Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2015, 03:11 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
He's A Bean Pole who trains in MMA which TM did not do , anything else???????????????
Let me try to explain it again so that it doesn't keep going so far above your head.

Weight, for the most part is irrelevant. A skinny person can still beat the snot out of a much heavier person. What do you not understand about this?

Old 02-27-2015, 04:00 PM

17,156 posts, read 15,373,458 times
You're on the ground getting beat senseless in ground and pound style, and you're still able to reach for your gun (assuming it was at his waist), maneuver it around and fire a fatal shot?

Old 02-27-2015, 04:06 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
You're on the ground getting beat senseless in ground and pound style, and you're still able to reach for your gun (assuming it was at his waist), maneuver it around and fire a fatal shot?
That's what both the witness testimony and forensic evidence showed.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:36 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,912,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
The problem here is how the "Stand Your Ground" law is written. It needs to be completely overhauled.
Years ago, in Leesburg, FL, a little girl riding at the back of her dad's car was shot dead because her dad and some other moron in a different car were carrying on, road-raging and threatening each other. One man fired, missed, and hit the little girl. The man is out Scott-free.
Both he and the dad realized how stupid their actions were.

Similarly, here we have an armed man stalking an unarmed teen who is simply walking. He instigates a fight, apparently "loses," and so decides to kill the teen.

The law pretty much says that you can kill if you're getting your a$$ kicked and are in fear for your life, which is what he claims he did.
It's a stupid law. It's murder. It's not involuntary. Anyone who thinks he did the right thing is blinded by *insert whatever you want here.*
Whatever anyone thinks of the SYG law, I'd like to see opinions based on an understanding of the law. SYG is nothing at all like what you describe here. Not even close.

Anyone with solid knowledge of standard U.S. law about self-defense, and how it compares to the SYG provision in Florida's law (". . . does not have a duty to retreat . . ."), will understand that SYG was not even relevant in the Zimmerman-Martin case.

And the evidence--not some picture someone just got into his head of how it musta gone down, but evidence--does not support what you describe in the passage in bold. Not even close.

Last edited by ogre; 02-27-2015 at 08:09 PM..

Old 02-27-2015, 07:52 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,912,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Got a poster right here. Its Titled "American Rights Prevail"

Trying to deflect and make some one else the "Bad Guys" isn't going to work, and that's all you got. You may not believe in the Constitution and are willing to give away all your freedoms supporting Thugs and criminals as "Misunderstood Youth" but some of us aren't. Martin was a thug and a punk, and sealed his own destiny. In GZ's place I would have shot him too. (multiple times) Don't care what you think about it. People can choose a path in life, and if you make a wrong turn, you suffer the consequences. Its that simple..

.Write a letter to your Congressman Tell him you don't believe in a Court System and want Mob Justice legalized. Let me know how that works out for you.
I'm really glad to see someone call attention to the Constitution. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's very concerned about the way people seem to want to throw away our rights just as long as GZ "gets what he deserves"--at least I hope I'm not--but I think this may be the first time in any CD thread about this topic that I've seen anyone but myself express this concern. Thank you for that.

Last edited by ogre; 02-27-2015 at 08:11 PM..

Old 02-27-2015, 08:02 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,836,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyInDeerPark View Post
Given a choice, I would prefer the likes of George Zimmerman (neighborhood watch) in my neighborhood at night than the likes of Travon Martin (suspended dope smoker).
Zimmerman, a self-appointed neighborhood watch, couldn't even get that right. No training, no ability to follow directions, carrying a weapon and going about his "patrol" while under a prescription for hallucinatory drugs.

I'll take the kid who may have smoked a little weed, thank you.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:05 PM

100 posts, read 93,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post

I'll take the kid who may have smoked a little weed, thank you.
Well dig em up, stuff him, and place him in your living room.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:13 PM

118 posts, read 81,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyInDeerPark View Post
Could Zimmerman's current actions be a result of brain damaged cause by Travon Martin banging his head into the sidewalk?
No.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed. All these pronouncements here about how he represents a danger to society, but he was not found guilty of the charges by the jury in Florida and even found to be innocent of hate crime by the derelict Obama Administration. These facts speak for themselves.
No, they don't. Do you believe the only people dangerous to society are those who have been found guilty in a court of law? The fact that he was not convicted says NOTHING about whether he is or isn't a danger to others.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Let me try to explain it again so that it doesn't keep going so far above your head.

Weight, for the most part is irrelevant. A skinny person can still beat the snot out of a much heavier person. What do you not understand about this?
Weight is in no way irrelevant. If it were, professional fighters wouldn't be classified into weight categories. About all that can be said is that weight by itself does not necessarily determine the outcome of a fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events