U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-23-2015, 03:02 PM
 
5,239 posts, read 2,387,943 times
Reputation: 5119

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
Who gives a crap if the dispatcher's words were a command, a request or a big fat pretty please don't do that with a cherry on top? He was charged with 2nd degree murder, not failure to follow a dispatcher's instructions. Of much greater significance (because it highlights his pathological addiction to lying and if you lie about 10 things in a row odds are great you're lying about the 11th and 12th as well) why does a man claiming to fear for his life get out of his Ridgeline and follow...er...go in the same direction as the source of the fear? Answer: unless he is a sexy blonde virgin in a horror movie, he doesn't. And if you really believe Officer George left the security of his vehicle because he didn't know the name of one of the three streets he and his unfortunate Rottweiler routinely patrolled, completely unaware he's carrying a gun to boot, well God bless you.
Interesting but irrelevant. The case started when TM assaulted GZ.

 
Old 01-23-2015, 03:17 PM
 
104 posts, read 61,945 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Interesting but irrelevant. The case started when TM assaulted GZ.
I suppose you really believe that. One might say, of course, that the assertion TM assaulted GZ is irrelevant because it didn't happen.
 
Old 01-23-2015, 03:20 PM
 
104 posts, read 61,945 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
It may well be a common phrasing, as slightly more polite, and less direct than, "Don't do that." However, a 911 dispatcher has exactly zero authority to compel someone to do (or not do) anything. In short, GM was given no lawful order (that he was legally compelled to comply with) to not follow TM.
I do not disagree that the dispatcher had no authority. However, I do believe GZ understood that -- though he wasn't legally compelled to stop following TM, he had been informed it was wrong and inappropriate to do so. He knew. He chose to go ahead because, simply, he wanted to go ahead and follow.
 
Old 01-23-2015, 03:21 PM
 
5,239 posts, read 2,387,943 times
Reputation: 5119
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutterfly View Post
I suppose you really believe that.
Of course I believe it, because it's true. The rest is just a distraction.

Do you believe that you have the right to assault someone because you think you are being followed?

Quote:
One might say, of course, that the assertion TM assaulted GZ is irrelevant because it didn't happen.
The evidence, and the finding of the court, say differently.
 
Old 01-23-2015, 03:31 PM
 
38,326 posts, read 15,373,194 times
Reputation: 16904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
Of much greater significance (because it highlights his pathological addiction to lying and if you lie about 10 things in a row odds are great you're lying about the 11th and 12th as well) why does a man claiming to fear for his life get out of his Ridgeline and follow...er...go in the same direction as the source of the fear?
It's of zero significance. This sort of "theory" would not be allowed as "evidence" in a murder trial. It's armchair quarterbacking of a Jury decision.
 
Old 01-23-2015, 03:56 PM
 
2,287 posts, read 2,496,985 times
Reputation: 7000
Concerning the OP, GZ will keep doing criminal acts because he ALWAYS gets away with it. Remember his My Space post? He was bragging that he did bad things, and his homies took the rap for him. Throw in chasing down other drivers, hitting women, beating his fil, harassing a co-worker, pushing a cop, etc. etc. etc. and this doofus pays for NOTHING! Ha, he not only gets off, he gets more money than he's ever seen or could make considering he cant even finish college. He had a blast with his ill-gotten gains from those idiots.

Paid off his charge cards, bought fancy phones for him & Shelly with 2 year contracts, bought I-tunes and went out for fancy dinners. At the time of Trayvons murder he wasn't paying his rent, so hopefully some of the $$$ paid his poor landlord. Too bad his mom didn't have him arrested when he turned off her electricity, but I'm sure he would have gotten off. The relative he molested might have gotten him put away, but the whole family talked her dad into letting it go.

The women he's hurt, his fil and the last guy he hurt, all refused to have him charged. What is this magical power GZ has over so many? I posted before that something was screwy with the whole trial, why is this guy so sheltered? Guy, the cute prosecutor, went on to fight like crazy in his future trails, but he and the other 2 sat on amazing facts that would have put GZ away. The judge also made unbelievable calls that were unheard of. My only hope is next time GZ is put away for life. My fear is who will have to die, be molested or beat.
 
Old 01-23-2015, 04:08 PM
 
21 posts, read 13,491 times
Reputation: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's of zero significance. This sort of "theory" would not be allowed as "evidence" in a murder trial. It's armchair quarterbacking of a Jury decision.
Wow! Good thing we are all on a discussion board instead of a court of law then. Everyone here is posting their opinions, you included. No one here can say for sure what happened. Only two people know for sure. One is dead and the other is a liar. The jury made a decision but that doesn't mean they were right.
 
Old 01-23-2015, 04:55 PM
 
38,326 posts, read 15,373,194 times
Reputation: 16904
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-52 View Post
Wow! Good thing we are all on a discussion board instead of a court of law then. Everyone here is posting their opinions, you included. No one here can say for sure what happened. Only two people know for sure. One is dead and the other is a liar. The jury made a decision but that doesn't mean they were right.
Thank you for your opinion. Not that it matters to anyone but you.

By definition, the Jury's decision/opinion is the only one that does count in regards to the state of Fla. vs GZ in the matter of TM. They disagree with you.
 
Old 01-23-2015, 04:56 PM
 
1,077 posts, read 650,190 times
Reputation: 1636
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Of course I believe it, because it's true. The rest is just a distraction.

Do you believe that you have the right to assault someone because you think you are being followed?



The evidence, and the finding of the court, say differently.

I believe DNA evidence refutes that claim..finding of the court, which was the jurors wrongful verdict..

You will find the discovery documents at below link..
New Zimmerman evidence includes DNA tests, emails to police chief
 
Old 01-23-2015, 06:26 PM
 
9,112 posts, read 4,534,544 times
Reputation: 3730
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutterfly View Post
I do not disagree that the dispatcher had no authority. However, I do believe GZ understood that -- though he wasn't legally compelled to stop following TM, he had been informed it was wrong and inappropriate to do so. He knew.

He chose to go ahead because, simply, he wanted to go ahead and follow.

You don't believe GZ was already out of his car Before dispatch said they don't need him to follow and/or he continued to follow after talking to dispatch ? Which is it ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top