U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 01:47 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,145,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If it was any other group there would be a major media debate about why. If in “reaction” to the killings at Charlie Hebdo the radical Left chose to publish anti-gay cartoons, everyone would wonder why.

If a radical Left newspaper, in the wake of Charlie Hebdo, encouraged publication of anti-black cartoons to “celebrate” free speech, we would think they were crazy.

But the world has become too inured to the murder of Jews. Too many on the radical Left and the Islamist extremists work together against the Jewish minority.

The media won’t discuss this; it has become “normal” for Jews to be targets, from Mumbai to Toulouse to Kansas and Paris, from Iran to wherever.
Four disturbing aspects of the
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 01:56 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,030,761 times
Actually Israel officially issued a notice quite sometime ago that French was not safe for Jews living there. France has for year had attacks on Jewish churches etc that French government has done little about. As to cartoons IMO; the one I saw were disgusting and altho not deserving to be murder the authors were clearly has British say a nasty piece of work. They were much like the drawings I saw on internet of Obama as a monkey. Both meant to push buttons and disgusting. Reminded one of nazis drawings portraying Jews in 30's.truth is France was a difficult ally in WWII and not uch of one in NATO after WWII to present if one searches their participation. in fact no European nations even comes close to required spending of 2% with UK closest to that. US spends 4%.

Last edited by texdav; 01-12-2015 at 02:11 PM..

Old 01-13-2015, 05:11 AM

The more that I see of these people from CH, the more it seems that they were actually trying to become left-wing martyrs. Getting gunned down in a brazen, public manner is a sure way to induce many people to swallow your version of social commentary and political ideologically. The problem is they didn't consider the fact that the attacks could have -- and did in this case -- result in the deaths of many other innocent people. Or they didn't care.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:16 AM

7,939 posts, read 3,932,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
Excellent article....contains so much truth!

Four disturbing aspects of the ‘Charlie Hebdo’ media narrative

2. The “small group of extremists” is one of the claims we often hear when it comes to explaining why we mustn’t ask too many questions about where those extremists come from, who they are, the milieu in which they fester, or the effect they have on society.

3. The news coverage of the massacre in Paris is characterized by a strange shift of focus from the actual victims to a larger “narrative.”

The “real” victims of Islamist terrorism are the actual victims of Islamist terrorism.

Four disturbing aspects of the

Another reason why Obama~ friend of the Muslim Brotherhood, will not allow 'Islamic Terrorists' to be called exactly what they are!

Old 01-13-2015, 07:20 AM

30,408 posts, read 9,092,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
The more that I see of these people from CH, the more it seems that they were actually trying to become left-wing martyrs. Getting gunned down in a brazen, public manner is a sure way to induce many people to swallow your version of social commentary and political ideologically. The problem is they didn't consider the fact that the attacks could have -- and did in this case -- result in the deaths of many other innocent people. Or they didn't care.
There is truth to what you say, but I'm not buying their commentary.

I'm the biggest bag of wind around here when it comes to pointing out that fanatical Muslims appear to be winning instead of the peaceful ones, so I am no apologist for Islam. Nor am I in any way even implying that any of those savage murders were deserved.

I did see those cartoons, and they were hateful and disgusting. Satire (not that only satirists have free speech) makes a point. These cartoons were nothing more than blasphemy. Taking something considered sacred, and treating it profanely, should be denounced by everyone. The response to the crucified Jesus in a jar of urine, and an exhibit featuring Mary surrounded by and smeared with elephant dung was outrage and a lot of letter-writing here in the U.S. That's what should have happened in France, too. Instead, people are marching for the right to blaspheme.

It boils down to that pesky conscience again which, for many, appears to have been tossed out with the Golden Rule. Laws should not restrict speech or conduct, but one's conscience and respect for others should, and decent people everywhere should say so.

Obviously, I am not Charlie.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:08 AM

6,795 posts, read 6,591,740 times
Don't a lot of the right wing say that Jews control the left-wing media....?

Old 01-13-2015, 10:42 AM

18,542 posts, read 13,683,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Thats like saying there a lot of Black people in the NBA. I'm waiting for more Jewish people to shift to the Right. It makes more sense.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:46 AM

18,542 posts, read 13,683,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
There is truth to what you say, but I'm not buying their commentary.

I'm the biggest bag of wind around here when it comes to pointing out that fanatical Muslims appear to be winning instead of the peaceful ones, so I am no apologist for Islam. Nor am I in any way even implying that any of those savage murders were deserved.

I did see those cartoons, and they were hateful and disgusting. Satire (not that only satirists have free speech) makes a point. These cartoons were nothing more than blasphemy. Taking something considered sacred, and treating it profanely, should be denounced by everyone. The response to the crucified Jesus in a jar of urine, and an exhibit featuring Mary surrounded by and smeared with elephant dung was outrage and a lot of letter-writing here in the U.S. That's what should have happened in France, too. Instead, people are marching for the right to blaspheme.

It boils down to that pesky conscience again which, for many, appears to have been tossed out with the Golden Rule. Laws should not restrict speech or conduct, but one's conscience and respect for others should, and decent people everywhere should say so.

Obviously, I am not Charlie.
"These cartoons were nothing more than blasphemy. Taking something considered sacred, and treating it profanely,"

If thats the case the same should apply to Satire surrounding Kim Jung. He is basically a God in his country, who are we to say he is not. God, Allah, Kim Jung are all the same.

Old 01-13-2015, 01:34 PM

Around here at least the media had become decidedly more pro-Islam in the last decade or so. After the attacks in Canada the media waited for about a day and then started to role out the "Islam is religion of peace" stories. Same thing happened - although they waited longer - after the Paris attacks as well. During Israel's recent war, the media coverage was blatantly pro-Palestinian (needless to say, Israel didn't make it difficult for the media to do so).

Quote:

Old 01-13-2015, 03:50 PM

30,408 posts, read 9,092,686 times
Quote:

Who knew that Jesse Jackson was a right-winger? The things you learn om these boards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or