Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 10:30 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
so because you are a homo terrorist supporter all Jews who refuse to abandon Judaism and embrace homosexuality should be forbidden from selling a wedding cake. This is equivalent to middle ages Christians banning Jews from certain professions because they refused to abandon Judaism and embrace Christianity.

anyone who supports gay rights (forcing jews to violate Judaism) is a antisemite.

gay rights supporters are all bigots.
Oh jeez. Just stop it. This thread isn't about YOU.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:42 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
Again you are conflating "sexual orientation" of the customer with the purpose of the cake - to celebrate a same-sex "marriage." There is no allegations that the baker refused to sell to the customer based on "sexual orientation". How do you know that the baker ever refused to bake birthday cakes or sell bakery goods to anyone due to their "sexual orientation"??

There is a similar issue going on in WA State where a florist declined to provide flowers for a customer's same sex "marriage" ceremony. The customer had purchased flowers at the shop for over 9 years and the owner also employed gay/lesbian workers. The issue had to do with violation of the owner's religious freedom and nothing to do with the customer's activities in the bedroom.

Why should the baker or this florist be forced to choose between their constitutional right to freely exercise their religious beliefs or earning a livelihood, when the customer only has to choose a different baker or florist?
Again. The baker sold wedding cakes. By doing so he has to sell wedding cakes to anyone who comes in his store.

It's really simple. If you can not sell a product to everyone, then do not offer that produce for sale.

Religious beliefs do not trump generally applicable laws. If they did then no law would ever be binding on anyone since anyone can claim anything to be a religious belief.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:46 AM

685 posts, read 720,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Just another gay what about me agenda
Huh? This makes no sense.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
If I was a baker
I would never bake a cake for a same sex "wedding" even if both parties are not gay (eg. they're doing it just for immigration purposes).
I could bake a cake for birthday party for a gay person.

lgbt rights = bigotry
I'm a NY Jew, too, and gay. Your comment screams ignorance. Equal rights do not equal bigotry.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
If I was a baker
I would never bake a cake for a same sex "wedding" even if both parties are not gay (eg. they're doing it just for immigration purposes).
I could bake a cake for birthday party for a gay person.

lgbt rights = bigotry
I'm a NY gay Jew. Your response succinctly spews your own ignorance and bigotry.
Oy. Lets get this correct equal rights = equal rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events