U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 03:47 PM

7,596 posts, read 5,105,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I wish they'd go after their bank accounts instead of their websites.
Then 'leak' who's actually funding them to rest of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 03:54 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,048,183 times
That should make them cry uncle; LOL. What's next twist their virtual arm?

Old 01-10-2015, 05:07 PM

25,410 posts, read 14,505,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Yeah 9/11 and beheadings weren't enough for them ...?
Anonymous didn't exist until after 9/11 and have done some negative things as well such as meet ups in an online second life style website where they formed the shape of a swastika. Not saying they are truly devils but they pick their spots like helping the Stubbenville rape case.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:14 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,834,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Avenge an attack on freedom of expression by interrupting a hate group's freedom of expression. Whatever, Anonymous. They're about as relevant as a book about the Fatty Arbuckle trial.

It's hardly "avenging" murder to DDOS attack a few websites. Why don't they just write "murder is bad" on posters and parade down the street wearing their Guy Fawkes masks? Just as useful. And just as much media time, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
What a joke of a group, must be a bunch of wussies sitting behind PCs. What can shutting down Jihadist websites accomplish? They can easily copy their stuff and run new ones. Nothing is stopping that. You wanna help, go online and figure out where are other radical muslims are and turn them over to authorities.

I agree with these posters. Anonymous used to be this mysterious and powerful organization that would come out of nowhere and attack something for their cause and freak everyone out. Now it seems like they'll jump on any issue and announce that they are going to attack it, and liberals and online nerds start cheering them on. Anonymous condemning someone/something is almost a weekly activity now. I was criticizing the "Hands up, don't shoot" protesters on Twitter, and someone tagged me and Anonymous together. An alleged Anonymous member said I wasn't worth their time.
They recently announced they were going to investigate the murder of a girl who was burned to death in the South since the police weren't doing enough. Yes, they think they'll investigate a murder with a computer. The only way that case is getting solved is if the suspects flip on each other.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:16 PM

3,077 posts, read 2,217,533 times
More silly platitudes from belated freedom fighters acting out their own anarchist fantasies as Western civilization faces an existential crisis.

Congratulations for finally getting in the game- or should we say, on the right side of the game. These useful idiots to the Islamicist cause were undoubtedly protesting "racism," "intolerance" and attacking fundamentalist Christians before this incident finally woke them up to that fact that there is an entire religion out there that does not agree with Western values of any kind, and is actively seeking to subvert them in our own societies.

Yeah, the beheadings, 9/11, 7/7....these weren't enough to clue them into the fact. But something about this one woke them up...they weren't just killing people, they were attacking free speech! Perhaps next they can hack the French government, since they have been censoring the speech and thought of their people for years in an attempt to appease Islam...and the Swedish government...and the German...ALL European governments really, since they are all equally complicit.

It is time for everyone to wake up and get in the fight for real. They don't want to assimilate. They don't want to be even co-equal. They do not want majority rule and minority rights. They do not respect you or our civilizations. They cannot be reformed. And they don't give a damn that our teenagers shut down a few of their websites. Nor do they care that you proclaim that you are Charlie.

This is a war of civilizations, and those who denounce you as racist because you are proud of your culture, or as a hate monger because you don't want to see it vanish, MUST be held accountable with the terrorists.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:28 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,048,183 times
Hate to say it but rallies and protest do not win wars against enemies who want you dead. These are same Muslims who sided with Hitler in WWII with same objective of defeat western they have fought since European colonist days.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:43 AM

10,830 posts, read 3,808,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
...Perhaps next they can hack the French government, since they have been censoring the speech and thought of their people for years in an attempt to appease Islam...and the Swedish government...and the German...ALL European governments really, since they are all equally complicit.
Well said.

Western elites and governments are not just appeasing but actually helping those who want to destroy the West and its freedoms.

Quote:
It is time for everyone to wake up and get in the fight for real. They [Islamists} don't want to assimilate. They don't want to be even co-equal. They do not want majority rule and minority rights. They do not respect you or our civilizations. They cannot be reformed.
Exactly.

And enough of this nonsense about Islamist "extremists" not representing Islam as a whole. I think they do represent it.

Quote:
This is a war of civilizations, and those who denounce you as racist because you are proud of your culture, or as a hate monger because you don't want to see it vanish, MUST be held accountable with the terrorists.
I agree.

Those in our society who defend the people who would destroy the West and its freedoms should be tried for treason, and the death penalty for treason should be reinstated.

As for Anonymous, I won't hold it against them that they are late to the party. They have plenty of company in that respect. I would bet not more than 10% of Americans (and an even smaller percentage of Europeans) have wised up to the fact that we are in a war of civilizations. So if Anonymous has, then more power to them.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:28 AM

6,024 posts, read 5,802,241 times
If Anonymous can swing it then I say all the more power to them and I hope they can walk their talk and cause a great deal of grief and inconvenience to the extremists. But I think it would have been better and more effective if Anonymous had not announced to the world that they were going to do it. They should have been truly "anonymous" and just done it instead of giving the extremists advance notice of their intentions so the extremists wouldn't know what or who was hitting them. Announcing their intentions makes it sound more like chest thumping and bluster with no substance. So I'll just wait and see if they can really follow through on their threat but I'm not holding out a great deal hope.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:58 AM

9,280 posts, read 5,788,929 times
I think Anonymous should hack themselves.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:58 AM

4,752 posts, read 2,179,552 times
I hope they succeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events