U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 01:00 PM

38,672 posts, read 15,535,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
....and Obama should be hooked up to lie detectors??
This would be like taking a bucket of sand to the beach. You would just ruin a perfectly good lie detector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 03:45 PM

2,085 posts, read 1,837,064 times
Quote:
I just watched Bill Belichick, the head coach of the New England Patriots, deliver his explanation of what has become to be known as "Deflategate".

I can't help but think and compare all the hoopla over this scandal to the Presidents State of the Union Speech the other night and the media coverage or lack of for both.

Is it just me or do the masses really care more about the PSI of a football then what the President had to say?

Or is it that both Belichick and Obama should be hooked up to lie detectors??
Belicheat's explanation was more of a nondescript mumbling than anything.

POTUS speeches are a waste anyway, since we all know what he sounds like without his teleprompter.

Yes, the masses care more about football. It is entertaining while the politics are simply lies we have grown to hate.

Lie detectors are for when we think there is a question about whether someone is lying. No questions here.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:02 PM

22,823 posts, read 28,709,898 times
Quote:
then what the President had to say?
even if you care about politics, the state of the union is a waste of time. just a bunch of meaningless statements and a lot of applause.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:04 PM

11,103 posts, read 9,086,341 times
The worst part is that even if we have video evidence of Tom Brady sticking a needle in the balls and deflating them they would just get a fine and lose draft picks. I think they should forfeit the win and not go to the Super Bowl!

Old 01-23-2015, 04:57 PM

21,164 posts, read 15,317,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
I think the more relevant question is which one more directly affects our daily lives and livelihoods.
Well.
In a country where more people can rattle off the starting line-up and pertinent stats for their favorite team vs. the names of the Supreme Court Justices, it seems pretty clear which has more impact.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:33 PM

21,594 posts, read 18,237,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I'm sure this will be the blame, but then why weren't the Colts balls deflated? lol, I actually chuckled out loud typing that.
Chuckle, chuckle...that's what started all this.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:44 PM

19,923 posts, read 8,335,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
There's a lot more important concerns in this country than deflated balls!!
Wait for it...
...Ok, here you go--deflated balls?--you must be describing the GOP after all the good economic news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events