U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 08:41 AM

5,445 posts, read 4,395,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
Who's judging all Muslims? Where's the anti-Muslim attacks? Where's the burned out Mosques? Where's the riots where people shout "Death to all Muslims"?

The "You Hate Muslims" accusations are always flying. Show us the proof of this supposed hatred? The fact is, it doesn't exist. We're all smarter than that.
I see you only have 71 posts, so I'm going to chalk it up as you are new here, but search these forums for other terrorist threads and you will see the hatred towards all Muslims in those threads. The hate doesn't have to be physical to be hate. Plenty of people on these forums have blamed the entire Muslim religion on these terroristic acts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 08:44 AM

12,043 posts, read 5,595,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I see you only have 71 posts, so I'm going to chalk it up as you are new here, but search these forums for other terrorist threads and you will see the hatred towards all Muslims in those threads. The hate doesn't have to be physical to be hate. Plenty of people on these forums have blamed the entire Muslim religion on these terroristic acts.
Case in point, that bettyfonz poster who interestingly seems to have vanished off the face of the earth here. Gee, too bad.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:37 AM

677 posts, read 504,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
BS, lots of people in this country hate Muslims no matter if they are extremist or not. It's not rocket science.
And they have good reason to hate them.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Than You View Post
And they have good reason to hate them.
Like what?

Old 01-12-2015, 09:39 AM

677 posts, read 504,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
It's not ALL Muslims, but it's ALWAYS a Muslim.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:48 AM

5,466 posts, read 2,310,732 times
There are countless good muslims. But the good muslims need to clean house of the radicals. Reform needs to come from within and until that happens the problem of Islamic fundamentalism will continue. There are encouraging signs that moderates are mobilizing to confront the problem. It will not be easy but al least steps are being taken.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:27 AM

7,624 posts, read 8,115,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I wonder why the terrorists didn't kill that fellow muslim for being in a Kosher market?

This is a postive story that we need to see more of. It shows that not all muslims are terrorists just like not all black people are looters. The bad guys are a small percentage. I believe that the majority of people just want to fit in, get a long in life and leave soemthing positive for their kids.

Good post and a Great quote:
Bathily appeared on BFMTV Saturday night to talk about the harrowing experience. When asked about his heroic acts, he replied, "We are brothers. It's not a question of Jews, of Christians or of Muslims. We're all in the same boat, we have to help each other to get out of this crisis."
Nobody is saying that all Muslims are terrorists. In fact, the vast majority are not. However, the vast majority of Muslims do have a certain degree of sympathy for these Islamic fundamentalists.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:33 AM

28,906 posts, read 45,202,743 times
You know, I'm kind of tired of the fawning knee-jerk coverage of this guy. It's insulting to Muslims and everybody else, chiefly because it says, "Hey! We found a Muslim who doesn't want to see Jews gunned down in a supermarket!" This guy did the right thing, something I suspect the large majority of us would have done in the same circumstances. So what the adulation does is actually hoist this guy up as the exception to the caricature of Muslim terrorism rather than the rule.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:03 AM

3,673 posts, read 3,253,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
That's great!

I wonder though.....would a muslim owned market hire a Jew?
I bet there are plenty of other Jews who wouldn't hire a Muslim. Let's take what we can get, and celebrate whatever we can find that's positive.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You know, I'm kind of tired of the fawning knee-jerk coverage of this guy. It's insulting to Muslims and everybody else, chiefly because it says, "Hey! We found a Muslim who doesn't want to see Jews gunned down in a supermarket!" This guy did the right thing, something I suspect the large majority of us would have done in the same circumstances. So what the adulation does is actually hoist this guy up as the exception to the caricature of Muslim terrorism rather than the rule.
I haven't noticed the fawning over this person. However, I can see why he would stand out & why people would want him to stand out, to let people know that no, not all muslims are evil. The people on this forum are exactly the type of people who need this drilled into their heads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or