U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-17-2015, 05:57 PM
 
9 posts, read 6,624 times
Reputation: 51

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How hard is it to understand that Zimmerman is an arse that I wouldn't want walking my dog?

However, it's irrefutable that Zimmerman lost TM...and was headed back.
TM was almost home and WENT BACK to confront the creepy ass cracker.

That's not a defense of Z or of his actions and he sure as heck shouldn't have been packing heat.....but TM went back, not afraid anymore but to confront.

If you guys can't grasp why in a court of law how that got Zimmerman free then you are hopeless.

Kinda like if the guy cuts you off on the highway, flips you off and throws a beer can that busts your windshield....after you pull over and check the damage.....then you gun your engine, follow the loser home...punch them in the face (deserved IMO) and they shoot you....sorry charlie...they are an a-hole like Zim but they are going free. The end.

Zim will wind up dead within 10 years. Call it karma if you will. I can't stand the guy but you can't beat up buttholes even if they deserver it.
I have heard theiries that Trayvon made it almost home and then turned back to confront super wannabe but have never read or heard anything that even remotely proves the hypothesis.

 
Old 01-17-2015, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Albuquerque area
244 posts, read 181,561 times
Reputation: 1083
Moderator cut: off topic

But back to the actual thread topic and Officer George: Thank goodness he is a worse shot with a wine bottle than he is with a gun. I hope his latest victim knows she was lucky and stays far, far away from this predictably violent cretin, for her child's sake if not for her own. I wish her the best.

Last edited by Marka; 01-19-2015 at 03:50 AM..
 
Old 01-17-2015, 06:19 PM
 
9 posts, read 6,624 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And no doubt he, his lawyer and the court recorder all put on forms that Zimmerman under oath said he was innocent.

The hypocrisy of your argument that Zimmerman is guilty of murder is this:
  • Zimmerman says something you like = He's Telling the Truth
  • Zimmerman says something you don't like = He's Telling a Lie.
LOL, This isn't a Maury Lie Detector test. Thankfully the court's and jury don't operate like a tabloid trash TV show.
When has he ever said anything that anyone with half a brain would find even remotely likable? z has lied about everything from day one. He claimed he and Shellie ate dinner together and then he went to Target to buy a few groceries. Shellie left his sorry butt and was at her parents' house while they were supposedly eating dinner together. He had no money or credit/debit cards on him during this fantasy trip to Target. Was he planning to steal the groceries? His lies continue from there yet we are supposed to believe him when he claims Trayvon attacked him? Sorry but my pitbull wouldn't even chew on that.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 07:25 PM
 
5 posts, read 4,694 times
Reputation: 27
Two separate issues.

A duly empaneled jury found George Zimmerman innocent of murder in any degree.

Since then, he's been reported as choosing to be a f-ckup.

But Trayvon Martin called his girlfriend up on his cell phone and told her he was going to beat up "that weird-*ss cracker," and that - to the jury - confirmed Zimmerman's story that he had suffered a physical assault by Martin prior to shooting Martin. I don't believe that the law in ANY US state would have prevented Zimmerman from legally firing that shot.

The press coverage of George Zimmerman is a prime example of pile-on character assassination. They wanted that jury to convict, and since the jury couldn't be bullied into doing so, George Zimmerman's been a marked man for retribution of every sort.

The truth is, the press and the US Justice Department were revealed to have lied about George Zimmerman extensively in that verdict. The national press knows that their credibility would be destroyed if most Americans realized this, so they've reported bad behavior on Zimmerman's part that they largely covered up in Trayvon Martin's record leading up to when he mugged George Zimmerman and was shot in the process.

Honestly, I don't trust the national press to deliver an unbiased or accurate story about George Zimmerman. When I see court records establishing Zimmerman's guilt in anything he's been accused of in the press, I'll believe it.

Otherwise, I'm going to assume they lied about him just as lustily as they did before his acquittal on charges of the murder of Trayvon Martin.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,902,513 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I see, so if I check off I am brown, yellow, red, black, or something other than white, I can qualify for affirmative action hiring preferences?

