Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 09:30 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,791,073 times

Advertisements

Is there something new? The last I heard is the girl that claimed he threw a wine bottle at her changed her story.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:42 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,015,289 times
Gz=oj

Old 02-01-2015, 10:28 AM

10,704 posts, read 5,651,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
BBM

Of course, GZ knew the community and it's short cuts better than TM.

When you take the totality of the evidence, the conflicting account of events from GZ, the forensic evidence, the DNA evidence, the bullet trajectory, etc., it doesn't back up GZ words, of course that is only my opinion and interpretation of what I read when discovery was released.

It truly doesn't matter unless the DOJ decides he did indeed violate TM's right to walk freely to his home. Or that GZ did have ill will or hate as he ventured out in vigilante mode to target a person he deemed suspicious and continually called a suspect in his written incident report. That also goes to his mentality believing he is a LEO.
Do you find it strange that the jury, who was privy to all of the ACTUAL information related to the case (and not just internet speculation) came to the complete opposite conclusion?

Old 02-01-2015, 10:58 AM

244 posts, read 247,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
I may do that if I have the time at some point. With as long a thread as this, it's easy to understand that you may have missed the relatively few posts I've scattered through the thread, but if you have seen either of two posts in particular, you'll know that I've made the point that, unlike in some television cop shows, real investigations don't usually involve any ah-hah moment where one single key piece of evidence makes a case. In the real world, investigation is a painstaking process of piecing together many bits of evidence and figuring out how they add up.

It would take quite a long post to go into all the evidence here and show how it all adds up. And, I'm sure that plenty of people would still refuse to believe what I could show must logically be regarded as the only plausible scenario, no matter how well I explained things.

Still, if I have the time, I might do it at some point in case a few of you might actually be open to that. IF I have time, so don't count on it.

The bottom line is that a forum like this doesn't lend itself well to the kind of detailed analysis and explanation it would take.

Anyone who is actually interested in facts, though, and in how the law views those facts, would be well advised to do quite a bit of reading about the case. Maybe even see if you can dig up a transcript of the trial, as well as information from online sources and the like. Then try to do a lot of reading and thinking, with an open mind.
What a condescending post. Many of the posters in this thread finding the killer guilty as charged make a living via law and the criminal justice system, have followed this case from the moment it hit the air waves and know each bit of discovery and the entire trial transcript practically by heart. We understand, too, rights, laws and criminal procedure being what they are, what is left out of a trial is often more telling than what makes it into the trial and that the seating of a jury is in reality a game designed to ferret out particular prejudices, worldviews and thought processes rather than "the truth."

However, you are right that TS808's post contains speculation: what would Trayvon say? (Besides "you gonna die tonight #%+$" and "you got me," lol). What we do know is this: the killer claimed he called for help - while Trayvon purportedly suffocated him with a third set of hands - yet claimed no ownership of the prolonged death wail until Serino played the audio and said "That's you, screaming."

You are also correct: a well-done investigation can indeed be a painstaking process and the A-Ha Moment is better suited to television than reality. Perhaps if you had taken the Sanford Police Department under your wing, Trayvon Martin and his family might actually have benefited from said process rather than the shoddy, half-assed and downright deplorable crap of an investigation dumped on them in late February of 2012.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:59 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
I don't want there to be an end to him
If George had been black u would not be posting about him
George has been judged and found guilty by the club of sdww
Self defense while white
Which is a mistrial he is 100% Latino

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 02-01-2015 at 11:18 AM..

Old 02-01-2015, 11:05 AM

244 posts, read 247,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
it is my understanding that TM was visiting his father who was in a subdivision next to Twin Reserve or whatever. So if this is true, TM climbed over a 4/5 ft brick fence, then climbed over the gated fence to get out of the enclave to go to that convenience store then went back the same way. He did not walk around the gated brick fenced enclave on the sidewalk by the road but cut through the enclave if true.

If so, then DOJ will have a hard time saying that TM's right to walk freely to his home was impeded. If he were on the sidewalk walking around the enclave/community maybe DOJ could find it differently.

Not excusing killing another human being but if anyone is holding their breath for DOJ they need to understand that this was gated, locked, private property.
Unless I'm misreading your post, Trayvon Martin was a guest at the Retreat at Twin Lakes (AKA: the killer's domain he patrolled with rottweiler and gun). In February of 2012 one did not need to climb anything to get in or out of the complex.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:27 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,310,986 times
You may be right about the girlfriend living in the community. and that might give support to a civil rights case.

the local news reports said she did not but the internet says she did.

But it was fenced, gated, locked, and required a code to enter. My daughter lived there at the time and I visited frequently.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:41 AM

21 posts, read 17,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
What a condescending post. Many of the posters in this thread finding the killer guilty as charged make a living via law and the criminal justice system, have followed this case from the moment it hit the air waves and know each bit of discovery and the entire trial transcript practically by heart. We understand, too, rights, laws and criminal procedure being what they are, what is left out of a trial is often more telling than what makes it into the trial and that the seating of a jury is in reality a game designed to ferret out particular prejudices, worldviews and thought processes rather than "the truth."

However, you are right that TS808's post contains speculation: what would Trayvon say? (Besides "you gonna die tonight #%+$" and "you got me," lol). What we do know is this: the killer claimed he called for help - while Trayvon purportedly suffocated him with a third set of hands - yet claimed no ownership of the prolonged death wail until Serino played the audio and said "That's you, screaming."

You are also correct: a well-done investigation can indeed be a painstaking process and the A-Ha Moment is better suited to television than reality. Perhaps if you had taken the Sanford Police Department under your wing, Trayvon Martin and his family might actually have benefited from said process rather than the shoddy, half-assed and downright deplorable crap of an investigation dumped on them in late February of 2012.
Tried to rep you for this wonderful post but couldn't. It is a well- known fact among people who make their living in the criminal justice system and also among people who follow cases via the Internet. Sometimes juries just don't get it right. I'm sure Ogre has made arrests where the person he arrested was found not guilty even when he knew from his investigation that was the wrong finding. It happens a lot.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:59 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-52 View Post
...Sometimes juries just don't get it right......
That is a generalization fallacy argument that is irrelevant here. The jury in Fla vs GZ did not get it wrong.

The job of the jury is to judge what it put in front of them against the law using the instructions passed to them by the Judge. Rarely do they get this job wrong. In the case of GZ vs TM there was nothing presented to them that would convict GZ of murder which is what he was charged with. They made the right decision.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:09 PM

104 posts, read 83,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
[/i]

GZ didn't know he was carrying iced tea and Skittles, and even if he did, when and where does it state that carrying such items means you are not a thug? Did Chris Rock put out a video about how not to look like a thug?
So let me get this straight. You are saying Chris Rock put out a video about how not to look like a thug. Therefore any human being who does not look like a thug actually is a thug? Would this be any human being in the world or would it be just English speaking human beings because Chris Rock was singing in English? I'm not getting how this logic tells us anything about Trayvon Martin other than he was a human being with iced tea and Skittles, and some people will stretch any truth to make that mean something nefarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events