Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 08:44 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
The highlighted bullet point is faulty logic and just plain wrong. The jury gives no reason for failing to convict. A jury's verdict speaks only to the guilty/not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt question and does absolutely nothing to verify or deny any specific sub issues or testimony at trial.
Your opinion. Without a victim, you legally can't have a violent crime.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:46 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
As a law abiding citizen, if you called 911 and they recommended that you not follow the individual and allow police to do their job, would you still follow Trayvon? Remember, Trayvon hadn't committed any crime, just passing through with his hoodie and a soft drink beverage.
GZ was following TM Before he called dispatch. GZ claims he stopped following and was returning to his car when TM confronted him.

It's not worth the time to find the actual trial testimony, but the SPD neighborhood watch coordinator testified that GZ did nothing wrong in either calling dispatch or trying to observe where the guy he thought looked suspicious was going.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Not true.

Regardless of who initiated the physical confrontation, if TM ended up on top, banging GZ's head into the ground, beating him 'MMA' style, and reached for GZ's gun, GZ was legally justified in shooting, even if he did start the confrontation.

I happen to believe that TM came back to confront GZ, did, and we know the rest.
Maybe you should read what I said again. Sounds as if we are in loud agreement.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
As testified by whom?
Until you answer the question that I posed to you, I will not continue answering your questions. It's nothing but angry trolling at this point.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:54 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
You guys should stop wasting your time arguing with them.

GZ could blow some woman's head off with a shotgun tomorrow and they'll still be here defending his actions against TM.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:55 AM

244 posts, read 248,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutterfly View Post
Tell me again how you know this is GZ screaming?
Hi mbutterfly! We know it's not the killer screaming because he told us so himself. It's been ages since I read through the discovery, but it was Det. Serino, I think, who asked the killer to reenact the audio before playing it for him and Zimmerman responds with a feeble "yelp...yelp," about as far from the recorded death wail as one could possibly be. Of course this later morphed at trial into Uncle Jorge testifying he wasn't near his television, but heard the recording and instantly knew that was George because that's exactly how George screamed as a child, lololol. Backed up by Haberdasher Donnelly because: Nam.

Oh the horror! Photographs of Trayvon in his youth! Those uppity blacks and their false narratives, trying to pull the wool over the white man's eyes, someone please pass the smelling salts STAT!

Oh the horror X 2! Photos of the killer's head boo boos! Found by medical personnel to require nothing more than a bandaid and a far cry from MyEyesWereCoveredInBloodAndBloodWasPouringOutOfMyE arsAndIWasAboutToLoseConsciousness!!! Anyone who ever shaved their legs or forgot to trim a baby's fingernails has been closer to death than this nut. I still get the giggles whenever I think of those pics of the killer sporting maxi pads on his noggin for the on-scene reenactment. I give him a C for effort (no neck brace, no cane) and an F for honesty.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
You guys should stop wasting your time arguing with them. GZ could blow some woman's head off with a shotgun tomorrow and they'll still be here defending his actions against TM.
This falls into the insult the messenger instead of address the message category. It's commonly done when someone can't logically address the facts. You really should know better. Now this tactic really is a waste of time.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:05 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This falls into the insult the messenger instead of address the message category. It's commonly done when someone can't logically address the facts. You really should know better.
Yawn.

Get back to me when you're capable of addressing my posts completely, instead of cherry-picking what you think you can answer and dismissing the rest as "nonsense" since you aren't capable of formulating a counter argument.

Feel free to go back through my 30 posts to see exactly what I'm talking about.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:15 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If someone jumps me I'm going to do my best to off them before they off me. While you might lie and wait to meet your maker, which I seriously doubt, I intend to get out it with as little injury as possible. You can bet that if I or most anyone else with any sense had a weapon, it's going to get used. I'm certainly not going to lay there until my skull is cracked open before pulling a trigger.

You are simply creating a strawman to burn.

In regards to proof, there is certainly enough proof that Zimmerman was being attacked and met the Florida statutes allowing one to defend themselves.
How are you going to "off them," WaldoMitty? Run them over with your Rascal scooter? Keep on fantasizing in your armchair ...

GZ and his lawyer created the strawman and burned it successfully.

The verdict had nothing to do with statutes, in fact GZ's lawyer didn't use "Stand Your Ground" as a defense. The verdict had to do with a jury being picked that consisted of idiots who have been out in the sun too long. After Casey Anthony, nobody respects FL juries.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:18 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Not true.

Regardless of who initiated the physical confrontation, if TM ended up on top, banging GZ's head into the ground, beating him 'MMA' style, and reached for GZ's gun, GZ was legally justified in shooting, even if he did start the confrontation.

I happen to believe that TM came back to confront GZ, did, and we know the rest.
Were you there? Otherwise, you have no way of knowing this because this story was never proven with evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events