U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-18-2015, 04:20 AM
 
38,395 posts, read 15,397,410 times
Reputation: 16952

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post

I don't care what the Jury decided...there have existed other poor trials and inaccurate outcomes.
Oh that is obvious. It's those "I'm Black" glasses that you see he world through. Every single fallacious point you have tried to make here is to mask this obvious prejudice. Yet I'm sure if they had found him guilty you would be celebrating even now at their "great" & wise decision.

The hypocrisy runs quite deep indeed.

 
Old 01-18-2015, 05:05 AM
 
Location: A State of Mind
4,485 posts, read 1,745,619 times
Reputation: 4431
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Did you also notice this guy was much heavier than TM and had a gun with him
Actually, just to point out that Zimm was NOT so heavy at that time. He had already been in prison from a previous event (the mugshot in the Orange prison suit was from then). He had lost weight prior to the TM incident (likely because he wasn't getting Twinkies in prison).. see his photos from the TM arrest. THEN, he gained weight again prior to the trial and during, for which he is heavy again. I know it is confusing due to many mug shots and that one in the orange prison garb was so commonly thrown around, that I see many assuming it was from then, not that this is most important.

No, he wasn't so big, TM was taller, but Z had a gun, had been tracking and was prepared to shoot.
 
Old 01-18-2015, 05:08 AM
 
104 posts, read 61,995 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Oh that is obvious. It's those "I'm Black" glasses that you see he world through. Every single fallacious point you have tried to make here is to mask this obvious prejudice. Yet I'm sure if they had found him guilty you would be celebrating even now at their "great" & wise decision.

The hypocrisy runs quite deep indeed.
I"m not clear on what you mean by seeing the world through "I'm black" glasses.
 
Old 01-18-2015, 06:22 AM
 
104 posts, read 61,995 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
The quotes above are a few examples of a way of thinking I’m seeing here. This view seems to go something like: He’s guilty because he seems like the kind of guy who would have done something violent.

That’s a seriously bad reason for convicting someone.

Suppose some guy has five convictions for robbing banks. Suppose somehow he’s out of prison. (Not sure how likely that is after five such convictions, but suppose.) Now suppose that tomorrow a bank is robbed just down the street from this guy’s house. At first this guy might seem a likely suspect, but not on closer inspection. Maybe he’s not charged with that robbery, and he’s certainly not convicted, because it turns out that there is zero evidence that he committed that robbery. In fact there’s evidence that he did not.

Then suppose that a year from now this guy commits a sixth bank robbery. In spite of the evidence that he did not commit the robbery in Jan. ’15, do you now assume that he must have done so after all? You know, just because his history shows that he always has been and apparently always will be prone to robbing banks. So you look back a year from now and assume that he must have committed the robbery in Jan. ’15 even though the evidence says he did not, just because he’s a bank-robbin’ kinda guy. Is that what you assume?

That’s what you’re doing in the Martin case if you say you’re changing your mind about thinking GZ was innocent because now he seems like the kind of guy who would have been guilty. Even though the evidence says that GZ broke no law in the TM case.

Food for thought.
i understand your point. With the scenario you've given, I would agree the man should not be convicted or even charged in the first crime. And I would agree he should be charged and convicted in the second crime. That said, changing one's mind about a person after seeing that person's behavior over a few years is a perfectly legitimate situation. As you say, after five bank robbery convictions, it is logical to consider your convicted bank robber was involved. When you see evidence he is not guilty, you then (very logically) change your mind. And I do think it is a stretch to say there is evidence GZ broke no law in the TM case. That isn't precisely the same as there was insufficient evidence presented to convict GZ of the crimes with which he was charged.
 
Old 01-18-2015, 06:28 AM
 
1,077 posts, read 650,687 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-52 View Post
Sweetie, you've gone to a lot of trouble to change up what you were arguing when I first replied to one of your posts. I'm quite sure you don't know me and also that you don't know what I understand or don't understand about the law. Yes, we presume innocence before a trial. After a trial and the evidence has been presented, a defendant is found either guilty or not guilty. Read the verdict forms. in this case, even one of the jurors did a press conference and said they didn't think GZ was innocent but only that they didn't have enough evidence to find him guilty. Obviously, if they thought that they couldn't have truthfully found him "innocent". Even though I disagree with them about the evidence. I do agree with this juror that he is not innocent. If he were innocent, he would more likely than not never crossed the law again but he has a pattern so...

GZ admitted to killing Trayon, so there is no innocence here....jurors didn't think the prosecution made their case but then again, jurors must not have gone over evidence for the DNA surely refutes GZ's claims..

The one juror B29 thought he got away with murder...
 
