U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 11:36 AM

5,314 posts, read 5,989,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I said nothing about 'personal defense'. I said IF YOU POINT A GUN AT SOMEONE.

Your best bet, in the wider topic of personal defense, is to do everything you can to keep from having to pull a gun in the first place and IMO, that includes not even owning a gun in the first place.
However, in the event my house is being broken into by armed intruders, I'd rather have a gun, and shoot to kill. Fortunately, I live in an extremely low crime area, where there hasn't been an incident above a noise disturbance in over a year, so I hope to never have to be in that situation. But you never know.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 11:42 AM

38,353 posts, read 15,373,194 times
^My advice, find a gun range and routinely practice with your heater(s).

Old 01-16-2015, 11:46 AM

5,314 posts, read 5,989,471 times
Quote:
^My advice, find a gun range and routinely practice with your heater(s).
There is no shortage of gun ranges in the Las Vegas valley LOL. That's very good advice.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:48 AM

10,869 posts, read 13,663,083 times
Quote:
Indeed. Anyone getting rock salt shells does not understand why you own a gun. In regards to the lawyer, he is doing what lawyers do. i.e. Telling you what to do or say to avoid getting questioned on a witness stand but in this case, and why I don't believe the story, he is suggesting killing someone after they are down which is against the law.. Horrible lawyer.

Re-read.

1) I considered buying rock salt loads. I'm an excellent shot and know what happens when you shoot something center mass with a 12-gauge. Rock salt will knock them down and keep them down long enough for the cops to clean up the mess.

2) Lawyer said, "Oh HELL no." Reasoning: merely wounding a home intruder sets the homeowner up for possible legal action by the intruder. Lawyer's advice: If someone has broken into your house and means to do you harm, shoot him dead, first shot. Perhaps more physical mess but much less legal mess that way.

And for that same reason, I wouldn't shoot an intruder with a taser. Intruders at Casa ScoopLV are getting a dirt nap for their troubles.

NOBODY IS SUGGESTING KILLING SOMEONE AFTER THEY ARE DOWN. Raiderman read it and comprehended it. Why can't you?

Old 01-16-2015, 01:45 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,238,710 times
Default Hooray!!!!!

Ted Nugent?????????? Great counterpoint! Good point ! Great Post!
Neeson?????? Neeson seems the smarter of the two. Nugent seems a nutcase.I would never accept Nugent the Rock and Roller seriously about any issue any more than I would Bob Seeger. Are you serious?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
They do act, hence why they're actors. Why are they not allowed to voice their opinions on certain matters? They are after all human beings like the rest of us with the ability to speak. Look at Ted Nugent, I don't see cons exclaiming that he should shut his mouth & just play music. I wonder why that is?

Old 01-16-2015, 01:47 PM

12,089 posts, read 5,616,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
Ted Nugent?????????? Great counterpoint! Good point ! Great Post!
Neeson?????? Neeson seems the smarter of the two. Nugent seems a nutcase.I would never accept Nugent the Rock and Roller seriously about any issue any more than I would Bob Seeger. Are you serious?
Am I serious about what?

Old 01-16-2015, 02:08 PM

16,416 posts, read 27,973,592 times
Quote:
I said nothing about 'personal defense'. I said IF YOU POINT A GUN AT SOMEONE.

Your best bet, in the wider topic of personal defense, is to do everything you can to keep from having to pull a gun in the first place and IMO, that includes not even owning a gun in the first place.
What? How come that wise counsel does not apply to George Zimmerman in your eyes?

Old 01-16-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Re-read.

1) I considered buying rock salt loads. I'm an excellent shot and know what happens when you shoot something center mass with a 12-gauge. Rock salt will knock them down and keep them down long enough for the cops to clean up the mess.

2) Lawyer said, "Oh HELL no." Reasoning: merely wounding a home intruder sets the homeowner up for possible legal action by the intruder. Lawyer's advice: If someone has broken into your house and means to do you harm, shoot him dead, first shot. Perhaps more physical mess but much less legal mess that way.

And for that same reason, I wouldn't shoot an intruder with a taser. Intruders at Casa ScoopLV are getting a dirt nap for their troubles.

NOBODY IS SUGGESTING KILLING SOMEONE AFTER THEY ARE DOWN. Raiderman read it and comprehended it. Why can't you?
You're being very patient with your explanations, but you're wasting your time.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:11 PM

38,353 posts, read 15,373,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
What? How come that wise counsel does not apply to George Zimmerman in your eyes?
But he lit up Martin with his gun. Seems like he understood it quite well.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
But he lit up Martin with his gun. Seems like he understood it quite well.
LMAO! You cannot even remember.comprehend what you said a few posts ago. This is hilarious!

Your exact words:

How the heck does that apply to GZ? Instead of listening to the police dispatcher to STAY IN HIS CAR AND DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONFRONT TM, he got out and followed TM instead of staying put ("do everything you can to keep from having to pull a gun in the first place") and he owned, and furthermore, carried guns while out in public ("that includes not even owning a gun in the first place").

I also like your use of the words "heaters" and "lit up." Were you a young man in Al Capone's heyday?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events