Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2015, 07:42 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,273,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If he is attacked and kills another useless Thug, then I'm all for it. Otherwise, I don't care what his personal problems might be.
With all due respect it appears that GZ is actually showing his true self (which, imo was apparent with the entire Trayvon debacle), he is indeed himself a worse "thug" than he himself accused/portrayed Trayvon. A serious mental disturbance at the very least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I knew during the Trayvon trial that Zimmerman was and is a complete idiot. No, we haven't heard the last of him. He's stupid and violent - a bad combination.
Could not agree more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
I don't think anyone disagrees with that

We all know he's "innocent" by law for what he was charged with.

He was guilty for everything that happened that night, though.

I wonder how many of these staunch George Zimmerman supporters would, in their private thoughts, really and truly support someone carrying a loaded weapon and "patrolling" the streets where they live and their children play.
He is definitely not too bright and although I would NOT support him carrying a loaded gun in my neighborhood "patrolling" the streets, I don't think he would last too long on the streets of Chicago safeguarding the community...maybe someone should send him an invite.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:19 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,370,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
....had a gun, had been tracking and was prepared to shoot.
It's foolish to carry a gun and not be prepared to shoot it.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:37 AM

1,077 posts, read 864,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's foolish to carry a gun and not be prepared to shoot it.
It's also foolish to carry a loaded weapon, instigate the situation and then retaliate..

post trial GZ behavior warrants a prison stint, which will also ensure, no permit to carry concealed and no weapons in his possession.

GZ seemed to have skated a lot on his violent behavior, I still hope this is the one charge that will put him away for a bit. He's a danger to anyone in arms length of him.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:46 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,370,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
It's also foolish to carry a loaded weapon, instigate the situation and then retaliate...
That would be stupid. However that wasn't the point and the Jury did not find Zimmerman guilty of this.

The point, which I was responding to, is the mime that having a loaded gun, legal under the law, possesses the party holding it to do violence. Or that simple possession of such is intent to do violence. It doesn't & isn't.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:55 AM

244 posts, read 246,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Now I can understand why you are a supporter of GZ. You act like self appointed police as well, don't you? Do you also drive in left lane at 65MPH so that speeders can't break the law? Or engage with tailgaters in road rage so that they don't go away? After all these are dangerous as well.

I have reported your accusation to mods so we'll see if they are real or not. This is what you are supposed to do when you see suspect something foul on threads.
Thank you for this post as I can't rep you again. The beauty of the George Zimmerman saga is that wherever you find people putting forth the notion that Officer George's story is "irrefutable" and "he broke no laws" you will find people at the ready with a reality check. I can see why it might be annoying to Zimmerman's supporters, but I am happy to advocate for reality until the killer is finally off the streets and in Bubba's welcoming embrace in a Florida penitentiary.

Thanks again!

Old 01-18-2015, 10:12 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,461,769 times
Quote:

No, he wasn't so big, TM was taller, but Z had a gun, had been tracking and was prepared to shoot.
I guess GZ wasn't prepared enough to shoot or he'd have fired before he was on the ground. Unless you think his plan was to sucker TM into getting on top of him and Then shooting.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I am with you and appreciate the clear reasoning that I possess, also. It appears that others have based their thinking upon the "story" Zimm claimed.. a story that kept being altered. I can't imagine that one reading your questions, would still overlook the logic of the situation, but it occurs, with responses only based upon Zimm's (imaginary) point of view. They will state that "TM approached him and Z needed to defend himself", believingthe lie of Z's head being banged on the ground, supported by those initial, bloodied photos he had his friend take. There is much more about the story that is unreal and I have no idea how one would choose to believe any of it, apparently being prompted by something else.
You rock!

George's Walter Mitty With a Gun fantasy truly crumbles under the lightest scrutiny. I mean, he got the "I shot him" part right, but everything else, lol, it's like a five year old sharing last night's scary dream. It grows more and more fantastical with each retelling. And, seriously, if you begin your story with an elaborate lie - Shellie and I spent the day mentoring unfortunate black children, we ate dinner and then I just happened to be going to Target (with a quarter and no credit card and Shellie not having been home since their fight a day earlier) - I cannot imagine a greater "tell," to be honest.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I guess GZ wasn't prepared enough to shoot or he'd have fired before he was on the ground. Unless you think his plan was to sucker TM into getting on top of him and Then shooting.
Heh, even one of the detectives called him on the physical impossibilty of removing the gun, aiming and firing in said position. Discovery is a wonderful thing.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:44 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,461,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
Heh, even one of the detectives called him on the physical impossibilty of removing the gun, aiming and firing in said position. Discovery is a wonderful thing.
Ah Hah, we're back to GZ shot him from a few feet away and those injuries to GZ were self-inflicted or from running into a tree. I go with his pals in the SPD helped with the injuries back at the station.

Even better than discovery ... a trial.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:27 AM

104 posts, read 82,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Now I can understand why you are a supporter of GZ. You act like self appointed police as well, don't you? Do you also drive in left lane at 65MPH so that speeders can't break the law? Or engage with tailgaters in road rage so that they don't go away? After all these are dangerous as well.

I have reported your accusation to mods so we'll see if they are real or not. This is what you are supposed to do when you see suspect something foul on threads.
Thank you. It is good to have long time poster take a look at this strange situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events