Old 01-18-2015, 06:36 AM
 
1,077 posts, read 650,687 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Didn't read the whole thread but this " it was Martin who “put them both in that situation,” when GZ was no longer anywhere around and TM went back looking for GZ and attacked him." is ONLY Zimmerman's story and I totally believe to be a lie. Remember GZ said he couldn't see the lit address on the 1st apartment? He followed Trayvon, not the other way around.

Also about the overcharging. That's not true or a reason to let the child killer off. The jury had many choices, not just murder 1. That trail was like no other I've ever seen, about as crooked as they come. The prosecutors were in on it, or just didn't feel like doing their job.

I agree, Prosecution was fierce pretrial but when it came to the trial they flubbered big time..

Also the first aggressor clause was out, which could have changed the entire trial had the judge let it in.

I just hope this latest charge takes GZ out of society for a little while. He's a menace and danger to society and isn't a productive member of it...he's a mooch and evil as they come, all my belief
 
Old 01-18-2015, 06:52 AM
 
1,077 posts, read 650,687 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutterfly View Post
What a fun accusation! Though not the friendliest welcome to new people. Since it so totally easy for the mods to check IPs have at it!

What is this all about?

This site was recommended to me so why is this awful accusation allowed?

Also, I just noticed I spelled my nic wrong, who can I contact to see if it can be fixed? TIA
 
Old 01-18-2015, 07:16 AM
 
104 posts, read 61,995 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
What is this all about?

This site was recommended to me so why is this awful accusation allowed?

Also, I just noticed I spelled my nic wrong, who can I contact to see if it can be fixed? TIA
I don't understand why new members are being accused of stuff that isn't true either. I've never had that happen on a board before. I've never had another poster publish my friend list. I just guessed that's what they do here.
 
Old 01-18-2015, 07:33 AM
 
Location: A State of Mind
4,485 posts, read 1,745,619 times
Reputation: 4431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
There has been, on this thread and others, on this subforum and others, on this forum and others, and in other venues, a large contingent of people who have openly celebrated the death of Trayvon Martin. I do not feel any regrets about my description of them as racist savages.
Oh, I understand your feelings and those people are wrong in any event and I know that type exists. Those stating TM was a "thug", making references to his personal life or things they think he had done or being deserving, are absolutely wrong to do so, no matter what nationality a person is. I think my point is that, when the crime has been referred to as being racially-motivated, I got the sense that it was not Z's main motivation, though he described TM to the police when asked and also been suspect of many others prior, making numerous calls.

Not making excuses, I feel the whole thing was prompted more so due to the intent on Z's part, to have caught someone.. in his mind, hoping and expecting them to be the one who had caused break-ins, just to have been seen as a hero. He was so motivated by wanting to prove something and to have accolades from others, being otherwise so troubled, that it took precedence over anything else. I think he was so hyped up and did not stop following, so when the two ultimately faced each other, he held nothing back.. and was ready to attack. This impulse he had backfired and "had to justify it somehow", causing his own wounds, I feel.

I can't believe he went through an entire trial knowing he lied and has continued to lie. Now he continues to prove how impulsive and volatile he is and I cannot believe there are those still defending him, but I think is becoming fewer. (Those making thoughtless remarks, which is shocking, is something to question as to how they survive in the world with that mindset).
 
Old 01-18-2015, 07:40 AM
 
Location: New Market, MD
2,005 posts, read 2,457,631 times
Reputation: 2504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

I am a law abiding citizen, yet I have followed and even verbally engaged unknown people in my neighborhood. So if I am following them, and they turn around and attack me, it is somehow twisted into defending themselves
TM clearly had a choice to flee that evening if he felt threatened, but instead of continuing to run he stayed and a confrontation ensued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Interesting on several levels. First and foremost you and several others posters sound striking similar in your replies/linguistics, and funny enough you all have just signed up with CD either today or yesterday. You have also all coincidently friended each other. I therefore suspect you and they are the same person.


mbutterfly
<li class="memberinfo_tiny"> Amythyst
<li class="memberinfo_tiny"> Lyndarn

<li class="memberinfo_tiny"> Scampii


The only one in the group who as been here any length of time is Bellflower (since 2012) so I suspect we have one person representing many different ID's. Isn't that a violation of CD rules, not to mention a glaring indication of a troubled mind?

Now I can understand why you are a supporter of GZ. You act like self appointed police as well, don't you? Do you also drive in left lane at 65MPH so that speeders can't break the law? Or engage with tailgaters in road rage so that they don't go away? After all these are dangerous as well.

I have reported your accusation to mods so we'll see if they are real or not. This is what you are supposed to do when you see suspect something foul on threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top