Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2015, 06:03 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,988,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
This is the current events forum, and it is about hsi latest arrest. Sure people have gotten off track (including me to some degree), but it's a little bizarre for those who do to call out posters who are on topic as if they're the ones not following the topic correctly.
GZ seems to have issues with common sense and "avoiding problems", etc. I will certainly agree!

Old 01-13-2015, 06:16 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,209,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Zimmerman is, to this generations racists, what David Duke was a few decades ago..a way to agree with Bull Connors mindset w/o being obvious about it.
Zimmerman is a real pioneer... The first White Hispanic ever

He is a minority himself.

So the news is that the bottle is closer against the house, where it was likely thrown down or at the house from someone leaving in a vehicle.

Looks like the lady probably threw it, but she isn't willing to testify or anything so this will likely get dropped.

Georgie needs to work on his taste in females.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:21 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,313,570 times
Last I heard on the local news, the lady won't testify, the event wasn't as portrayed in the media.

But there will be no end to this guy as long as he is a sitting duck for the next news story and he continues down this track.

If I were him I would change my name, get my supposedly influential father to seal the record, and move to the oil fields of the Dakotas for awhile. Or some small town in Texas or Idaho. Stay away from guns. And lay off the women for awhile, his picker is apparently broken.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:33 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,643,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
How about not ambushing someone?

Stop pulling the race card. It doesn't matter what color Martin was.
I love it how the obvious gets pointed out and it makes you uncomfortable. Zimmerman was the one who did the ambushing. Martin was not bothering anyone - Zimmerman initiated the confrontation. Period.

And why did Zimmerman harass Martin?

Old 01-13-2015, 06:34 AM

Quote:
That's about as logical as me claiming that Martin ended up attacking Zimmerman because he hated Hispanics. I don't believe race had anything at all to do with the situation, considering how dark it was, and how Martin was dressed, don't think it likely that Zimmerman or anyone else could tell whether Martin was Black, Asian, Puerto Rican, or any mixture thereof. What he could tell is that someone in a hoodie was skulking around the neighborhood. He followed them (poorly advised), and upon leaving to return to his truck, was attacked, and used lethal force in response.
Define "skulking."

Old 01-13-2015, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Zimmerman is a real pioneer... The first White Hispanic
ever
The term "Hispanic" refers to those of Spanish-influenced culture or ancestry. There are millions of white Hispanics in this country.

Quote:
Georgie needs to work on his taste in females.
Georgie needs to be wearing stripes.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:59 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,368,101 times
I always find the cries that "Zimmerman's not white!" to be funny because it implies that brown people can't be racist. But whatever.

To me this was never about racism on Zimmerman's part beyond the fact that he profiled Martin because he was a young black male in a hoodie. To me this was not about his racism, but about his narcissism. If he had an excuse to go after a young white or Hispanic male, he would have. In my view, this was all about Zimmerman's need to be a hero and to be acknowledged. Trayvon Martin was just a prop in the movie script he was writing in his head, the script that Zimmerman would star in.

Where racism enters into it for me is in how people reacted to Trayvon Martin, calling him a thug, etc. He was a teenaged boy who got into some trouble. Pot smoking? Um, I went to an elite private school where cocaine was one of the preferred drugs. Nobody was calling those rich twits thugs. He was a bully? He got into fights? Whatever. I know several white collar professionals with far more troubled pasts than Trayvon Martin's.

Writing Martin off as just a "thug," as if his life had no value, is where I see the racism. Absolving Zimmerman of any blame, buying into his concocted script and demonizing Trayvon Martin is where I see the racism. Failing to acknowledge that a grown man approaching and then following Trayvon Martin in the dark for no reason was a definite provocation is where I see the racism.

And this is all just going off of Zimmerman's testimony - I strongly suspect that things did not unfold quite the way he claimed, but who could contradict him? As others have said, he was "overcharged" when he was brought to trial.

Everything about Zimmerman's life before the Martin shooting that I have read and everything that has happened since has strongly indicated to me that he is a narcissist with delusions that he is an unrecognized hero. Yeah, it's armchair psychology, but there's an awful lot of data to go on with how much this guy ends up in the news. He's a malevolent Walter Mitty.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:54 AM

17,789 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
and upon leaving to return to his truck, was attacked, and used lethal force in response.
Again, this is where Zimmerman is lying out his teeth. If he was "attacked" like he claims, then Martin's body would have been found where Zimmerman says the attack occurred.

It wasn't. It was found around 40 feet away from where Zimmerman claims the attack occurred. Again, not ONE of you Zim supporters even TRY to explain how this could have happened.

It is possible that Zimmerman is correct in that the initial encounter occurred at the "T" in the sidewalk, but the escalation of events took it 40 feet away from that spot (pushing, shoving etc).

It is during this period that it is highly likely that the "cop assaulting, shotgun pointing, wine bottle throwing "Zimmerman reared his ugly head to the point that Martin felt threatened and retaliated.

However, we don't know this for sure because nobody saw this part of the altercation and Zimmerman sure isn't going to admit to it.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Again, this is where Zimmerman is lying out his teeth. If he was "attacked" like he claims, then Martin's body would have been found where Zimmerman says the attack occurred.

It wasn't. It was found around 40 feet away from where Zimmerman claims the attack occurred. Again, not ONE of you Zim supporters even TRY to explain how this could have happened.

It is possible that Zimmerman is correct in that the initial encounter occurred at the "T" in the sidewalk, but the escalation of events took it 40 feet away from that spot (pushing, shoving etc).

It is during this period that it is highly likely that the "cop assaulting, shotgun pointing, wine bottle throwing "Zimmerman reared his ugly head to the point that Martin felt threatened and retaliated.

However, we don't know this for sure because nobody saw this part of the altercation and Zimmerman sure isn't going to admit to it.
Zimmerman was and is a horrible human being, and while he obviously isn't too intelligent, he was cynically manipulative and savvy enough to understand (or someone told him) that if he just said that Trayvon was a menacing presence and that he was scared for his life, he'd ultimately get off because there were enough people in the police station and ultimately the jury who fall for that "Negro menace to society" b.s. trick.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:08 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I love it how the obvious gets pointed out and it makes you uncomfortable. Zimmerman was the one who did the ambushing. Martin was not bothering anyone - Zimmerman initiated the confrontation. Period.
Period? LOL

If you were there and know this, then why didn't you testify at the trial? Of course you were there and this is an opinion that isn't backed up by any thing other than those "I'm Black He's Black" glasses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events