Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 10:17 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,984,345 times

Advertisements

Very cute dog, but the owner is an idiot. The dog should be on a leash and in his control. This clown would probably let a very young child wander on ahead too. It wouldn't be so funny if the dog accidently was struck by a car, spooked and ran off, or came upon a mean person that hated dogs.

Mike you sound like a dog hater to me. I believe dogs should be on a leash for their own protection as much as anything else. How many dogs have you owned? I've had a huge Rottie, a couple Pit Bulls, several Pit mixes, a couple Chow and a Husky, as well as an assortment of others in the last 30 years, none were biters. So stop this paranoia trip.

Last edited by todd00; 01-13-2015 at 10:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 10:30 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,396,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Very cute dog, but the owner is an idiot. The dog should be on a leash and in his control. This clown would probably let a very young child wander on ahead too. It wouldn't be so funny if the dog accidently was struck by a car, spooked and ran off, or came upon a mean person that hated dogs.

Mike you sound like a dog hater to me. I believe dogs should be on a leash for their own protection as much as anything else. How many dogs have you owned? I've had a huge Rottie, a couple Pit Bulls, several Pit mixes, a couple Chow and a Husky, as well as an assortment of others in the last 30 years, none were biters. So stop this paranoia trip.
I'm a HATER OF IDIOTIC DOG OWNERS THAT VALUE DOGS OVER PEOPLE

I'm no more a "dog hater" than a person who understands they're an unpredictable predator that can and DO attack people and unfortunately almost anyone can get one unlike other dangerous predators where you need a zoological permit.

So dogs should only be on a leash for their own protection. Not for everyone else? Screw people/children anyone else at a park for example? Typical idiot dog owner who doesn't care about anyone else but himself and values dogs over people.

Paranoia or facts
U.S. Dog Bite Statistics - DogsBite.org

"In 2008, about 316,200 ED visits involved a dog bite, a rate of 103.9 visits per 100,000 population. Approximately 9,500 hospital stays involved a dog bite, a rate of 3.1 stays per 100,000 population.

The combination of molosser breeds, including pit bulls, curs, rottweilers, presa canarios, cane corsos, mastiffs, dogo argentinos, fila brasieros, sharpeis, boxers, and their mixes, inflict:
81% of attacks that induce bodily harm
76% of attacks to children
87% of attack to adults
72% of attacks that result in fatalities
81% that result in maiming
Embody 9.2%+ of the total dog population
Discussion notes:
Even if the pit bull category was "split four ways," attacks by pit bulls and their closest relatives would still outnumber attacks by any other breed.
Pit bulls are noteworthy for attacking adults almost as frequently as children. This is a very rare pattern, only seen elsewhere in the bullmastiff/presa canario line.
If a pit bull or rottweiler has a bad moment, instead of being bitten, often someone is maimed or killed; that has now created off-the-chart actuarial risk."

You can't let your own sicko emotions over dogs and love of dogs over people overwhelm the facts

Last edited by mikelizard860; 01-13-2015 at 10:43 PM..

Old 01-13-2015, 10:36 PM

Again, why should I and others be at risk of injury because you can't be bothered to leash your dog? No real good answer for that. Saying a dog is "cute" is irrelevant. Majority of dog owners can't control their dogs. How many times do you see someone calling their dog and it comes when it feels like it? I don't need a leash, "my dog doesn't bite" Famous last words before a bite.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:45 PM

If a dog is off leash and attacks someone(common) then I see you same people on here blaming the victim. It's amazing. It's NEVER the dogs or the owner's fault.

If your dog is off leash and attacks someone for no reason, are you(the dog owner) at fault? If you answer yes to that, then why would you not support a leash law. Seems like you're putting both your dog and the general public at a totally unnecessary risk. There's dog parks everywhere. Run them off leash there.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:50 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,626,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
Amen!!

Many years ago, I flew my cat from Houston to St. Louis.... I knew she would be nervous, so I had the vet give us some kitty valium and she was just fine once it took effect....
Your cat needed that valium because she knew she was going to St.Louis, probably read about the high crime rate here.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:58 PM

510 posts, read 609,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
I posted in the Seattle forum, asking if this is really true, but haven't heard from anyone. Even if the dog was on a leash with its owner, doesn't seem like dogs would be allowed to ride the bus. Very cool and I would enjoy riding next to this dog--but some other dogs (including my neighbor's nipping/biting bichon), not so much!
I live in Seattle and of course dogs are allowed to ride the bus. They are required to be caged or leashed, however, as legally all dogs in public places are required to be, but in the end I guess it is up to the bus driver or other authority figure to judge if the dog is being a nuisance or not. The bus driver may also require the dog and the owner to exit the bus if the dog is causing a problem (obviously this dog was not).

Seattle is extremely dog friendly. I work in an office and there are many dogs running around on my floor all day. Most people do not drive to my work (I work downtown, parking is difficult), so I am sure many of those dogs ride the bus to work too.

And yes, this story is true. That dog park is just two blocks over my work and I sometimes ride that bus to work and have seen dogs on the bus (not sure if I have seen that one).

Old 01-14-2015, 03:58 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Seattle dog rides bus to dog park alone | News - Home

Lab-mastiff mix rides bus alone.

So I guess we have no leash laws now?

And letting dogs roam is completely legal?

And we wonder why we have all these bite/attacks that occur. Is this not a lawsuit waiting to happen against the bus company if the dog attacks someone? What about other people that let their dogs roam? Why is this allowed. We are so crazy as a society that we actually look at this as a positive. So many things that could go wrong here and completely irresponsible behavior. Yes, dog is smart for a dog. So what. That's not the point. Totally idiotic behavior by the owner

So a dog rode a bus, big deal. It didn't misbehave. OP, get yer panties out of a wad.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:38 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,123,810 times
Judging by the comments here I would much rather sit next to a cat, dog, or screeming kid then a lot of you.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:44 AM

1,623 posts, read 1,723,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Seattle dog rides bus to dog park alone | News - Home

Lab-mastiff mix rides bus alone.

So I guess we have no leash laws now?

And letting dogs roam is completely legal?

And we wonder why we have all these bite/attacks that occur. Is this not a lawsuit waiting to happen against the bus company if the dog attacks someone? What about other people that let their dogs roam? Why is this allowed. We are so crazy as a society that we actually look at this as a positive. So many things that could go wrong here and completely irresponsible behavior. Yes, dog is smart for a dog. So what. That's not the point. Totally idiotic behavior by the owner

I wouldn't let my dog do it, but, you are clearly getting upset over nothing. Dogs don't attack people as much as you would like to believe and get some therapy for your fear of dogs.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:53 AM

1,623 posts, read 1,723,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Your cat needed that valium because she knew she was going to St.Louis, probably read about the high crime rate here.
That or the "dog bite epidemic" as the OP is announcing. I'm sure it is going to reach pandemic soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events