Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2015, 10:51 AM

1,077 posts, read 866,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Just like Zimmerman, OJ was innocent of the criminal charges brought against him. OJ was innocent. People ranting against OJ have no bearing on this just like those here ranting on and on about Zimmerman.

BBM

LOL...not innocent, the jury felt the State didn't meet their burden of proof...SMH

OJ was found liable in a civil court..so he was guilty...

Old 01-17-2015, 10:56 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,445,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scampii View Post
Thanks, I knew you couldn't. There is no option of "innocent" on any jury form. The options are guilty and not guilty. Not guilty does not mean "innocent." It means not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. A defendant can be guilty as hell, as I believe Zimmerman is and still be found not guilty by the jury.
This of course, is Scampii, legal theory from the court of logical fallacies. in the USA, a Jury will never be asked if a person is innocent because they are innocent unless they decide guilt of charges. LOL. The supreme court says this as well. . Read the court case posted above. The nonsense you bring up was settled long ago.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post

I gave you the legal definition of what an acquittal is and it's not innocent...
Never said it was.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Zimmerman classified himself as "white" on multiple forms that were entered as evidence in the trial.
So NOW what he says about himself is important. He also said he was innocent which you claim he isn't.

I see how it is. LOL.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
LOL, there are contradictions floating about, but they aren't coming from you!
No contradiction from me. Not even a good try this time. See my previous post if you want contradiction. LOL

Old 01-17-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Actually, I'm talking about forms that he completed. Claiming innocence in a court of law is different.
Sure it is. LOL!!!

You tripped up on your own nonsense.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:23 AM

104 posts, read 82,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I see, so if I check off I am brown, yellow, red, black, or something other than white, I can qualify for affirmative action hiring preferences?

I say that tongue in cheek, but there is a funny/sad story about just such a thing, but where the applicant had the legal right to claim he was a so called "African-American", but was denied due to him being white. The guy was born and raised in Africa and became a US citizen, but when he came in for the opportunity that was only being afforded minorities, they rejected him as being African-American because of the pigment of his skin.

Anyone who knows anything about race/ethnic backgrounds could take one look at GZ's picture and know he was not white.

If the police department is classifying him as white, at best they might mean white Hispanic, because it is clear he is not white.
At least not in the way whites have been historically referred to as. You know, the evil slave owners who ruined the world with colonialism.

`
If GZ considers himself white and has identified with his father's race more than his mother's rather more complex ethnicity, then that is his right. Absolutely. And, to tell the truth, just looking at GZ's photo, I wouldn't have hazarded a guess as to his ethnicity. I don't even know why anyone would be moved to do so.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:31 AM

104 posts, read 82,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Just like Zimmerman, OJ was innocent of the criminal charges brought against him. OJ was innocent. People ranting against OJ have no bearing on this just like those here ranting on and on about Zimmerman.
BBM Exactly. And in both cases for excellent reasons. I'm not getting how you believe that the Zimmerman trial has no bearing on this George Zimmerman thread.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutterfly View Post
...I'm not getting how you believe that the Zimmerman trial has no bearing on this George Zimmerman thread.
What Zimmerman does AFTER the TM trial has absolutely no bearing on the decision the jury made in the TM trial. He wasn't charged with what he might do in the future.

Maybe some people didn't realize the "Minority Report" was science fiction.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:45 AM

50,339 posts, read 35,989,770 times
I find it interesting that all the people who are so eager to forgive George because a jury found him not guilty do not seem to extend the same to Casey Anthony. I don't remember anyone defending her or being so "fair minded" after she was found not guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.