U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 12:14 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,378,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I wonder why the terrorists didn't kill that fellow muslim for being in a Kosher market?
There was only one attacker. Lassana escaped early through a freight elevator and avoided being seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 01:32 PM

197 posts, read 251,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I wonder why the terrorists didn't kill that fellow muslim for being in a Kosher market?

This is a postive story that we need to see more of. It shows that not all muslims are terrorists just like not all black people are looters. The bad guys are a small percentage. I believe that the majority of people just want to fit in, get a long in life and leave soemthing positive for their kids.

Good post and a Great quote:
Bathily appeared on BFMTV Saturday night to talk about the harrowing experience. When asked about his heroic acts, he replied, "We are brothers. It's not a question of Jews, of Christians or of Muslims. We're all in the same boat, we have to help each other to get out of this crisis."
(In the US) Many Muslims shop in kosher markets because some of the dietary guidelines are the same between the two religions. I don't eat pork and find it easier to shop in the Muslim halal markets or in the Jewish kosher stores.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:09 PM

5,189 posts, read 3,680,744 times
I wish the "good" Muslims would take a REAL stand against these terrorists to stop them in their tracks. They KNEW that something was going to go down and did nothing to stop the attack. The problem is, that if they do, I believe they aren't seen as true Muslims if they rally against their people. Peaceful loving Muslim people will never live in peace, unity, and safety, if the terrorists keep making people think that's what Muslims stand for in general. They need to fight back to halt these attacks.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:52 PM

12,089 posts, read 5,643,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I wish the "good" Muslims would take a REAL stand against these terrorists to stop them in their tracks. They KNEW that something was going to go down and did nothing to stop the attack. The problem is, that if they do, I believe they aren't seen as true Muslims if they rally against their people. Peaceful loving Muslim people will never live in peace, unity, and safety, if the terrorists keep making people think that's what Muslims stand for in general. They need to fight back to halt these attacks.
The "good" Muslims knew about it yet did nothing? Huh...well I'm going to ask my Muslim friends if they knew about it & if so, why didn't they stop it. I predict lots of laughter.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:24 PM

7,854 posts, read 5,481,592 times
Good job, Mr. Lassana Bathily!

Old 01-11-2015, 10:33 PM

5,216 posts, read 3,033,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Putting out more stories of good muslims won't change what is happening.
Flooding the MSM with good stories just pushes the real issue to the back burner because no one wants to truly deal with it.

Hey..not all Germans were Nazis yet 11 million Jews got murdered and we went to war to stop that 10% from trying to take over the world.
That's true. Yet try to find anyone on the Left to admit that there were any good Germans during that time.

In fact, the United States held all German citizens responsible for what happened in their country and marched whole towns, en masse, through the death camps to view the dead bodies of the people no Germans saved.

The Left would be the first to say that if you aren't fighting a movement that harms people then you are part of the problem.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:46 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,320,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
Who's judging all Muslims? Where's the anti-Muslim attacks? Where's the burned out Mosques? Where's the riots where people shout "Death to all Muslims"?

The "You Hate Muslims" accusations are always flying. Show us the proof of this supposed hatred? The fact is, it doesn't exist. We're all smarter than that.
Not every person that’s not Muslim thinks that "all Muslims are bad." That’s not anywhere in my post. The point is throughout history when a few people of a certain group do something there are always some people that blame that entire group. This isn't limited to just Muslims but happens to all race, ethnicity and religion. So yes there are people attacking other Muslims for the acts of these few. Look at the link posted by surbanguy for the hatred against Muslims for the attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Please. After 9/11, a Muslim Dunkin' Donuts franchisee near work couldn't get another American flag and a "God Bless America" sign up fast enough. No one is blaming all Muslims for everything.

Many of us, however, find it curious that the media (and some people) immediately sniff out these stories and focus on them as a way to shake their collective finger at those who want to address the atrocities.

The OP's post appears to do just that.
So you COMPLETELY missed the point of my post, which was related to Mr. Bathily's quote. I suggest you reread my post before you jump to conclusions you drew before even choosing to understand what I wrote. And obviously these atrocities need to be addressed, studied and counter measures taken to reduce the chances of this happening again. But I ask again what was the point of you even posting that sentence? It is completely irrelevant to this article.

Old 01-12-2015, 03:43 AM

677 posts, read 506,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
The "good" Muslims knew about it yet did nothing? Huh...well I'm going to ask my Muslim friends if they knew about it & if so, why didn't they stop it. I predict lots of laughter.
I think he meant in France, in the neighborhood and mosque where the terrorists lived and worshipped.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:53 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,028,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
The "You Hate Muslims" accusations are always flying. Show us the proof of this supposed hatred? The fact is, it doesn't exist. We're all smarter than that.
BS, lots of people in this country hate Muslims no matter if they are extremist or not. It's not rocket science.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:07 AM

4,720 posts, read 2,998,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
That's true. Yet try to find anyone on the Left to admit that there were any good Germans during that time.

In fact, the United States held all German citizens responsible for what happened in their country and marched whole towns, en masse, through the death camps to view the dead bodies of the people no Germans saved.

The Left would be the first to say that if you aren't fighting a movement that harms people then you are part of the problem.
This is a fantastic spot-on post which illustrates the level of apologism so prevalent now in Western society.

It's an admirable thing that this young man did. It cannot detract however from the bigger picture on hand. I'm watching CNN at this moment in fact and they are repeating this story over and over and STILL referring to the terrorists as 'hostage takers'. It's transparent and sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or