

I say that tongue in cheek, but there is a funny/sad story about just such a thing, but where the applicant had the legal right to claim he was a so called "African-American", but was denied due to him being white. The guy was born and raised in Africa and became a US citizen, but when he came in for the opportunity that was only being afforded minorities, they rejected him as being African-American because of the pigment of his skin.

Anyone who knows anything about race/ethnic backgrounds could take one look at GZ's picture and know he was not white.




If the police department is classifying him as white, at best they might mean white Hispanic, because it is clear he is not white.
At least not in the way whites have been historically referred to as. You know, the evil slave owners who ruined the world with colonialism.


`
 
Old 01-17-2015, 10:01 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,547,612 times
Reputation: 18436
The Martin episode exposed the world to the lunacy that is GZ. He will eventually destroy himself. This is expected, so this news is no surprise. The man got off with murder, so he will never have peace.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Albuquerque area
244 posts, read 193,021 times
Reputation: 1083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I see, so if I check off I am brown, yellow, red, black, or something other than white, I can qualify for affirmative action hiring preferences?

I say that tongue in cheek, but there is a funny/sad story about just such a thing, but where the applicant had the legal right to claim he was a so called "African-American", but was denied due to him being white. The guy was born and raised in Africa and became a US citizen, but when he came in for the opportunity that was only being afforded minorities, they rejected him as being African-American because of the pigment of his skin.

Anyone who knows anything about race/ethnic backgrounds could take one look at GZ's picture and know he was not white.




If the police department is classifying him as white, at best they might mean white Hispanic, because it is clear he is not white.
At least not in the way whites have been historically referred to as. You know, the evil slave owners who ruined the world with colonialism.


`
You can refer to the killer as Not White to your heart's content. I won't speak for Amy, but I care this many keystrokes.

(But thank you for clearing up that you're one of those fixated on stuff like Trayvon's school photo and the Big Bad Media. It explains so much).
 
Old 01-17-2015, 10:11 AM
 
9,340 posts, read 4,286,923 times
Reputation: 11044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
You can refer to the killer as Not White to your heart's content. I won't speak for Amy, but I care this many keystrokes.

(But thank you for clearing up that you're one of those fixated on stuff like Trayvon's school photo and the Big Bad Media. It explains so much).


No more words are needed beyond these pictures;




 
Old 01-17-2015, 10:18 AM
 
Location: New Market, MD
2,097 posts, read 2,621,391 times
Reputation: 2622
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
YOU go after someone that is walking around your neighborhood they have 100% the right to do whatever they feel is necessary to defend themselves.... HOW can you not see that?

IF I am packing and you come after me you would be planted in short order, or STAND YOU GROUND doesn't apply to people you don't know walking around YOUR neighborhood?
No it applies to "only" who self-claim they are law abiding citizens and not who look like "thugs" Same way - people believe TM should not have done anything when he was stalked real bad but call 911 and follow what they had to say. However, when GZ did call 911 and was told not to do anything and wait for cops to arrive in his truck he ignored that completely went ahead and killed someone but this is justified
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:27 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top