U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 12:19 PM

5,120 posts, read 3,636,143 times

Advertisements

Good for Liam! I agree.

For all of you who are yapping about him with guns in his movies, that's all they are MOVIES, MAKE BELIEVE, FAKE, PHONEY, SHOWBIZ, HOLLYWOOD STUFF. Real guns kill real people in the wrong hands.

And it ISN'T A GOD GIVEN right to protect yourself with a gun. That's a US thing. Nothing to do with God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 12:26 PM

2,181 posts, read 2,035,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Good for Liam! I agree.

For all of you who are yapping about him with guns in his movies, that's all they are MOVIES, MAKE BELIEVE, FAKE, PHONEY, SHOWBIZ, HOLLYWOOD STUFF. Real guns kill real people in the wrong hands.

And it ISN'T A GOD GIVEN right to protect yourself with a gun. That's a US thing. Nothing to do with God.
It's a God given right to defend yourself with equal force as your attacker. Free people should have that right. It is not okay for a government to disarm it's law abiding, contributing citizens when criminals don't follow bans and can acquire guns no matter what the legality of them is.

In such a instance, the Government is siding with the criminals. It's giving them an advantage. That is seriously messed up. The only thing more messed up is the number of ignorant citizens who agree with it.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:33 PM

12,043 posts, read 5,595,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
It's a God given right to defend yourself with equal force as your attacker. Free people should have that right. It is not okay for a government to disarm it's law abiding, contributing citizens when criminals don't follow bans and can acquire guns no matter what the legality of them is.

In such a instance, the Government is siding with the criminals. It's giving them an advantage. That is seriously messed up. The only thing more messed up is the number of ignorant citizens who agree with it.
No, god didn't write the constitution, humans did. And you can relax, no one is coming for your guns.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No, god didn't write the constitution, humans did. And you can relax, no one is coming for your guns.
sigh. It's a figure of speech, it means it's a inherent, inborn right of free people.

I know no one is coming for my guns (or more accurately, I know no one will succeed in getting my guns). It's one of many reasons I live in the U.S.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
sigh. It's a figure of speech, it means it's a inherent, inborn right of free people.

I know no one is coming for my guns (or more accurately, I know no one will succeed in getting my guns). It's one of many reasons I live in the U.S.
Well then why did you mention it's not right for government to disarm citizens. It reads as if you do believe that is happening.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Well then why did you mention it's not right for government to disarm citizens. It reads as if you do believe that is happening.
You really need to pick up a history book, once you do you will realize why governments disarming populations is a serious issue not to be taken lightly.

It's not right for governments to disarm the population because it directly interferes with their inherent right to defend themselves with equal force as that which their attackers possess. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight, basically.

Also, there are a handful of politicians in office who want to see citizens disarmed to some degree or another. It just won't ever be the majority, but there is no doubt that a percentage of the population and politicians in office want to tear apart the 2nd amendment.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:09 PM

2,852 posts, read 2,848,614 times
Quote:
Like in California, NYC, NYS, DC, etc? Yep, no one took anyone's guns or forced them to get rid of the firearms. Nope. Never.

If your going to come into a conversation at least spend all of 5 minutes to educate yourself instead of spewing MSM and democrat talking points.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
You really need to pick up a history book, once you do you will realize why governments disarming populations is a serious issue not to be taken lightly.

It's not right for governments to disarm the population because it directly interferes with their inherent right to defend themselves with equal force as that which their attackers possess. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight, basically.

Also, there are a handful of politicians in office who want to see citizens disarmed to some degree or another. It just won't ever be the majority, but there is no doubt that a percentage of the population and politicians in office want to tear apart the 2nd amendment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Like in California, NYC, NYS, DC, etc? Yep, no one took anyone's guns or forced them to get rid of the firearms. Nope. Never.

If your going to come into a conversation at least spend all of 5 minutes to educate yourself instead of spewing MSM and democrat talking points.
It's interesting how some of you can't help but post snotty remarks. I have an idea: take a deep breath & calm yourself. Now, who is taking your guns away?

Old 01-20-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post

lol, yep. I know lots of people in NYS who straight up ignored the law changes. They aren't giving up their guns, and no agency is dumb enough to go door to door to try and take them. Would be like cornering a large pack of lions and trying to rip their teeth out.

It's just a stupid idea, NYS basically made criminals out of a large percentage of its previously law abiding population because they rightfully refuse to give a sizable advantage to people who wish to do them harm (like criminals, who, for the millionth time, don't. follow. laws). What's the point? It's moronic.

Last edited by tofur; 01-20-2015 at 01:24 PM..

Old 01-20-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
It's interesting how some of you can't help but post snotty remarks. I have an idea: take a deep breath & calm yourself. Now, who is taking your guns away?
Did you even read what was written? Maybe that's why you're getting snotty remarks, you aren't engaging in a proper conversation. You're ignoring the points you have no rebuttal to and keep asking/saying the same crap over and over even though we've given you the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events