Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 10:01 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,453,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Agree there were a large number of GZ supporters that race was the issue...
But for the GZ detractors, the ones who constantly go on about him, it's 100% about race and nothing else.

They just have to believe that GZ is a raging psychopath otherwise, their delusion of reality, that a poor Travon Martin was innocent, can't be justified. So the tabloids feed these people with pointless stories because they know the GZ obsessed, will just eat it up. Good for ratings and advertising.

Martin was a Thug, and not the innocent the US media was making him out to be, and he ended up like most Thugs. Case closed on that.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:02 AM

7,120 posts, read 8,617,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I think Georgie is just misunderstood.
The only people that "misunderstood" George were the jury...I'm thinking you meant this!

Old 01-10-2015, 10:02 AM

50,377 posts, read 36,005,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Playing the other side , when a guy goes through something lie that there are those that push to get a rise out of him in order to prove something.
Acting like bullies as it were to get him to react.
Not saying this is so , but speaking for my self as a kid I was large ( not fat ) for my age, and did not believe in fighting, and was forced into many fights, I had nothing to do with ,and got in trouble over them, it was very frustrating .
He threw a wine bottle at his girlfriend then threatened her by pointing a shotgun at her. Are you implying she is somehow responsible by "pushing to get a rise out of him"?

Old 01-10-2015, 10:13 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,400,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Said this twice and will say it again..

The sad part about this is that majority of Zimmerman defenders will NEVER have some introspection and say "Gee, maybe I was just wrong about this" because it was never about GZ to them. It was about their hatred for black males, that they deem to be "thugs" (and for many of them, just black males in general). It was about the fact that GZ got away with killing a no good n.... They can deny, and get into nonsense about how Trayvon attacked him blah blah blah but that is all window dressing.

It doesn't matter what GZ does from this point forward. They will always pretend that that behavior is completely divorced from the Trayvon situation, and not further proof of the poisoned soul that lies within him that murdered a young man for no reason.
You can say it countless times, but that doesn't make it true. You believe it, but that doesn't make it true. The majority of white people do not have animosity to black males. Usually they don't think about any male from another race unless reading something in the news. I think some black people are so biased in their beliefs they can't possibly change. It's too bad because in so many ways they are so mistaken.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:15 AM

50,377 posts, read 36,005,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
You can say it countless times, but that doesn't make it true. You believe it, but that doesn't make it true. The majority of white people do not have animosity to black males. Usually they don't think about any male from another race unless reading something in the news. I think some black people are so biased in their beliefs they can't possibly change. It's too bad because in so many ways they are so mistaken.
The poster never said they did...she said the majority of Zimmerman defenders do. Are you implying most white people defend his actions? I'm white, and I sure don't.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:21 AM

8,082 posts, read 6,704,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
The only people that "misunderstood" George were the jury...I'm thinking you meant this!
No, I think that the jury did the right thing. TM was a thug who got what he deserved.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:25 AM

894 posts, read 1,046,532 times
I think the jury made the right call because they had to make a decision based on evidence, not emotion. However, even if Trayvon was the biggest piece of crap kid on the planet, he didn't deserve to die. It wasn't Zimmerman's place to confront him. He was a citizen, not a cop.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:36 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Huh.

It seems like he has this pattern of repeatedly initiating violent confrontations with people.

Who would have guessed?
Too bad he can't go back on trial given what has happened since then. The outcome might be different knowing today what we know now about this guyi

Old 01-10-2015, 10:36 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,288,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartWA View Post
Looks like trouble is going to follow George Zimmerman wherever he goes.
How does he hold a job? I sure wouln't want him in my workplace.
Trouble isn't following him, he's creating it all himself. It seems he thinks violence (and guns) are the answer to all of his everyday conflicts. Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't face another murder charge at some point in the future.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:38 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,128,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
But for the GZ detractors, the ones who constantly go on about him, it's 100% about race and nothing else.

They just have to believe that GZ is a raging psychopath otherwise, their delusion of reality, that a poor Travon Martin was innocent, can't be justified. So the tabloids feed these people with pointless stories because they know the GZ obsessed, will just eat it up. Good for ratings and advertising.

Martin was a Thug, and not the innocent the US media was making him out to be, and he ended up like most Thugs. Case closed on that.
They are both idiots. GZ is just an idiot with a gun, and he won the fight between two idiots. Just like Brown and Wilson. Im not even going to call them "thugs" because people like to use the word "thug" now in place of the N word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
It seems like he will never get back on the straight and narrow.
GZ was never on the straight and narrow, and he will keep proving it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events