U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-17-2015, 11:55 AM
 
1,077 posts, read 685,244 times
Reputation: 1636

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What Zimmerman does AFTER the TM trial has absolutely no bearing on the decision the jury made in the TM trial. He wasn't charged with what he might do in the future.

Maybe some people didn't realize the "Minority Report" was science fiction.
I do agree with your first paragraph, however, if the jurors took the time to go over the evidence instead of misread the statute on murder, he would have been found guilty. Common sense also comes into play when deliberating.


I also have my doubts this jury would have convicted him if it was caught on video. I believe B37s husband who is an attorney, gave her some insight when they had their visits. Which is another move by this judge that went against what sequestration is..

 
Old 01-17-2015, 12:16 PM
 
1,077 posts, read 685,244 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I find it interesting that all the people who are so eager to forgive George because a jury found him not guilty do not seem to extend the same to Casey Anthony. I don't remember anyone defending her or being so "fair minded" after she was found not guilty.


At least she was smart enough or scared enough to stay out of the public eyes, she knows what she did.

Cindy Anthony like the Zimmerman family just keep on enabling...
 
Old 01-17-2015, 12:20 PM
 
1,077 posts, read 685,244 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Anthony Gorgone, DNA lab analyst for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement,
methodically walked the jury through the results from his DNA testing of
Zimmerman's gun, the clothing both individuals wore the night of the shooting,
and scrapings from Martin's finger nails.

Zimmerman did not show any
emotion as the Gorgone gave his testimony, but it appeared he was paying close
attention.

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder for killing
17-year-old Martin in Sanford, Florida, on February 26, 2012. Zimmerman told
police that the teenager looked suspicious and that there had been several
break-ins in the neighborhood. The two got into a physical altercation and
Zimmerman said he was forced to draw his gun and kill Martin in
self-defense.

<<<<<<snipped>>>>>>>

Gorgone testified Wednesday that he only found
Zimmerman's DNA on the gun he used to shoot Martin, and did not find any of
Martin's DNA on the gun. Zimmerman's holster only tested positive for
Zimmerman's DNA as well. The lack of Martin's DNA on the gun and the holster may
contradict Zimmerman's claim that Martin grabbed his gun during the
altercation.


Gorgone testified that testing of Martin's hooded jacket
that he was wearing as an outer layer the night of shooting did not yield much
of Zimmerman's DNA. Only one stain on Martin's hooded jacket yielded a partial
DNA profile that matched Zimmerman. This may challenge the claim Zimmerman and
Martin were in fight for their lives, if only a minimal amount of Zimmerman's
skin or blood transferred to Martin's outer clothing. Scrapings from under
Martin's fingernails yielded none of Zimmerman's DNA
.
Does DNA evidence contradict Zimmerman? | HLNtv.com



This is why I keep saying those jurors did not go over the evidence...
 
Old 01-17-2015, 12:51 PM
 
104 posts, read 65,421 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What Zimmerman does AFTER the TM trial has absolutely no bearing on the decision the jury made in the TM trial. He wasn't charged with what he might do in the future.

Maybe some people didn't realize the "Minority Report" was science fiction.
What Zimmerman does after the TM trial obviously had no bearing upon the decision since, by definition it happened after. However the title of this thread is not "What George Zimmerman Did After the Trial." If it were, you would be correct, that trial doesn't come under the topic of the thread.
However, the title of this thread is "George Zimmerman -- Is There No End With This Guy??" The trial can quite logically fall into this topic. I can't really spell it out in simpler language.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 01:28 PM
 
9,303 posts, read 4,276,082 times
Reputation: 11032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scampii View Post
Zimmerman classified himself as "white" on multiple forms that were entered as evidence in the trial.


I guess you missed this part of my comment;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I see, so if I check off I am brown, yellow, red, black, or something other than white, I can qualify for affirmative action hiring preferences?

It does not matter what Zimmerman thinks he is, it is what properly fits the traditional definition. He is clearly not white, and is Hispanic/Latin/brown by most peoples standards. That is unless you think Obama is white also?
No, because that would not allow his supporters to claim racism when they object to his policies, regardless of his race.

`
 
Old 01-17-2015, 01:57 PM
 
45,083 posts, read 17,914,816 times
Reputation: 18897
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutterfly View Post
....However the title of this thread is not "What George Zimmerman Did After the Trial." ....
I wasn't responding to a question about the title of this thread, so this is irrelevant. If you wish to address it in the correct context then we might have a conversation.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 02:33 PM
 
51,912 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Reputation: 32385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Does DNA evidence contradict Zimmerman? | HLNtv.com



This is why I keep saying those jurors did not go over the evidence...
How hard is it to understand that Zimmerman is an arse that I wouldn't want walking my dog?

However, it's irrefutable that Zimmerman lost TM...and was headed back.
TM was almost home and WENT BACK to confront the creepy ass cracker.

That's not a defense of Z or of his actions and he sure as heck shouldn't have been packing heat.....but TM went back, not afraid anymore but to confront.

If you guys can't grasp why in a court of law how that got Zimmerman free then you are hopeless.

Kinda like if the guy cuts you off on the highway, flips you off and throws a beer can that busts your windshield....after you pull over and check the damage.....then you gun your engine, follow the loser home...punch them in the face (deserved IMO) and they shoot you....sorry charlie...they are an a-hole like Zim but they are going free. The end.

Zim will wind up dead within 10 years. Call it karma if you will. I can't stand the guy but you can't beat up buttholes even if they deserver it.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 02:35 PM
 
45,083 posts, read 17,914,816 times
Reputation: 18897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scampii View Post
Zimmerman chose white on numerous forms
And no doubt he, his lawyer and the court recorder all put on forms that Zimmerman under oath said he was innocent.

The hypocrisy of your argument that Zimmerman is guilty of murder is this:
  • Zimmerman says something you like = He's Telling the Truth
  • Zimmerman says something you don't like = He's Telling a Lie.
LOL, This isn't a Maury Lie Detector test. Thankfully the court's and jury don't operate like a tabloid trash TV show.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 03:15 PM
 
9,528 posts, read 4,867,894 times
Reputation: 3874
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutterfly View Post
BBM Exactly. And in both cases for excellent reasons. I'm not getting how you believe that the Zimmerman trial has no bearing on this George Zimmerman thread.
Is your theory of GZ allegedly assaulting this woman that he she looked suspicious, he followed her into his driveway, and threw a wine bottle at her ?
 
Old 01-17-2015, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Canada
5,879 posts, read 2,380,562 times
Reputation: 5335
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Is your theory of GZ allegedly assaulting this woman that he she looked suspicious, he followed her into his driveway, and threw a wine bottle at her ?
Actually jazz, I tend to think that GZ has an issue with "Impulse Controls"..which explains why he challenges his girlfriends/wife...because they somehow ticked him off (long list of reasons I'm sure)..and how he stalked and threatened that guy, who he felt cut him off on the road...I won't even go into allegations long prior to him even moving to Florida after graduating from high school..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top