U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 06:00 AM

6,317 posts, read 4,445,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The Christmas start is a pagan symbol. A pentacle. A pentagram, which is a satanic symbol is an inverted pentacle. The bus lights are in the shape of a pentagram.
FYI- A pentacle does not have to be inverted to be a pentagram and is not a "satanic symbol." I mean, sure if you WANT it to be it can, but so can an upside down cross.

Most of the BS you see written online about Wicca is by goth teens and not by actual witches practicing 30+ years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 06:02 AM

6,317 posts, read 4,445,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What's the different between a pentagram and a star?
NOTHING!

Old 01-27-2015, 06:08 AM

27,275 posts, read 15,058,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If I were the principal, I'd keep a phamplet or two in my desk drawer on home-schooling for just such cases.

In fairness though, at least she didn't run down the principal with her car while yelling Allah Akbar over the insulting tail-light.
Best post in the thread. Some people just see a conspiracy anywhere.

What a wacko.

Old 01-28-2015, 05:27 AM

3,936 posts, read 3,548,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCreator View Post
I wonder who makes the tail lights and if ALL the tail lights for buses are made like that?
No, granted they do look like pentacles, normally lights like that, used on many, many industrial vehicles, are just cheap round lights, with five massive LEDs in them.

Old 01-28-2015, 05:33 AM

3,936 posts, read 3,548,660 times
Quote:
Most of them aren't. Some of them really are.
Then they would be Luciferian, not satanist.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:33 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,203,640 times
I always picture Jesus as the exhausted guy at the end of the bar...
At this point he would break some bread, sip on some wine and tell this woman to shut her yap already.

"I've got more important shhh to worry about, lady"

He would then get up and walk out... All in slow motion of course... With his entire crew leaving the billiards area too.

The woman would scream, "BBUUTT TTHHEE LLIIGGHHTTSS" in a slow, gurgling voice that would make Chris Farley envious.

Jesus would just put his hand to her face and edge her away in the most epic of rejections.

**Cue "99 Problems" on the jukebox as they exit**

Old 01-28-2015, 10:52 AM
bg7

7,698 posts, read 7,640,977 times
Quote:
You have to admit, they are unusual. Red circles stand out great and are likely much cheaper to make.
True, but whenever these types of religious controversies come up we see many embracing interventions from the satanic church with open arms. (Oklahoma city statue for example).

You an expert on transparent extrusion plastics huh?

Like someone else posted above - 10% of the pop are completee whack jobs. Paying them attention only encourages them.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:39 PM
Status: "happy again, no longer catless! t...." (set 8 days ago)

14,423 posts, read 16,699,470 times
Quote:
You have to admit, they are unusual. Red circles stand out great and are likely much cheaper to make.
True, but whenever these types of religious controversies come up we see many embracing interventions from the satanic church with open arms. (Oklahoma city statue for example).
The point with the satanic group who wants to add theirs to the ten commandments is its state property. The ten commandments are the issue. A drunk ran over and broke the statue a few months ago, barely missing running his car into the historic capital building so I guess it served its purpose, but since they'd been told it couldn't be funded by state money, a private citizen replaced the thing. But now since the state has offically accepted a display which is religious in nature and installed it on state land, the satanist absolutely deserve to be allowed to put theirs next to it. Same idea, displaying a religion with private funds on state property.

A lot of the support for the satanists is NOT from fellow believers but those who believe there should be NO religious displays on the state grounds but if there are its open to anyone and they can't say no. They aren't embrasing the satanic church, just giving them equal rights. I myself would love to see a wiccan display too, though we'd have to fight over the details. Maybe invite everyone for a monthly maintance fee put up their display be it christan or athiest or satanist or the flying frizbee but use the money to fix the captial before it falls down during the sporatic repair.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:56 PM

13,482 posts, read 9,612,863 times
Quote:
It is kind of weird. I've never seen bus bake lights in that shape before. It seems like it would be more expensive to use a pentagram shape then just a typical circle. I have no idea why they would make them that way.
They are probably LEDs. Some people just go around looking for a reason to be pissed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or