U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-24-2015, 04:10 AM
 
4,243 posts, read 3,314,089 times
Reputation: 7112

Advertisements

I read that these are Japanese right-wing media journalists who were acting as semi-envoys planning on engaging ISIL to send terrorists into China to destabilize its western Xinjiang region. Lots of dirty things seem to be happening under the table. Who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-24-2015, 12:14 PM
 
Location: NYC
11,824 posts, read 7,699,774 times
Reputation: 12814
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
I read that these are Japanese right-wing media journalists who were acting as semi-envoys planning on engaging ISIL to send terrorists into China to destabilize its western Xinjiang region. Lots of dirty things seem to be happening under the table. Who knows.
Bogus, there are already terrorists in Western China doing this without needing middle eastern ones. In China, if you don't look like a local you be picked out by authorities and rounded up. Unlike the "soft" US where you have to accommodate people of all ethnic and race. China has a very hard stance, when they suspect you of terrorism they don't need a warrant to arrest you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 09:08 PM
 
6,999 posts, read 6,635,326 times
Reputation: 5274
Yukawa sounds like someone who was running out of chances to do well and took this as a chance to establish himself in a business no one else would do because of the extremely high risk. He also had the infatuation with things military.

Newsmaker of the day: Haruna Yukawa - Macleans.ca

A similar example from the other side of the tracks would be the small time criminal in Ottowa who was prevented from going to Syria by the government and went on a shooting rampage, a suicide by police some might call it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 10:14 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
2,266 posts, read 1,373,676 times
Reputation: 3731
Yukawa does indeed sound like a desperate character, a man who had run out of options and decided to take a chance in the morass of Syria - there are rumors he was killed long ago. Goto apparently is a credible, respected freelance journo who this time pushed his luck.
On an tangent, and I've said this before - since so-called IS/Daesh are enamored with using online media, why isn't it pointed out, time and time again, that to do so, is an abject failure - since the tools are the creations of the infidels. For some young recruits there's a apparent glamor to be had with joining the Islamists - but if it were continually reiterated that every time they use a mobile phone, they fail, or a Japanese pickup truck, they fail, or a computer or network created in Silicon Valley, they fail, it might help to undermine their 'credibility'. (What kind of 'army' is so dependent on the enemy?) Some, probably many, would be too obtuse to see it, but others might get it. A simple fundamental tactic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 11:56 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
20,968 posts, read 15,285,903 times
Reputation: 23743
Now they want a female prisoner released after beheading one of the Japanese.

ISIS' Demand for Release of Sajida al-Rishawi Seen as Propaganda Ploy - NBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2015, 08:08 AM
 
6,999 posts, read 6,635,326 times
Reputation: 5274
There's a lot of propaganda associated with both ISIS and ISIL. It's difficult to dig through what's factual, what's propaganda, and what's just false. The media seems to be creating some intentionally false news releases to build up ISIS. There are also a lot of rebel groups that are using the ISIS and ISIL. I remember in the early days of ISIL reading about the uprising against the Iraq government having been planned and arranged over a period of 2 years up to June 2014. One group was led by former members of Saddam's military. There may have been as many as 20 groups involved in the uprising. One advantage of having a lot of disconnected groups with similar agendas is that they can't be defeated easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2015, 08:18 AM
 
11,378 posts, read 6,428,699 times
Reputation: 6122
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Yukawa does indeed sound like a desperate character, a man who had run out of options and decided to take a chance in the morass of Syria - there are rumors he was killed long ago. Goto apparently is a credible, respected freelance journo who this time pushed his luck.
On an tangent, and I've said this before - since so-called IS/Daesh are enamored with using online media, why isn't it pointed out, time and time again, that to do so, is an abject failure - since the tools are the creations of the infidels. For some young recruits there's a apparent glamor to be had with joining the Islamists - but if it were continually reiterated that every time they use a mobile phone, they fail, or a Japanese pickup truck, they fail, or a computer or network created in Silicon Valley, they fail, it might help to undermine their 'credibility'. (What kind of 'army' is so dependent on the enemy?) Some, probably many, would be too obtuse to see it, but others might get it. A simple fundamental tactic.
Perhaps they feel as though the ends justify the means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2015, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
20,344 posts, read 20,428,723 times
Reputation: 31588
I wonder why isil would want to trade for an incompetent suicide bomber?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 02:54 AM
 
Location: San Francisco
2,266 posts, read 1,373,676 times
Reputation: 3731
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Perhaps they feel as though the ends justify the means.
No doubt they do, they're not sophisticated to work out that if their god is so great they wouldn't depend on the devil's tools. Having said that I reckon some, at least on a subliminal level get it, no wonder they're raging. What might have passed muster in the 7th century Arabian desert is solely for children in the early 21st century.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2015, 03:31 AM
 
4,243 posts, read 3,314,089 times
Reputation: 7112
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
No doubt they do, they're not sophisticated to work out that if their god is so great they wouldn't depend on the devil's tools. Having said that I reckon some, at least on a subliminal level get it, no wonder they're raging. What might have passed muster in the 7th century Arabian desert is solely for children in the early 21st century.
No, you mean for raging lunatics and psychopaths in the 21sr century.....even kids can see through the idiocy of religious garbage that preaches hate and killing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top