U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-17-2015, 08:45 PM
 
48,889 posts, read 39,370,650 times
Reputation: 30546

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammar View Post
I have heard theiries that Trayvon made it almost home and then turned back to confront super wannabe but have never read or heard anything that even remotely proves the hypothesis.
Then you have never listened to his gf's testimony. It's not a hypothesis to anyone that has followed the case.

The fact that you are commenting here without having the basics down is utterly typical for these kinds of threads.

To offsett your rapantly stupidly post, lets discuss why Al Sharpton actually shot TM to frame Zimmerman.

 
Old 01-17-2015, 08:48 PM
 
48,889 posts, read 39,370,650 times
Reputation: 30546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The applicant had no right whatsoever to call himself African American - and nor would a black immigrant from an African country or anywhere else. African Americans are from a distinct American ethnic group with origins in African slavery and the U.S. South. Whites from South Africa who move to the United States are not African Americans. You can call them Africans for all I care, but they are not African Americans, who are of Black African origin.
The college scholarship boards, governmental hiring surveys etc. consider them "black" so why are you racist against africans? Don't wave your hands on this one...there are hundreds of thousands dead in Africa for being the wrong shade of black.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 08:59 PM
 
Location: Canada
5,796 posts, read 2,151,295 times
Reputation: 5192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Then you have never listened to his gf's testimony. It's not a hypothesis to anyone that has followed the case.

The fact that you are commenting here without having the basics down is utterly typical for these kinds of threads.

To offsett your rapantly stupidly post, lets discuss why Al Sharpton actually shot TM to frame Zimmerman.
Well here ya go Jeantel's testimony...listen to 13 minutes thru..Westie tries to confuse her....But it didn't work..however Westie wasn't very respectful either


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL1OFA7LPrY
 
Old 01-17-2015, 09:05 PM
 
21 posts, read 13,474 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Then you have never listened to his gf's testimony. It's not a hypothesis to anyone that has followed the case.

The fact that you are commenting here without having the basics down is utterly typical for these kinds of threads.

To offsett your rapantly stupidly post, lets discuss why Al Sharpton actually shot TM to frame Zimmerman.
Maybe a refresher is in order before you accuse others of not having the basics. Not really cool to personally attack someone either. I was invited here by a friend but not sure it's such a great board if such attacks are allowed. Do they not allow differing opinions here?

The full testimony of Rachel Jeantel:


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mL1OFA7LPrY
 
Old 01-17-2015, 09:18 PM
 
7,896 posts, read 3,724,574 times
Reputation: 10384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The applicant had no right whatsoever to call himself African American - and nor would a black immigrant from an African country or anywhere else. African Americans are from a distinct American ethnic group with origins in African slavery and the U.S. South. Whites from South Africa who move to the United States are not African Americans. You can call them Africans for all I care, but they are not African Americans, who are of Black African origin.
Sorry, but I am not buying into the whole PC thing of calling American born blacks "African-American" for several reasons. First, not all of their ancestors came from Africa. Second not all blacks in America are descended from slaves. So how does one distinguish between the ones you describe vs. other blacks who do not fit your definition?
As an FYI, call several different types of blacks "African-American" and they will get all over you because they are from the islands or from other countries, not Africa.

BTW - What do you call blacks immigrating over from Africa and becoming American citizens today?
More to the point of this thread, what do you consider Zimmerman's race?
White
Brown
Black
Other(please specify)
 
Old 01-17-2015, 09:23 PM
 
Location: Canada
5,796 posts, read 2,151,295 times
Reputation: 5192
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-52 View Post
Maybe a refresher is in order before you accuse others of not having the basics. Not really cool to personally attack someone either. I was invited here by a friend but not sure it's such a great board if such attacks are allowed. Do they not allow differing opinions here?

The full testimony of Rachel Jeantel:


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mL1OFA7LPrY
Actually B-52..This is her full testimony..It's like over 6 hours..so lots to listen to..But since I watch this whole trial..I recall most of it..I found it compelling..but obviously poor Jeantell wasn't received well by the jury after how defence stroked her every teenage fibre to get angry!!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdzrBw-x8Xc
 
Old 01-17-2015, 10:02 PM
 
2,287 posts, read 2,492,251 times
Reputation: 6999
Didn't read the whole thread but this " it was Martin who “put them both in that situation,” when GZ was no longer anywhere around and TM went back looking for GZ and attacked him." is ONLY Zimmerman's story and I totally believe to be a lie. Remember GZ said he couldn't see the lit address on the 1st apartment? He followed Trayvon, not the other way around.

Also about the overcharging. That's not true or a reason to let the child killer off. The jury had many choices, not just murder 1. That trail was like no other I've ever seen, about as crooked as they come. The prosecutors were in on it, or just didn't feel like doing their job.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 10:55 PM
 
Location: A State of Mind
4,434 posts, read 1,728,426 times
Reputation: 4401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
A jury of 12 good men and women disagrees..
First of all, it was only a Jury of six and secondly, though photos furthered the assumption that Z "was attacked", it was determined that he was not really in bad shape and didn't was not hospitalized. My theory is that he made those "wounds" on his head himself, knowing that his compulsive move to kill another would have landed him in prison, where he had already spent time for something else and didn't want to go back.

Besides this, why do some overlook the fact that there was no other evidence on him OR TM to support claims of him having "been on the ground on his back, being beaten repeatedly"? Then, he also claimed that T had covered his nose and mouth.. though he was also supposedly the one screaming. Besides this, T was killed within a very short time, which doesn't add up with all the interaction and occurrences that Z claimed happened.

I don't care what the Jury decided...there have existed other poor trials and inaccurate outcomes.
 
Old 01-17-2015, 11:06 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,891,787 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The college scholarship boards, governmental hiring surveys etc. consider them "black" so why are you racist against africans? Don't wave your hands on this one...there are hundreds of thousands dead in Africa for being the wrong shade of black.
None of that has to do with my point.

Last edited by Lucario; 01-17-2015 at 11:14 PM..
 
Old 01-17-2015, 11:13 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 32,891,787 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Sorry, but I am not buying into the whole PC thing of calling American born blacks "African-American" for several reasons. First, not all of their ancestors came from Africa. Second not all blacks in America are descended from slaves. So how does one distinguish between the ones you describe vs. other blacks who do not fit your definition?
It's all pretty simple, really. Black immigrants from Africa or the Caribbean are Jamaican, or Haitian, or Nigerian, or Ghanaian Americans.

Did you have a problem with the people now known as African Americans being called colored or Negro before modern times?


Quote:
As an FYI, call several different types of blacks "African-American" and they will get all over you because they are from the islands or from other countries, not Africa.
To my point above. They should get all over you because they're not African Americans.

Quote:
BTW - What do you call blacks immigrating over from Africa and becoming American citizens today?
More to the point of this thread, what do you consider Zimmerman's race?
White
Brown
Black
Other(please specify)
He doesn't have a racial designation, though he is a mixed-race Hispanic who self-identifies as white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top