U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2015, 09:33 PM

44,667 posts, read 43,206,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnw2016 View Post
The size of the turn-out, with arsonists and looters coming from all over the country, gives us a great insight as to the values that are so commonly held by so many members of that community. Virtually, every other culture in the world takes a very dim view of criminality. So, yeah..., I'd say they have some issues...
Or maybe it says something about the number of persons who happen to belong to the underclass. Those who are not part of the underclass do what they can not to associate with their behaviors.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 01:41 AM

7,304 posts, read 3,983,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
How embarrassing for race hustlers Sharpton, Obama, and Holder. They were so cocksure that Officer Darren Wilson was guilty of something, but not even they could deny the facts of the case.

'Civil rights leaders' need to stop elevating thugs such as Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin into hero status. Mainstream America [and the rest of the world] can't take them seriously when they do that.
Sharpton doesn't really care how these things turn out.
He got what he wanted out of it. If he loses, he still wins.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Sharpton doesn't really care how these things turn out.
He got what he wanted out of it. If he loses, he still wins.
I'm not even paying much attention to Al Sharpton in the first place.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:57 PM

9,125 posts, read 5,684,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
None. Officer cleared.

As it should be !

Old 01-30-2015, 06:09 PM

7,022 posts, read 5,782,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Or maybe it says something about the number of persons who happen to belong to the underclass. Those who are not part of the underclass do what they can not to associate with their behaviors.
Have you ever wondered why other underclasses, such as poor white Appalachians or poor Asian/Hispanic immigrants, don't act like this?

Old 01-31-2015, 07:25 AM

4,664 posts, read 3,037,965 times
Quote:
Have you ever wondered why other underclasses, such as poor white Appalachians or poor Asian/Hispanic immigrants, don't act like this?
I wonder why despite passage of the CR Act and subsequent preferential treatment labeled as "affirmative action," crime rates, STD, and out of wedlock/single parent rates are worse today than during Jim Crow when there was oppression.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:07 AM

467 posts, read 352,814 times
It was big news here in the UK and we were shown the series of events from the time Mr Brown was threatening the store owner right to the time the officer approached Mr Brown. The thing that struck me was the size of Mr Brown against the tiny officer and there definitely was something in Mr Brown's hand but because it was moving so quickly I could not say whether or not it was a gun but it certainly looked the right shape. Don't know whether you guys saw uncensored news, can't even remember which channel it was on, I think it was on Arise.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:30 AM

5,281 posts, read 4,799,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin1313 View Post
It was big news here in the UK and we were shown the series of events from the time Mr Brown was threatening the store owner right to the time the officer approached Mr Brown.
There was video in the store, but there's no video of the encounter between Brown and Wilson, or Brown and any other cop.

Quote:
The thing that struck me was the size of Mr Brown against the tiny officer
Tiny officer? You mean the tiny store clerk?

Quote:
and there definitely was something in Mr Brown's hand but because it was moving so quickly I could not say whether or not it was a gun but it certainly looked the right shape. Don't know whether you guys saw uncensored news, can't even remember which channel it was on, I think it was on Arise.
He was holding the cigars that he'd stolen from the store.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Really?

Kentucky Murder Rate | Kentucky homicide rates outdo those of major cities - Baltimore Sun

https://pointsadhsblog.wordpress.com...he-late-1990s/

MS-13 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Menace of Destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Asian Boyz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tiny Rascal gang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nuestra Familia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdFLfTt9bTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXkq_IuMXa8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2KCMsc29AY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFGvPnvhXUU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjhWQYKtrL8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y4aXfBxLh8

BTW, Diane Sawyer's "Children Of The Mountains" documentary has some stuff you might want to look at: drugs, incest, theft,

And one reason Appalachia isn't more violent, I would probably point to the fact that it's a rural area. More spread out, more space. Consider this. Mississippi has one of the lowest Black murder rates in the USA. Most of the Black population is a rural-dwelling population. Missouri, which has half as many Blacks and a lower percentage of Blacks, has a much higher Black murder rate. Majority of Missouri's Black population is city-dwelling, in very violent cities.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
I wonder why despite passage of the CR Act and subsequent preferential treatment labeled as "affirmative action," crime rates, STD, and out of wedlock/single parent rates are worse today than during Jim Crow when there was oppression.
1) Crime rates have been on the decline over the last 20 years.
2) Two major peaks in the USA's crime rate came
a) 1920s, during Prohibition
b) Drug War era of the 1980s-early 1990s.
3) Out of wedlock births rates/single parent rates have been on the rise for years. And Blacks have historically had the highest out of wedlock birth rates/single parent rates going back to the days of Jim Crow, so to be perfectly honest, Blacks have been on the bottom from day one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or