Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 07:00 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The chaos has already started!

OMG REEFER MADNESS.

I tried pot once....ONE time...now I want it. I want it soo bad. And I've even started to sleep with other races. Seriously, before the reefer madness I had no interest in colored women, but now I do.

Oh wait....

Seriously folks, its been used for decades, the only truly bad thing occurring has been the war on drugs.

It makes me want to play the piano with a psychotic look on my face! My God I couldn't stop laughing at the ridiculousness of the propaganda in that film the first time I saw it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 12:09 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think if marijuana were made legal federally, a lot of problems would be solved. Or we could ban alcohol because of all the damage it causes.
Agree 100%

Old 02-02-2015, 12:33 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It makes me want to play the piano with a psychotic look on my face! My God I couldn't stop laughing at the ridiculousness of the propaganda in that film the first time I saw it.
Actually....if they'd have done that and called it meth madness it might have been more accurate.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:28 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,273,927 times
Take That Maureen Dowd: I Ate 90 Servings of THC and Lived

Nice article. I agree THC can be psychedelic. And I agree it's not really a social drug. And I agree education is key. And I agree no matter how much you take it will never kill a soul.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:39 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,197,482 times
The reason why support for legalizing is so high now because people finally realized the anti drug propoganda over the last 30 years has been absolute bull****

Old 02-03-2015, 10:01 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,865,579 times
Our Governor is a moron, but keeps being re-elected by the Denver liberals. Anyway, what people do in their own home is no business of mine. I do have a problem seeing groups of people smoking pot at town park concerts, on ski slopes, outside public places and in front of kids. It's everywhere here, and the smell is awful. One cannot attend a public event without smelling it. If approached one gets the grand "it's legal dude" reply.

The state is making way too much money to make this illegal. It would just be nice if they would use it to cut our taxes or maybe repair a road or two.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:11 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,222,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Our Governor is a moron, but keeps being re-elected by the Denver liberals. Anyway, what people do in their own home is no business of mine. I do have a problem seeing groups of people smoking pot at town park concerts, on ski slopes, outside public places and in front of kids. It's everywhere here, and the smell is awful. One cannot attend a public event without smelling it. If approached one gets the grand "it's legal dude" reply.

The state is making way too much money to make this illegal. It would just be nice if they would use it to cut our taxes or maybe repair a road or two.
It's funny you say that.

Pot Is Making Colorado So Much Money They Literally Have To Give Some Back To Residents | High Times

Pretty interesting article.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:19 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,807,166 times
Anyone else notice that the people who get the most bent out of shape by marijuana legalization tend to come from the same crowd that howls endlessly whenever any curbs at all are put on the use of tobacco?

Do you think they ever notice that tobacco is a far greater social scourge than marijuana ever could be?

Probably not - that would require both introspection and a familiarity with the actual evidence.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:36 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,549,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post

I don't know if you and I go to the same type concerts, but I've smelled it if not partaken myself at most that I've been to, anywhere. How much that gets enforced seems to hinge a lot on the demographic at a given show. Unless something changed, it's still not legal to use in public in Colorado. I'm sure there's varying degrees of enforcement there too. There are winos peeing in alleyways everywhere too, and that smells worse.

The secret is slowly getting out too that it needs not necessarily be smoked; this does not have that smell.

Also, considering the fear of increased accidents and such, one would think it would cause more ski accidents, but I've heard of no such thing. Then again, toking up on the ski slopes has always happened, there's just little less need to be clandestine about it.

Now that it's crossed my mind again, I always thought it was interesting regarding the "legal pot will cause traffic accidents to skyrocket" that one of the cause's biggest donors was the late Peter Lewis, Progressive Insurance chairman, whose business would be negatively affected if it actually caused more accidents. Colorado's numbers suggest it doesn't.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:20 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times
Will somebody please give this fool a glass of MJ tea or a pot brownie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events