Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2015, 04:58 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
But for the GZ detractors, the ones who constantly go on about him, it's 100% about race and nothing else.

They just have to believe that GZ is a raging psychopath otherwise, their delusion of reality, that a poor Travon Martin was innocent, can't be justified. So the tabloids feed these people with pointless stories because they know the GZ obsessed, will just eat it up. Good for ratings and advertising.

Martin was a Thug, and not the innocent the US media was making him out to be, and he ended up like most Thugs. Case closed on that.

Case open back up show some documention of TM being a Thug I'm Waiting..........

Crickets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9c_KttvQPU

Old 01-11-2015, 05:03 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
He's a bad boy and a celebrity. If he had money, that would complete the trifecta.
Exactly. I would think that the answer to this question would be the most obvious aspect of this entire thing.

Quote:
This is a logical fallacy. You have not established that the facts are the same and the "facts" as you state them, are simply incorrect. Take off those "Black before anything else" glasses and you might be able to see it better and your amazement will go away.
What parts are and aren't factual?

TM = calling him a thug is as subjective as it gets. It was a fact that he was unarmed and we will never know what happened that night 100%, so what part of my post is incorrect, again?

We do know, however, that GZ pointed a weapon at a defenseless woman, which according to what you and other constitute as a 'thug', he should be considered one based on that action, alone. He's also been arrested several times.

Apparently to some on here, giving the middle finger on an Instagram picture = thug, but somehow a pass is given for someone who has been arrested multiple times and was involved in a murder trial.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:14 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,985 times
The smears of Martin is the thing that's completely immaterial, since it's never been established that any of those things lead to his death at the hands of Zimmerman. The character of a dead man is irrelevant, because we're not here to examine the victim since he didn't pull the trigger.

Look at their histories, Zimmerman has a lengthy criminal history, Martin does not. look at their behavior, Zimmerman is pissed and stalks Martin even after being told not to by 911, Martin runs away from him and is scared. it takes a serious leap in logic to come to the conclusion that martin was the aggressor.

but Martin was a black guy in a hoodie, and white people can't view him as anything but a murdering thug.

I knew this guy was bad news from the beginning. There's nothing scarier than an armed, fat, unathletic, early 30s failure at life, desperate to prove himself, who trains MMA to feel empowered during his self-imposed role as a community vigilante, but is in fact so bad at mma that he could get his ass beat damn near to death by a 17 year old--it was really only a matter of time before he shot somebody.

Last edited by mrmondaynight; 01-11-2015 at 05:34 PM..

Old 01-11-2015, 05:16 PM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
I wasn't responding to a question. I was simply stating fact. Zimmerman was found innocent. i.e. Self defense against a useless Thug confirmed.

As much as you wish to hyperventilate to the contrary, it's irrelevant and doesn't change anything.
He was found "not guilty". He was not found "innocent". There is a difference.

Of course OJ was found "innocent" as well.

And feel free to answer the question I posed to you Zim apologists. As I said before. None of you do because none of you can.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:19 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Oh please. Zimmerman retreated once the police dispatcher told him to. Once he retreated, Trayvon came after GZ and physically attacked him and would have beat him to death had Zimmerman not shot him.
That's lying at 100 lies a hour...........

Old 01-11-2015, 05:21 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Case open back up show some documention of TM being a Thug I'm Waiting..........
Simple enough. I'm surprised you are flummoxed by it.
  1. From Websters. Thug = a violent criminal
  2. From Trial - Zimmerman had defended himself against a violent criminal. Jury agreed.
  3. TM = Thug - By Definition.
Case remains closed.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:23 PM

687 posts, read 915,456 times
George Zimmerman should've been a national hero. Instead he was lambasted by the mainstream press, harassed by the local police department, and railroaded by the courts.

His wife left him due to the stress, and his personal freedoms have been severely restricted and he lost a lot of money fighting legal battles. The man's employment prospects are seriously diminished because few companies want to ruin their reputation because of a controversy over the simple act of hiring an able person.

The poor guy was thrown under the figurative bus.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
What parts are and aren't factual?
Until you can establish that the facts are the same, then you are committing a fallacy. But since this is an issue of you being "amazed" by the these facts, then it's really not germane to the event anyway.

I am OK with your amazement.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:24 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Simple enough. I'm surprised you are flummoxed by it.
  1. From Websters. Thug = a violent criminal
  2. From Trial - Zimmerman had defended himself against a violent criminal. Jury agreed.
  3. TM = Thug - By Definition.
Case remains closed.
Lol. My Lord.

So by that logic and definition, GZ is a thug, too, correct ??

Old 01-11-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

So by that logic and definition, GZ is a thug, too, correct ??
Has he been convicted by a jury as a violent criminal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events