Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2015, 10:33 PM

1,431 posts, read 909,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post

I don't know if you have ever been in a firearms confrontation, I have and it is quite distressing. GZ might very well be experiencing the after effects of TM assault and his decision to use deadly physical force to survive that assault.
I have too, both in the civilian world and overseas. It doesn't excuse his behavior at all.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:04 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,970,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
How so? What should Martin have done that would have convinced your highness that he was not a thug? Let me guess - nothing. He should not have been existing while black.
How about not ambushing someone?

Stop pulling the race card. It doesn't matter what color Martin was.

Old 01-13-2015, 12:03 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,793,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
How about not ambushing someone?

Stop pulling the race card. It doesn't matter what color Martin was.
It did to Zimmerman.

Old 01-13-2015, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
It did to Zimmerman.
That's about as logical as me claiming that Martin ended up attacking Zimmerman because he hated Hispanics. I don't believe race had anything at all to do with the situation, considering how dark it was, and how Martin was dressed, don't think it likely that Zimmerman or anyone else could tell whether Martin was Black, Asian, Puerto Rican, or any mixture thereof. What he could tell is that someone in a hoodie was skulking around the neighborhood. He followed them (poorly advised), and upon leaving to return to his truck, was attacked, and used lethal force in response.

Old 01-13-2015, 12:33 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,793,451 times
Quote:
That's about as logical as me claiming that Martin ended up attacking Zimmerman because he hated Hispanics. I don't believe race had anything at all to do with the situation, considering how dark it was, and how Martin was dressed, don't think it likely that Zimmerman or anyone else could tell whether Martin was Black, Asian, Puerto Rican, or any mixture thereof. What he could tell is that someone in a hoodie was skulking around the neighborhood. He followed them (poorly advised), and upon leaving to return to his truck, was attacked, and used lethal force in response.
Well, that's Zimmerman's story and you're both sticking to it.

Old 01-13-2015, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Well, that's Zimmerman's story and you're both sticking to it.
So is all of the evidence. Even common sense dictates that Martin dictated the physical encounter (he was faster, he was aware of Zimmerman's presence, the encounter happened in an open area).

Old 01-13-2015, 04:32 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,492,196 times
Quote:
Even common sense dictates that Martin dictated the physical encounter (he was faster, he was aware of Zimmerman's presence, the encounter happened in an open area).
You talk about common sense and then state such a big nonsense. So according to you zimmerman wasn't aware of GZ's presence? I thought he started following him. Encounter happened in open area so that automatically means that Martin must have dictated it? Did you also notice this guy was much heavier than TM and had a gun with him

Old 01-13-2015, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
You talk about common sense and then state such a big nonsense. So according to you zimmerman wasn't aware of GZ's presence? I thought he started following him. Encounter happened in open area so that automatically means that Martin must have dictated it? Did you also notice this guy was much heavier than TM and had a gun with him
So what you're saying is, you think a fat guy who was out of shape ambushed a physically fit guy in an open area that knew he was there, and had already evaded him?

Also, what the hell do you mean "Zimmerman wasn't aware of GZ's presence"? Are you saying he was stoned out of his mind or something? You totally lost me. I cannot make sense of YOUR post.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:57 AM

50,441 posts, read 36,095,389 times
Quote:

I don't know if you have ever been in a firearms confrontation, I have and it is quite distressing. GZ might very well be experiencing the after effects of TM assault and his decision to use deadly physical force to survive that assault.
Sure, if you discount his prior run-ins with the law, including domestic violence which happened before that confrontation, you could possibly conclude that he has PTSD...but since we do know he was in trouble with the law on more than one occasion long before he met Trayvon, I don't think it's an accurate conclusion.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:02 AM

50,441 posts, read 36,095,389 times
Quote:
Try to keep up, I'm talking about the TM case.
This is the current events forum, and it is about his latest arrest. Sure people have gotten off track (including me to some degree), but it's a little bizarre for those who do to call out posters who are on topic as if they're the ones not following the topic correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events