Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2015, 12:24 AM

6,612 posts, read 3,637,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Trayvon was pounding Zimmerman's head against the concrete pavement. If GZ hadn't of shot Trayvon, Trayvon would have killed him.

Just how many times do you think GZ should have allowed Trayvon to pound his head against the pavement before he did anything?
I see you are of those who believe in imagination and storytelling.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:58 AM

16,233 posts, read 8,348,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It's all pretty simple, really. Black immigrants from Africa or the Caribbean are Jamaican, or Haitian, or Nigerian, or Ghanaian Americans.

Did you have a problem with the people now known as African Americans being called colored or Negro before modern times?

To my point above. They should get all over you because they're not African Americans.

He doesn't have a racial designation, though he is a mixed-race Hispanic who self-identifies as white.
Well herein lies one of the problems with hyphenated-Americans. If a person is black, but you don't know his origin or family history, most of the liberals and by extension the media will call them African-American. So just as someone will not try to be PC with whites by calling them European-Americans or so other absurd name, they will fall all over themselves to say African-American because of PC conditioning.
While you might take the time to get to know them and then use whatever hyphenated-American label you like, it does not work like that in general practical terms.

That was before my time, but just as it might have been appropriate to call someone one or several of those names, they were not considered a racial insult. Ironically enough, if you go back not too far into American history, you will find that calling someone of any race a hyphenated-American, was an insult.

They never have a need to get upset with me because I have never called a black person an African-American, as I don't believe in doing so for anyone of any race.
If you are an American citizen and pledge allegiance to our country, then you are American, period. If someone wants to get to know the citizen on a personal level, then they might discovered that they are of ethnic Italian, Irish, Jamaican, etc. background.

While some might not want to call Zimmerman brown, that is essentially what he is. Sure Hispanic or Latin could be used, but Zimmerman is not white in the traditional meaning here in America. You are astute enough to know exactly what I am talking about.

As to miscegenation, while Zimmerman fits that description, it is typically the minority side which is focused on to stipulate race. Our current president is a perfect example. Though he has referred to himself as a "mutt", ultimately he is considered black. Anyone can call themselves whatever they want, but it does not change the way our society will classify them. Those are not my rules, it is just the way our society is.
At best I would think Zimmerman could claim to be a white Hispanic, but he obviously is not white in the traditional sense.

`

Old 01-18-2015, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
It has only been less than two years since the first incident, and he has been in numerous scrapes. Give him some time and something BIG will happen, I am willing to bet good money on that happening. He has had more run ins in two years than most of us accumulate in a lifetime !

Don
Not only since, but was causing trouble prior to the TM incident, including going to prison. (Remember the heaviest photo of him in the orange jumpsuit)? He was thinner during the TM incident, then became very heavy again before and during the trial. He has been in the news over three girlfriend issues, I think, besides that incident when threatening his wife at her father's house. He's had at least five mugshots.

I don't know how anyone thinks he is not a troublemaker, putting in mildly. Oh, and no, he doesn't work and it is doubtful anyone would want him.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Can anyone prove Martin started the fight?
Look at all the events prior to their fight.
Who watched who?
Who followed who?
Who ran from who?
Who got out of their vehicle and chased the other?

What did Martin do that night that showed aggression or anything related to any sort of violence?
Who had a loaded firearm and used it?

When you answer those questions, doesn't it make sense that the one who fired the weapon tends to look like the aggressor in this situation?
Now add in everything before then and since then.

You have a man with multiple allegations of harassment, assaults on civilians and police officers, multiple stories of threats with firearms and aggravated behavior.

Then you have a 17 year old kid who is considered a thug because he flipped off a camera on his instagram and then quoted rap lyrics while the real criminal is given a pass because black people with hoodies in the rain make people feel uncomfortable.
I am with you and appreciate the clear reasoning that I possess, also. It appears that others have based their thinking upon the "story" Zimm claimed.. a story that kept being altered. I can't imagine that one reading your questions, would still overlook the logic of the situation, but it occurs, with responses only based upon Zimm's (imaginary) point of view. They will state that "TM approached him and Z needed to defend himself", believingthe lie of Z's head being banged on the ground, supported by those initial, bloodied photos he had his friend take. There is much more about the story that is unreal and I have no idea how one would choose to believe any of it, apparently being prompted by something else.

Old 01-18-2015, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
He jumped on top of Zimmerman and slammed Z's head into the concrete multiple times. Everybody saw the photos.
I know that is what many want to believe, which is only based upon what Z claimed and those photos he had a friend take at the scene, that were already cleaned up in secondary photos at the police station.

Old 01-18-2015, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post

Yes, the altar boy's lies are legion. If the mouth is moving, the man is lying (assuming there's not a donut in there). I mean, the script he gave Trayvon: "You gonna die tonight!" Bang! "You got me!" Get.Real.
Yeah, hah.. I know, the entire "script" of the event and his recall was ridiculous. So much dialogue and so much occurred between them supposedly, even though it all ended pretty quickly.

Old 01-18-2015, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
We will never know who started the fight, however we do know that TM was banging GZ head off the pavement and he paid the price for it.
NO, we do NOT know that... there is the assumption that this happened due to the "so called proof" of TM supposedly being responsible for it. I suppose it is unimaginable to some that one would do this to themselves, in order to avoid prison after compulsively killing another person.

Old 01-18-2015, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
There was photos shown at the trial of blood pouring down the back of his head.

Before I seen those photos, I was on the fence of GZ's guilt or innocence. When I seen those photos it became obvious to me that GZ really did shoot TM in self defense. If he hadn't shot him, TM would have killed him or beat him to a pulp.

How anybody could draw a different conclusion is beyond me. They musta not have watched the trial on a daily basis is the only thing I can think of.

Based on the evidence, there is no way a fair minded jury would come back with anything but a "not guilty" verdict.
There are those who have made conclusions as you have.

Those photos were taken at the scene by someone he knew. Did you see the photos taken after he had arrived at the police station and was cleaned up? Did you see how he had no blood elsewhere on him or grass stains or mud, for all that he "endured" and did not go to the hospital? Also, a medical examiner stated there was no real damage.

It's amazing that some base so much just on those shots of him, which is what Z hoped for! Sure, it doesn't look good, but it was all "surface". I believe he caused this himself, in the moments before the police arrived.. he had to attempt something, otherwise, how would that have looked?

He knows the truth.. which is what he lives with. Maybe he unconsiously hopes by causing other acts of violence, they will haul him off. Or maybe he has no conscience at all, which is how a Sociopath is.

Old 01-18-2015, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Martin proved it by his actions that night.
"Actions" that are assumed, based only upon your boy's story.

Old 01-18-2015, 04:16 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,400,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-52 View Post
Sweetie, you've gone to a lot of trouble to change up what you were arguing when I first replied to one of your posts. I'm quite sure you don't know me ....
Haha. Yet you refer to me as "sweetie". Normally this is a term of endearment used by people quite familiar with each other. i.e. You tripped again up on you own version of broken logic in an attempt to be clever.

You should try sticking to the facts & topic instead.

And that would be that Zimmerman is innocent of the charges brought against him as determined by the court.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 01-18-2015 at 04:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events