U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-19-2015, 08:16 AM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
27,556 posts, read 15,212,380 times
Reputation: 21008

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Stop. Try to think about what you write.

GZ's defense fund got around $ 300 k in donations. If each of those millions of 'conservative Reicht-wing/Stormfront/redneck/savages' who thought he's a hero sent only $1, how'd he get only $300 k ?

I understand your hatred of white conservatives triggers a reflexive hyperbolic absurdity in your brain, but at least try to, pause, think, then write.
The conservatives made GZ their poster boy. Now they would like to backtrack. His attorney's wish they had never represented him and the jurists are having second thoughts as well.

You backed a loser, most likely a cold-blooded killer, and don't want to admit it.

 
Old 01-19-2015, 08:30 AM
 
38,722 posts, read 15,586,855 times
Reputation: 17048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
.....
It really boggles the mind when folks (general) won't admit to making a mistake by backing this very dangerous guy..
If you have a boggled mind then here in lies your fundamental problem. You believe that anyone who doesn't think the Jury made the right decision based on ALL the evidence, is therefore a Zimmerman backer. The law doesn't work that way. The scum of the earth is entitled to due process and not the rash decisions of mob rule. It doesn't mean the scum is going to get invited to A-list parties.

GZ sounds like someone I wound not want in my neighborhood but that is irrelevant. He received a fair trial, I'd say even an unfair one given how everyone from Obama, through the media, and every African American had very loudly convicted him without seeing or hearing ALL the evidence. But despite this, a Jury of his peers, vetted by both sides, did not find him guilty of the charges. He is thereby innocent of the charge of murdering TM.

No mistakes have been made except the one where some people can't accept what the Jury decided and thus must go on and on about it.
 
Old 01-19-2015, 08:33 AM
 
38,722 posts, read 15,586,855 times
Reputation: 17048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The conservatives made GZ their poster boy.
What conservative has put GZ up on a poster as a fine person to follow?
 
Old 01-19-2015, 09:28 AM
 
1,077 posts, read 654,006 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If you have a boggled mind then here in lies your fundamental problem. You believe that anyone who doesn't think the Jury made the right decision based on ALL the evidence, is therefore a Zimmerman backer. The law doesn't work that way. The scum of the earth is entitled to due process and not the rash decisions of mob rule. It doesn't mean the scum is going to get invited to A-list parties.

GZ sounds like someone I wound not want in my neighborhood but that is irrelevant. He received a fair trial, I'd say even an unfair one given how everyone from Obama, through the media, and every African American had very loudly convicted him without seeing or hearing ALL the evidence. But despite this, a Jury of his peers, vetted by both sides, did not find him guilty of the charges. He is thereby innocent of the charge of murdering TM.

No mistakes have been made except the one where some people can't accept what the Jury decided and thus must go on and on about it.

It was Trayvon who did not receive a fair trial. Seems the new way of defending is to put the victim on trial.
Seems to me many lies were told, photo's I believe were photoshopped or done with the fish bowl lens along with all those conspiracy theories that seemed to have replaced the true facts..suppositions are not facts and those jurors feel for them hook, line and sinker..as did those who donated to that fool..

That's right, I do not accept the fact GZ was wrongfully acquitted just as I don't accept the jurors who let Casey Anthony go free as well..

There is common sense and it seems none of those jurors used it..

Oh, I did read all the discovery, all the evidence and the most blatant statute of first aggressor clause not given to those jurors, if it had, the outcome would have been guilty.
 
Old 01-19-2015, 09:38 AM
 
8,042 posts, read 3,786,208 times
Reputation: 10474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
First of all - just because Teddy Roosevelt made a speech doesn't prove a damn thing about the existence, or the relevance, of the concept of hyphenated Americans. For every word he uttered, there were millions of Americans who continued to maintain their ethnic identity. I don't consider that positive or negative.

Secondly- you did not educate me, as I have known about that speech for decades.

Third - how are you correct about anything? I point out - correctly - that Roosevelt's speech meant nothing to the millions of "Americans" who were not considered real "Americans" and you tell me I deflect.

I don't deflect a damn thing. I speak the truth and point out hypocrisy.

I'll debate and discuss things with you any time, but you can't honestly think I'm not going to point out holes in your - or TR's - arguments.
As usual you take what you want and try to "point holes in it", then deflect from the point. Just because you may not care for the messenger (TR), it has nothing to do with the message. Going into Jim Crow and such was a deflection from the specific point I was making and you know it.
TR was just the most prominent person I could think of to quickly educate you.
Yes educate you, on something you said you were an aware of. That is unless that term does not sit well with you, because you think you know everything.
I certainly am well educated, however I learn things here that I was not aware of, and appreciate other posters educating me in those instances.

I guess I could have just said look up the Bowery Boys who considered themselves "natives"and how they use to deride Irish Catholics by calling them Irish-Americans. It was considered an insult. Then again I could have just said your lack of knowledge didn't mean it did not exist, and for you to look it up for your own edification. If you took the time to do so, you would see my statement was correct, despite your lack of knowledge on the subject.
 
Old 01-19-2015, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Albuquerque area
244 posts, read 182,777 times
Reputation: 1083
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You have provided nothing that says that Zimmerman attacked Martin. The last 10-15 posts since the post you are quoting have been nothing but insults directed at various made up boogeymen. Insults, fallacies, false outrage, etc ad nauseum made by apologists & the delusional are not proof the Jury made the wrong decision. Martin is no innocent kid.

The Jury has decided this. Zimmerman is innocent of the charges. Case closed.

Time to move on.
Move on already then, lol. Surely the killer isn't forcing you to post here at the barrel of a gun. Or is he?
 
Old 01-19-2015, 09:40 AM
 
9,132 posts, read 4,569,437 times
Reputation: 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The conservatives made GZ their poster boy. Now they would like to backtrack. His attorney's wish they had never represented him and the jurists are having second thoughts as well.

You backed a loser, most likely a cold-blooded killer, and don't want to admit it.
I backed a loser ? If that means I didn't think the state proved GZ was guilty, yep, I backed him. Though I'd rather call him the alive guy as opposed to the not alive guy.
 
Old 01-19-2015, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Albuquerque area
244 posts, read 182,777 times
Reputation: 1083
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What conservative has put GZ up on a poster as a fine person to follow?
Oh, you must be new to the case. Zimmerman family love letter exchanges with conservatives are available via google.com. Twitter and Facebook, as well.
 
Old 01-19-2015, 09:57 AM
 
38,722 posts, read 15,586,855 times
Reputation: 17048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
Move on already then, lol. Surely the killer isn't forcing you to post here at the barrel of a gun. Or is he?
Nor you. But yet again, you prove the point in the post that you are referring to.
 
Old 01-19-2015, 10:00 AM
 
38,722 posts, read 15,586,855 times
Reputation: 17048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
Oh, you must be new to the case. Zimmerman family love letter exchanges with conservatives are available via google.com. Twitter and Facebook, as well.
And you just made the jump from Conservative to some conservatives on twitter & facebook. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top