Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 04:06 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,454,646 times

Advertisements

Maybe I'm not that smart but that Headline is odd. Or maybe I don't understand the word shutter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 04:30 PM

17,478 posts, read 15,059,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Maybe I'm not that smart but that Headline is odd. Or maybe I don't understand the word shutter?
Never heard of shutters on the windows?

Basically, it means they're closing them down. Not changing the concept, not selling them to someone else. Putting boards up on the windows and abandoning them.

Doesn't mean they won't try to sell the buildings.. But.. Good luck with that.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:35 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,903,005 times
I'm not a fan of Target. I used to shop there, but it's basically just a more expensive Walmart. Canada is not simply America's northerly neighbor; it's an entirely different culture, and it appears Target's powers that be failed to recognize that. Major FAIL, Target.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:54 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,106,857 times
Judging by the number of border jumpers from Canada shopping in Fargo and Grand Forks something tells me it’s the value added tax and bagged milk.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:57 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,507,890 times
Target is one of my favorite stores too Suburban_Guy
That's to bad.
It's a different country, different game, different customer base.
I'm sure Other stores have done so too and failed.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:27 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,274,199 times
I like a lot of the items Target carries and their lines are in a price range attractive to me. HOWEVER, I would agree that the chain shows serious signs of mismanagement. At the Targets nearest to me, the shelves are often understocked. I sometimes have to wait weeks for something I buy regularly to re-appear on the shelves when it sells out. Particularly the Up and Up products, which are their in-house line! Poor delivery? Not enough stock workers? Who knows.

These same stores often advertise items they don't have, have prices mis-marked on their shelves, the website has misinformation on it ... dumb things like that. Then there's the hacking situation last year, which would have been bad enough but was exacerbated by very poor handling of it. That whole thing abominable.

I hope the new management is able to turn this thing around.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:28 PM

6,542 posts, read 6,696,903 times
What a mess for Target. Same problem for Walmart in Germany where they had to leave the country & sell off all their stores. You need to understand the culture.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:30 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,975,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Judging by the number of border jumpers from Canada shopping in Fargo and Grand Forks something tells me it’s the value added tax and bagged milk.
I try to avoid our superTarget in Grand Forks over the weekends.... it is called Winnipeg South. But the Canadians visiting are great for area hotels.... though with the stronger USD it will cut into cross border traffic a little bit. But still even with lower exchange rates, prices and taxes are still a lot lower and worth the effort. You should see them stock up at Menard's....all the lumber and supplies....all headed back north.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:32 PM

17,478 posts, read 15,059,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'm not a fan of Target. I used to shop there, but it's basically just a more expensive Walmart.
I look at it that way, too.. But.. I do have to admit.. They generally, because the prices are slightly higher, attract a higher class clientele.

After all, you don't see a peopleoftarget website as popular as peopleofwalmart

Old 01-15-2015, 08:34 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,975,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I look at it that way, too.. But.. I do have to admit.. They generally, because the prices are slightly higher, attract a higher class clientele.

After all, you don't see a peopleoftarget website as popular as peopleofwalmart
We love our superTarget and do find grocery items very competitive. We avoid our local superWalmart as it needs to be bulldozed and re-built. Just not clean and taken care of....vs the Target we have is very clean and folks very nice and helpful. All comes down to local managers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events