U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 04:48 PM

2,868 posts, read 2,860,830 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or do the masses really care more about the PSI of a football then what the President had to say?

As I went into in one of my distant previous rants, ask people today who their state representative or governor is and they can't tell you. Ask them who won the last election and they are dumbfounded. Ask them if the latest bill passed and they scratch their head. But ask them to name the starting lineup of their favorite football team and they can wing the names off the top off their head.... Oh, and by the way. A slightly deflated ball works just as well for the opposing team, when they get control of it, as it does for the team that allegedly deflated it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 05:05 PM

5,445 posts, read 4,445,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post

Oh, and by the way. A slightly deflated ball works just as well for the opposing team, when they get control of it, as it does for the team that allegedly deflated it.
I agree with what you said, except this. As stated earlier, the ball is swapped out with a ball brought by the other team. The only time the deflated ball would be in the hands of another team would be through a fumble or an interception.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:24 PM

11,107 posts, read 9,106,892 times
Also note that, depending on the quarterback and the size of his hands and grip strength, one will most likely benefit more than the other.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:24 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,936,178 times
Are tires filled with nitrogen an advantage on the race track? Some itthink to be. It was a controversy surrounding Jeff Gordon's winning in the 90's. Was it cheating?

What if NE filled footballs with nitrogen, is it cheating?

Today, many tire stores offer nitrogen at a premium cost.
Common air is comprised mostly of nitrogen.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:30 PM

6,317 posts, read 4,476,692 times
As someone who lives in New England and doesn't give a F about sports, i am shaking my head at the irony of the responses in this thread.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:31 PM

19,965 posts, read 8,367,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I just watched Bill Belichick, the head coach of the New England Patriots, deliver his explanation of what has become to be known as "Deflategate".

I can't help but think and compare all the hoopla over this scandal to the Presidents State of the Union Speech the other night and the media coverage or lack of for both.

Is it just me or do the masses really care more about the PSI of a football then what the President had to say?

Or is it that both Belichick and Obama should be hooked up to lie detectors??
You can't help but compare?? Seriously?

Sorry, but this post is one huge non sequitur that encompasses no logic whatsoever and makes absolutely no sense at all. Can't Obama haters discuss any subject at all without tainting it with negative political opinions?

It's football!!

Old 01-22-2015, 07:00 PM

19,317 posts, read 20,243,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Are tires filled with nitrogen an advantage on the race track? Some itthink to be. It was a controversy surrounding Jeff Gordon's winning in the 90's. Was it cheating?

What if NE filled footballs with nitrogen, is it cheating?

Today, many tire stores offer nitrogen at a premium cost.
Common air is comprised mostly of nitrogen.
I think the NFL ought to experiment with inflating their footballs with nitrous oxide.

Then we could have the Chickasaw Chucklers taking on the Brockton Bellylaughs in the Giggle Bowl.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:12 PM

6,704 posts, read 4,209,893 times
Patriots vs. The President?

What's the spread?

Old 01-22-2015, 08:01 PM

16,607 posts, read 17,760,626 times
[quote=Ghengis;38125610]missed the President's speech but I am interested in his thoughts on deflategate[/QUOTE

The speech went something like this

We're a great country, the economy in U.S. doing great, we need to offer more free stuff paid by others. Housing and employment is up. Thank you. Good night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Patriots vs. The President?

What's the spread?
7 points or QE 8

Old 01-22-2015, 09:19 PM

3,039 posts, read 3,240,760 times
There's a lot more important concerns in this country than deflated balls!!

Wait for it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events