U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 05:19 AM

9,753 posts, read 5,431,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Do you even own a gun? Do you know anything about guns?

I would say no, Terry Kath's brain!

Take a course on gun safety today.
One would be incorrect..............and who is Terry Kath?

Okay, I looked him up, so we have someone who made the same mistake as "Rebel without a Cause". Further, as I recall, there is a counter scene in the 70's "The Tomorrow People" where one of them takes the pistol, drops the magazine, and then racks the slide a time or two.

Actually, as things go, that particular piece of mechanics is part of my combat training. Where, with the round in the chamber, we keep our eyes down range, drop the empty magazine, and insert the next one by touch.

Another item of training, as a different time, was about a real case where an assailant was trying to drag the driver out of the car through the down window, the driver was restrained by his seat belt, the assailant was beating on the driver's head, the driver was losing conscience, and had only one hand to reach for his gun.

As I said, if one needs their gun and one needs two hands to operate in a crucial moment, one is at a disadvantage if one only has one hand available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 07:22 AM

1,407 posts, read 709,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandHills View Post
.... And the good your words do in the face of such a preventable tragedy? In my 60+ years, never has any 2 year old ever been observed to be wishing their life to be through, even severely abused ones (have already seen more than enough my lifetime).You must be one of the 4%.
.... The youngest, plausible suicides are 6 years old, many of them being questionable so far as circumstances as well as if the child really understood the results are permanent.

Are you really that impossibly naive or one of those super educated "book smart but street stupid" people who don't realize when someone is making a (bad) joke or attempting to be facetious ???

Old 01-25-2015, 08:33 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,765,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It could have been suicide. Not sure why everyone is so quick to conclude accident, not suicide, in deaths of young children. 2 year olds face a lot of stress nowadays.
PLEEAASE ???? You can not be serious.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:10 PM

3,723 posts, read 4,578,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
Are you really that impossibly naive or one of those super educated "book smart but street stupid" people who don't realize when someone is making a (bad) joke or attempting to be facetious ???
I got it, so we know it's not you.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:24 PM

318 posts, read 415,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post

.... Neither. The attempt of being humorous was recognized immediately, simply disagreed with. My choice was to express my perceived insensitivity of such a joke made publically over such a disturbing event. If it affected your sensibilities in a negative way the I apologize. Am only high school educated, traumatic brain injured as well. Thank you for the questions, luckyram.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:42 PM

26,160 posts, read 15,290,242 times
Unhappy  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182
Another tragic gun story out of America... Seriously when will you guys learn?
Indeed....... MOST PEOPLE CANNOT OWN GUNS...... They cannot handle the responsibility!!

Poor baby

Old 02-01-2015, 07:19 AM

2,092 posts, read 2,607,324 times
Well another one (hope parents learn something):

3-year-old accidentally shoots mother and father | AL.com

Old 02-01-2015, 08:17 AM

17,083 posts, read 10,052,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Well another one (hope parents learn something):

3-year-old accidentally shoots mother and father | AL.com
Soon to be another thread on here.

But unbelievable, what the heck

Quote:
The incident took place in a motel room on Saturday afternoon in Albuquerque in the state of New Mexico.

The toddler was apparently reaching for an iPod.

The bullet passed through his father's buttock and hit his mother, who is eight months pregnant, in the arm. Both parents are said to be recovering.

The boy's two-year-old sister, who was also in the room at the America's Best Value Inn, was unhurt.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:30 AM

7,688 posts, read 25,615,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveswater_outdoors View Post
Guns are for safety because people out there are insane. As for keeping a gun in the car, it is to protect against some of these road rage lunatics that want to kill you, and for carjackings and many other things. Do you think the Palestinian guy who went on a stabbing rampage in Israel would have been able to stab so many people if someone on the bus had a concealed carry gun to put him down?
There are many more situations where showing a gun will escalate the situation to a place where it wouldn't have gone, rather than provide resolution. In fact I'd wager that's almost all of them. As for people being insane? I know a few neighborhoods where, if they know if someone's got a gun, they'll just rob his house and take it while he isn't there.. and probably mug him with it.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:21 PM

26,160 posts, read 15,290,242 times
Quote:
The bullet passed through his father's buttock and hit his mother, who is eight months pregnant, in the arm. Both parents are said to be recovering.
Thank goodness!!!!!!

ANOTHER HUMAN WHO SHOULDNT OWN A GUN!!!!!! (Dont know how to properly store it)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or