U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 02:24 PM

11,210 posts, read 8,347,320 times

Advertisements

Keep guns locked, especially when there's a child in the vicinity. Moron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 02:27 PM

22,388 posts, read 11,525,123 times
It could have been suicide. Not sure why everyone is so quick to conclude accident, not suicide, in deaths of young children. 2 year olds face a lot of stress nowadays.

Old 01-24-2015, 02:45 PM

2,004 posts, read 1,200,245 times
Keep your Ferrets locked up as well. In Philadelphia, three pet Ferrets mauled a 1 month old baby. Blame the Ferrets or the parents? Blame the guns or the people who break laws using them? Luckily, the Mother heard the baby screaming or that baby would now be dead. As it is, the baby will be disfigured for life.

Old 01-24-2015, 03:19 PM

318 posts, read 415,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post

It could have been suicide. Not sure why everyone is so quick to conclude accident, not suicide, in deaths of young children. 2 year olds face a lot of stress nowadays.

.... And the good your words do in the face of such a preventable tragedy? In my 60+ years, never has any 2 year old ever been observed to be wishing their life to be through, even severely abused ones (have already seen more than enough my lifetime).You must be one of the 4%.
.... The youngest, plausible suicides are 6 years old, many of them being questionable so far as circumstances as well as if the child really understood the results are permanent.

.... Am also doubting charges will be filed though the negligence is heartbreaking. My sense is that ones could not possibly be punished any greater than the loss they must deal with for the duration of their lives. No words could possibly capture the depth of such a event nor any greater punishment fitting.

Last edited by SandHills; 01-24-2015 at 04:08 PM..

Old 01-24-2015, 06:05 PM

12,664 posts, read 9,904,693 times
Can the parents not be charged with negligent homicide?

Old 01-24-2015, 06:17 PM

15,121 posts, read 13,355,292 times
If the parents in this case should be charged with negligent homicide, why shouldn't the parents of children who die in back yard pools be charged with the same thing?

Old 01-24-2015, 07:06 PM

2,004 posts, read 1,200,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
If the parents in this case should be charged with negligent homicide, why shouldn't the parents of children who die in back yard pools be charged with the same thing?
Exactly! How about the kids who ride quads and break their necks too? What is it that any time a gun is involved the hoards come out demanding punishments in these cases yet remain so silent when any other causes of children's deaths are involved?

Old 01-24-2015, 09:54 PM

318 posts, read 415,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

.... Got me thinking then researching, Annie53, & found this among others:

.... Affidavit: Mother smoking cigarettes, marijuana on day 4-year-old son drowns in pool - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

.... It does happen, case by case circumstances, no doubt. Thanks.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:49 PM

15,121 posts, read 13,355,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandHills View Post
.... Got me thinking then researching, Annie53, & found this among others:

.... Affidavit: Mother smoking cigarettes, marijuana on day 4-year-old son drowns in pool - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

.... It does happen, case by case circumstances, no doubt. Thanks.

You spurred me on to search a little further myself.

Seems parents being charged is kinda arbitrary.

When is an Accident a Crime? When Should Parents be Charged?

Old 01-25-2015, 12:04 AM

5,859 posts, read 6,281,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Assuming here, that the "I"'s and "me"'s are talking a childless situation....

Define "stored".

For me, that's in the weapons locker. There, they are unloaded.

But if they are outside the weapons locker, then they are in an armed and ready condition. There are at least 2 reasons for this. First, there are potential defensive situations where one might only have one hand available.Secondly, repeated loading, unloading of a round may jam the bullet further into the brass causing an undesirable condition of the round.

But if we are talking about children being around, then we are back to my post on page 3.
Do you even own a gun? Do you know anything about guns?

I would say no, Terry Kath's brain!

Take a course on gun safety today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or