U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 03:21 PM

244 posts, read 181,420 times

Advertisements

While it is certainly true that you can fear for your life while sustaining no injury, the killer didn't go that route; he took a different tack: he said he feared for his life because Trayvon Martin (of the pristine hands save for one scratch) was administering a series of brutal punches and head slams. When a bald man claims his lumpy noggin was smashed into a cement sidewalk repeatedly (11 or 12 times) that noggin should look like jack-o-lantern road kill. When a man receives multiple blows to the face and head, he will look like a man who received multiple blows to the face and head and not a 5-year old with a nosebleed mugging for the camera. When a teenager reduces a grown man to a bloody pulp via intimate contact, the teenager's hands and clothing will reflect that contact. Yet, save for the gunshot to the heart, Trayvon Martin's hands and hoodie were just as we would expect them to be on a teenager going to and returning home from the store.

The mere fact that Trayvon Martin grabbed the gun (per the killer, not the forensics) would be all one needed to claim fear of death. But our killer wasn't content with something so mundane. Why? Why the embellishment, the exaggeration, the demonstrable lies? Lies right out of the gate to boot. True stories stand on their merits, but for some reason, the more the killer talks, the greater the depature from reality and the less his story matches the forensics to the point where the only thing he seems to have gotten right is "I shot him."

Old 01-26-2015, 03:49 PM

9,102 posts, read 4,524,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
BBM

Not what I said at all...

no witnesses saw the murder...some saw as GZ was chasing TM, some saw them rolling around the grass (never on concrete) and one saw GZ lay on top of TM as he lay dying..GZ claims to have spread TM's arms out, yet they were tucked under his body when the officer who gave life saving efforts came on the scene. GZ didn't call for an ambulance or try to save TMs life himself..

If you (general you) think GZ is a stand up guy that's a right you (general you) have.

I believe GZ got away with murder, he should be doing life...

Well thanks for confirming GZ did not have life threatening injuries. SD should have also been afforded to TM but those damn jurors didn't use common sense or go over important evidence.

My only hope is this recent witness BB will follow through on those DV charges and do what the Sanford 6 jury failed to do..
In post 929 you wrote:

"As far as TM falling to his knees, tells me both were standing when fatal shot fired."

I don't think the state proved its case; to normal people, that doesn't = GZ's a stand up guy.

Your statement that no medical report was submitted indicating GZ suffered a fractured nose is it for me. Nobody who followed the trial or even the discovery with a fair mind can make that claim. A real Warrior for Truth would know better

Old 01-26-2015, 04:17 PM

38,060 posts, read 15,286,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
BBM

Where is this medical report. He never produced a medical report confirming a fractured nose..
Why would Zimmerman produce a medical report in court?

Old 01-26-2015, 04:25 PM

104 posts, read 61,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Though his medical report says he had a fractured nose, I'm fairly sure you'll claim he did that to himself before he saw the doctor.

What next, crazy articles that the cops didn't keep GZ's clothes or gun, TM was a John Doe in the morgue for days, and other discredited claims ?

If you're trying to make the point that GZ had no life threatening injuries, or even serious injuries, point made. The point you avoid is that nobody needs to wait for those types of injuries to happen before using deadly force.

Your idea that both were standing when TM was shot means the conspiracy included not just GZ and the cops, but also all the witnesses, the forensic analysts, the state itself.
I surely don't believe he fractured his own nose. I do believe it is a gray area whether his nose was literally fractured. However, he was certainly in a scuffle. Then, as the evidence showed somehow Martin moved quite some distance from him. And then . . . we don't precisely know. And then he shot and killed Martin. It may make some people comfortable to fill in the . . . to meet their own beliefs or hopes. But that ellipsis is there.
And I will add that philosophically, I do not believe you should shoot and kill someone because you've been in a scuffle and have some minor injuries. Perhaps we simply have a philosophical difference. I believe you should take any other action -- run back to your truck, for example (or even stay there to begin with if you are fearful), but do not shoot and kill another human being. But, that, of course is the philosophical difference. My own comes from my Christian faith which I take very seriously. Certainly, I do not expect others to agree. I do hope they respect it and do not belittle my views.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why would Zimmerman produce a medical report in court?
Of course he would not, because it would have hurt his case.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:04 PM

5,220 posts, read 2,375,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutterfly View Post
And I will add that philosophically, I do not believe you should shoot and kill someone because you've been in a scuffle and have some minor injuries. Perhaps we simply have a philosophical difference. I believe you should take any other action -- run back to your truck, for example (or even stay there to begin with if you are fearful), but do not shoot and kill another human being. But, that, of course is the philosophical difference. My own comes from my Christian faith which I take very seriously. Certainly, I do not expect others to agree. I do hope they respect it and do not belittle my views.
The problem is that a street fight can easily result in debilitating injury, maiming, or death. We're aren't talking about a couple of kids in a school yard scuffle where the result might be a black eye or a bloody nose.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:12 PM

38,060 posts, read 15,286,103 times
Quote:
It may have. But the point is that under Florida Law, he isn't required to prove he was attacked. It's the prosecutor's job to prove that he wasn't.

i.e. A medical report of Zimmerman's nose is irrelevant.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:20 PM

6,121 posts, read 3,316,354 times
Quote:
Yet all of this was presented at the trial by the prosecution NOT the defense. In fact the lead prosecutor was criticized for leaving out testimony given by Zimmerman that would be favorable to his acquittal. The lead prosecutor said in response to this criticism, it's not their job to present evidence favorable to the defense. It couldn't possibly be "self serving". So yes, I am serious, but it appears you really are not.

" To be blunt, he's a liar."

You have concluded that everything that Zimmerman states is a lie. I won't tell you how to think, that is your prerogative , but your "reality"/opinion isn't any sort of proof. It does however explain pretty much everything you have posted in this topic. In other words, it doesn't really matter what the real evidence shows, what is said in court by either side, the Fla. SYG law, etc. etc. etc, GZ in your reality is guilty. It's an irrational conclusion, but so be it. I have no desire to change your opinion.
Zimmerman was proven to be a liar when he and his wife told the judge he had no money to put up bail but in fact had hundreds of thousands of dollars in his defense fund sent in by gullible saps all over the country. That does not mean he is incapable of speaking the truth when it suits his purpose. So, your conclusion of my conclusion is quite faulty. You have done nothing to prove that Martin attacked Zimmerman because you can't - there is no evidence and no testimony of that regardless of how you try to skirt the issue or draw faulty conclusions.

I have never asked anyone to embrace my opinion, but I go to great lengths to differentiate between my beliefs and facts; too bad you won't.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:40 PM

9,102 posts, read 4,524,716 times
Quote:
The medical report diagnosis said, 'nasal bones, closed fractures.'

imo, consistent with, not proof of a punch to the nose.

The prosecutor had the physician assistant as a witness at the trial.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
It may have. But the point is that under Florida Law, he isn't required to prove he was attacked. It's the prosecutor's job to prove that he wasn't.

i.e. A medical report of Zimmerman's nose is irrelevant.
That's not a bad argument. So why do so many Zimmerman supporters keep mentioning it as if it were relevant? No evidence was given that Martin broke Zimmerman's nose. End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or