U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 06:55 AM

3,330 posts, read 1,978,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
that is obvious the bus carrying the corn children.
Ok..that is funny....

I guess I just don't look hard enough at every day objects to find these weird undertones...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 10:56 AM

13,441 posts, read 15,050,919 times
Top left looks like a coffee cup to me. Kids shouldn't be having caffeine. Hmm, coffee.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:22 PM

19,362 posts, read 13,027,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Well she is right. They are in the shape of a pentagram.
Or, rotated 180, it's a Sheriff's badge. Or one of the 50 stars on our flag.

This incident reminds me of a night in Bozeman, Montana, back in 2002, when some citizen called the cops in alarm, saying she had just spotted Osama Bin Ladin out in back of a downtown bar.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:25 PM

19,884 posts, read 36,400,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Most of them aren't. Some of them really are.
Most of the groups that some call "devil worshipers" aren't, or at least aren't worshiping Satan, because one first has to be Christian in order to believe in Satan in the first place. Something many don't consider when calling people who don't share their religion devil worshipers. Heck, even the Church of Satan doesn't quite get that. If they did, based on their underlying premise (which includes NOT worshiping Satan, by the way, near as I can tell from what they themselves say), they'd use another name.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:36 PM

8,542 posts, read 5,266,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Most of the groups that some call "devil worshipers" aren't, or at least aren't worshiping Satan, because one first has to be Christian in order to believe in Satan in the first place. Something many don't consider when calling people who don't share their religion devil worshipers. Heck, even the Church of Satan doesn't quite get that. If they did, based on their underlying premise (which includes NOT worshiping Satan, by the way, near as I can tell from what they themselves say), they'd use another name.
I'm not even religious. I'm just someone who spent some time looking into Satanism due to some weird things I stumbled upon and came to the conclusion that there really are people who worship the devil and they really do some horrible things as a part of their religion. Symbols are a huge part of it. I'm sorry if people think that's crazy. I would have thought it was crazy as well if someone told me this stuff a decade ago. I just shared that the lady was right, it is a pentagram. Whether that is something she should be concerned about or not, I don't know nor do I care.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:36 PM

19,362 posts, read 13,027,109 times
For what it's worth, the pentagram as a religious symbol goes further back than Christianity in all the Celtic nations.

It got connected to Satan after the Celts were converted to Christianity, oftentimes forcefully. Their ancient religions had no concepts of heaven or hell, in the Christian definitions of either. Like the notion of only one God, heaven and hell seem to have come from the religions Middle East alone.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:10 PM

14,951 posts, read 16,541,636 times
As noted, many ancient cultures studied or otherwise used the symbol of the pentacle. Many early Christians wore it as a sign of the five wounds of Christ. In such context it was often found both point up or point down (inverted).

The inverted pentacle has only been adopted as a symbol of Satan since the later half of the 20th century, a whole 50 something years of its multiple-thousand year history.

Most Satanic inverted pentacles are found crudely drawn in school notebooks or on jean jackets by smelly teenagers who want to rebel against society before they get married and wear chinos and polo shirts for the rest of their lives. That and evil school buses, of course.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:04 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,467,561 times
Thumbs down  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCreator
Parent says bus tail lights are pentagrams
I dont know about that but I DO KNOW they are quite blindling to look at!! (I hate this LED crap thats on everything now... HORRIBLE!! (Cops cars,etc)

The original lights they used FOR YEARS were fine and didnt blind you when ya looked AT THEM!!!

Old 01-27-2015, 05:36 AM

6,317 posts, read 4,442,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I dont know about that but I DO KNOW they are quite blindling to look at!! (I hate this LED crap thats on everything now... HORRIBLE!! (Cops cars,etc)

The original lights they used FOR YEARS were fine and didnt blind you when ya looked AT THEM!!!
I agree but I think that we are in the minority. No one else ever feels this way when I bring it up.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:47 AM

6,317 posts, read 4,442,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
For what it's worth, the pentagram as a religious symbol goes further back than Christianity in all the Celtic nations.

It got connected to Satan after the Celts were converted to Christianity, oftentimes forcefully. Their ancient religions had no concepts of heaven or hell, in the Christian definitions of either. Like the notion of only one God, heaven and hell seem to have come from the religions Middle East alone.

Exactly! Catholicism actually took a lot from the Pagan culture. Much in Wicca and Catholic rituals overlap.

IDK about "Satan Worshipers," but I did live in a (Wiccan) Coven community for a year and Satan didn't come up once. Most who joined this particular Coven happened to be previously Catholic or Jewish. The belief is in many gods which is the main difference.

Instead of "the Holy Trinity" of the cross, the pentagram stands for "air, earth, water, fire and ether."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or