I say that tongue in cheek, but there is a funny/sad story about just such a thing, but where the applicant had the legal right to claim he was a so called "African-American", but was denied due to him being white. The guy was born and raised in Africa and became a US citizen, but when he came in for the opportunity that was only being afforded minorities, they rejected him as being African-American because of the pigment of his skin.
The applicant had no right whatsoever to call himself African American - and nor would a black immigrant from an African country or anywhere else. African Americans are from a distinct American ethnic group with origins in African slavery and the U.S. South. Whites from South Africa who move to the United States are not African Americans. You can call them Africans for all I care, but they are not African Americans, who are of Black African origin.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 07:40 PM
 
5 posts, read 4,694 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammar View Post
I have heard theiries that Trayvon made it almost home and then turned back to confront super wannabe but have never read or heard anything that even remotely proves the hypothesis.

Sworn testimony from his girlfriend in the murder trial doesn't count?
 
Old 01-17-2015, 07:50 PM
 
Location: Pasadena, CA
9,832 posts, read 7,322,836 times
Reputation: 6288
Zimmerman is really hurting his chances of entering Right-Wing Hall of Fame someday--he was a shoo-in after killing an unharmed black youth and getting away with it in court.

BTW, this year's nominees include Michael Dunn, Darren Wilson, Paula Deen and (in her last year of eligibility) Marge Schott. The awards ceremony airs February 4th (in honor of the birth of the Confederacy) on Fox News.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Canada
5,798 posts, read 2,153,737 times
Reputation: 5193
Quote:
Originally Posted by loupgarous View Post
Sworn testimony from his girlfriend in the murder trial doesn't count?
Actually..I watched this testimony you are relating to..and Im sorry..Chantel never said such a thing..In fact, Trayvon was talking to her while walking and SAID "Here he comes" and Chantel said..run..and he said..I'm so close to the house..next words from conversation was cut short..right after TM asked Why are you following me?? So Unless you can post a link to that specific detail you are stating..It's then your opinion..not actual testimony..likewise..you can say the same for my recollections..so lets just agree to disagree on your fact..TYIA
 
Old 01-17-2015, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Canada
5,798 posts, read 2,153,737 times
Reputation: 5193
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Zimmerman is really hurting his chances of entering Right-Wing Hall of Fame someday--he was a shoo-in after killing an unharmed black youth and getting away with it in court.

BTW, this year's nominees include Michael Dunn, Darren Wilson, Paula Deen and (in her last year of eligibility) Marge Schott. The awards ceremony airs February 4th (in honor of the birth of the Confederacy) on Fox News.
Ohhh Man..Are you kidding me?? Faux News is actually going to be so blunt in airing such obvious bigotry???
 
Old 01-17-2015, 08:16 PM
 
21 posts, read 13,480 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's not fact and you don't understand how the law works.

And the US court system as well as the Supreme Ct. operates under the Presumption of Innocence principle. Hence he is innocent, UNTIL proven guilty. You can spin the words as much as you like but that is the way he is. GZ is innocent of the charges brought against him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffin_v._United_States
The presumption of innocence, sometimes referred to by the Latin expression Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat (the burden of proof is on he who declares, not on he who denies), is the principle that one is considered innocent until proven guilty.
Sweetie, you've gone to a lot of trouble to change up what you were arguing when I first replied to one of your posts. I'm quite sure you don't know me and also that you don't know what I understand or don't understand about the law. Yes, we presume innocence before a trial. After a trial and the evidence has been presented, a defendant is found either guilty or not guilty. Read the verdict forms. in this case, even one of the jurors did a press conference and said they didn't think GZ was innocent but only that they didn't have enough evidence to find him guilty. Obviously, if they thought that they couldn't have truthfully found him "innocent". Even though I disagree with them about the evidence. I do agree with this juror that he is not innocent. If he were innocent, he would more likely than not never crossed the law again but he has a pattern so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top