U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-14-2015, 04:17 PM
 
17,196 posts, read 14,805,597 times
Reputation: 32758

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Why are you curious.
Geeze
Is your ego really that big, ocnjgirl?(shaking head)

I had to go into work today for awhile.
Would you like a note from my employer???


It is called living life.

And because one does not respond right away to a question, is thier an ill assumption????

And if it is alright with you, I will look into your question. But I have other life living to do 1st.
That's a bit silly since you answered other posts that came after mine, when you were supposedly at work. I'm curious about whether you'll rack your brain for some answer you can't think of at the moment, or you're actually open-mined enough to consider maybe you're perspective has flaws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-14-2015, 04:26 PM
 
13,720 posts, read 25,291,765 times
Reputation: 8657
The study she cited that she thinks claims that THC attaches fat cells to brain cells (which it doesn't even claim) was put out by the federally-funded National Institute for Drug Abuse, which has not only monopolized legal research on cannabis with the aim of maintaining prohibition but has also funded more questionable research. Notably, a "study" by George A. Ricaurte on MDMA (aka Ecstasy, Molly etc.) on monkeys which actually turned out not to involve MDMA at all, but large doses of methamphetamine. In spite of this coming to light and the study being retracted, NIDA continued to fund Ricuarte's "work."

What appears to be science is really political propaganda when it comes from the NIDA or "researchers" it funds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2015, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Greater NYC, USA
2,762 posts, read 2,622,439 times
Reputation: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's a bit silly since you answered other posts that came after mine, when you were supposedly at work. I'm curious about whether you'll rack your brain for some answer you can't think of at the moment, or you're actually open-mined enough to consider maybe you're perspective has flaws.

Be nice, she is just having a bad day ! Let's be supportive :0 It's more productive this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2015, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Greater NYC, USA
2,762 posts, read 2,622,439 times
Reputation: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
The study she cited that she thinks claims that THC attaches fat cells to brain cells (which it doesn't even claim) was put out by the federally-funded National Institute for Drug Abuse, which has not only monopolized legal research on cannabis with the aim of maintaining prohibition but has also funded more questionable research. Notably, a "study" by George A. Ricaurte on MDMA (aka Ecstasy, Molly etc.) on monkeys which actually turned out not to involve MDMA at all, but large doses of methamphetamine. In spite of this coming to light and the study being retracted, NIDA continued to fund Ricuarte's "work."

What appears to be science is really political propaganda when it comes from the NIDA or "researchers" it funds.

They are just confused, TLC get's stored in Fat cells and brain needs fat to function. Guess they understood it differently
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2015, 06:51 PM
 
5,664 posts, read 2,507,065 times
Reputation: 5117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Atalanta, I am curious about your answers to my questions on my last post, is there a reason you don't want to respond?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Why are you curious.
Geeze
Is your ego really that big, ocnjgirl?(shaking head)

I had to go into work today for awhile.
Would you like a note from my employer???


It is called living life.

And because one does not respond right away to a question, is thier an ill assumption????

And if it is alright with you, I will look into your question. But I have other life living to do 1st.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's a bit silly since you answered other posts that came after mine, when you were supposedly at work. I'm curious about whether you'll rack your brain for some answer you can't think of at the moment, or you're actually open-mined enough to consider maybe you're perspective has flaws.

After taking some time for work, and some time to think about this topic, and some time to look at your types of postings in this forum.....

I see you appear to be the type who likes to come into threads and be rude and unpleasant to people.

Therefor I am not going to reply to any of your questions or posts.

I do know some things about this topic and have some good information to share.
And I do have ears for those who are decent.

After seeing some of your post here on the forum, I am choosing to not respond to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2015, 09:27 PM
 
17,196 posts, read 14,805,597 times
Reputation: 32758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
After taking some time for work, and some time to think about this topic, and some time to look at your types of postings in this forum.....

I see you appear to be the type who likes to come into threads and be rude and unpleasant to people.

Therefor I am not going to reply to any of your questions or posts.

I do know some things about this topic and have some good information to share.
And I do have ears for those who are decent.

After seeing some of your post here on the forum, I am choosing to not respond to you.
What a surprise Alright, I'll let you off the hook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2015, 07:07 AM
 
Location: zooland 1
3,744 posts, read 3,272,855 times
Reputation: 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I was raised by a drunk. I was hooked on alcohol when I was 16. I am the only guy I know that sobered up in Vietnam. Over there I had some of the best pot on the planet available. I did not indulge in either drunkenness or staying stoned because both increased my reaction rates and reduced my fierceness. These could get me killed. Fear and adrenalin were my preferred drugs.
Reality my bother... is the mother of all education

I wish I could rep you 1000 times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2015, 09:36 AM
 
Location: zooland 1
3,744 posts, read 3,272,855 times
Reputation: 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
They are just confused, TLC get's stored in Fat cells and brain needs fat to function. Guess they understood it differently
Somewhat correct
As you are aware the brain runs on glucose.. fatty acids are one component of glucose ...
Without fresh research my recollection is that mj can short synapses ... which is why mj users get "dumber" with repeated use
It's simply common sense

The brain is also the most sensitive to changes of any part of the human body ... o2 and glucose... Mj does NOT help either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2015, 10:02 AM
 
463 posts, read 245,219 times
Reputation: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Somewhat correct
As you are aware the brain runs on glucose.. fatty acids are one component of glucose ...
Without fresh research my recollection is that mj can short synapses ... which is why mj users get "dumber" with repeated use
It's simply common sense

The brain is also the most sensitive to changes of any part of the human body ... o2 and glucose... Mj does NOT help either
OMG, here we go. Please provide evidence that cannabis users get "dumber" with repeated use.

I am 58 years old and have 44 years of daily experience with cannabis. Would you care to answer any of these questions?

How can I have any living brain cells left?
After so many years of usage why am I not dead of cancer?
How come I didn't "gateway" to meth or heroin long ago?
How come I am not a homeless lethargic vegetable?
How can I even type properly constructed sentences on this keyboard since I must be really really dumb by now?

In fact, I am a successful businessman with so much technical ability it would make your head spin. But, just like with Atalanta and all other prohibitionists, first-hand evidence staring you in the face is completely ignored. Your anti-pot bias is so strong it is like reality doesn't exist. Why am I wasting my time trying to enlighten you anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2015, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Self explanatory
10,225 posts, read 4,113,536 times
Reputation: 14213
You can read the whole test in .pdf format here:

http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs...ournalCode=sum

But here's the main take away:

Ten normal subjects who smoked marijuana daily for an average of 5 years and who denied other drug use were examined on a neuropsychological test battery. When compared with normal nonsmoking Ss, minimal differences were observed. It was concluded that long-term cannabis use does not cause a generalized decrement in adaptive abilities which might be related to cerebral impairments.

Of course there are other peer reviewed studies:

Marijuana: Occasional Cannabis Use in Teenagers Has 'No Relationship' with IQ or Exam Results

“Our findings suggest cannabis may not have a detrimental effect on cognition, once we account for other related factors particularly cigarette and alcohol use”

"This is a potentially important study because it suggests that the current focus on the alleged harms of cannabis may be obscuring the fact that its use is often correlated with that of other even more freely available drugs and possibly lifestyle factors."

Though, that study was for "kids", and I am against kids getting into it, but handle cannabis like alcohol, 21 and up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top