U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2015, 10:15 AM

463 posts, read 245,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
o2 and glucose... Mj does NOT help either
Let me try to at least straighten you out on this point. Do you know why your eyes get red after using cannabis? I didn't think so.

Well, it is because cannabis is a vasodilator. This means it opens up blood vessels, allowing more blood to flow and lowering blood pressure. That causes the normally invisible capillaries in the eyeball to become visible.

This increased blood flow increases the flow of O2 and nutrients like glucose, just the opposite of the nonsense you were spewing. Increased blood flow and lower blood pressure also allows for better immune system functioning and faster healing. This is likely one of the reasons that there is never been a documented case of cannabis use causing cancer.

This is just the opposite of what cigarette smoke does. It is a vasoconstrictor, which reduces blood flow and increases blood pressure.

Please try to learn a little more about the plant that you are using to destroy people's lives with.

Last edited by Vistaian; 02-15-2015 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: typo
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 03:11 PM

2,762 posts, read 2,627,267 times
Quote:
Somewhat correct
As you are aware the brain runs on glucose.. fatty acids are one component of glucose ...
Without fresh research my recollection is that mj can short synapses ... which is why mj users get "dumber" with repeated use
It's simply common sense

The brain is also the most sensitive to changes of any part of the human body ... o2 and glucose... Mj does NOT help either

I have seen articles that refereed to studies saying that people who smoke regularly do not get lower IQ from it. While people are stoned they are dumber, but once they sober up, their normal IQ returns to them. This is unlike alcohol, because regular use of alcohol does mess with Vitamin B level and drunks do become dumber.

Old 02-15-2015, 03:18 PM

Atalanta made a good point earlier pertaining to how we have deviated from the subject line of this thread. For those of you who do not wish to read through 28+ pages, I will re-post the most relevant reply, courtesy of WheeledOne. But I encourage everyone to read through all of the pages of this thread anyway, lots of good info to be seen.

The bolded parts are my doing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheeledOne View Post
Wow, that article presents just the first half of his thought, making it look like he said something he didn't. How dishonest of them!

He did say that if he had a magic wand on election day, he would've reversed it. But, he added a BUT, he said now he wouldn't, that it's been a good thing for Colorado.

I can't find the full clip, but I did find this segment from the same interview:

Colorado Gov. on the future of legal weed - 60 Minutes Videos - CBS News

Does that sound like someone who thinks they made a big mistake?

EDIT: I found it!

The marijuana effect - 60 Minutes Videos - CBS News

Watch at 12:00. Around 12:20 he uses the exact words referenced by the OP's link, and you can see he was taken completely out of context.

Old 02-15-2015, 03:20 PM

2,784 posts, read 2,574,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
Please try to learn a little more about the plant that you are using to destroy people's lives with.
Wish I could rep you for that one.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:53 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,278,476 times
Quote:
Let me try to at least straighten you out on this point. Do you know why your eyes get red after using cannabis? I didn't think so.

Well, it is because cannabis is a vasodilator. This means it opens up blood vessels, allowing more blood to flow and lowering blood pressure. That causes the normally invisible capillaries in the eyeball to become visible.

This increased blood flow increases the flow of O2 and nutrients like glucose, just the opposite of the nonsense you were spewing. Increased blood flow and lower blood pressure also allows for better immune system functioning and faster healing. This is likely one of the reasons that there is never been a documented case of cannabis use causing cancer.

This is just the opposite of what cigarette smoke does. It is a vasoconstrictor, which reduces blood flow and increases blood pressure.

Bunk my friend,,, but thanks for the medical review,, I never spoke about the effects of THC as a vasodilator
Might I respectfully suggest smoking a little less of the plant you are telling us is so good for you..and depending on accepted science and not high times or norml publications (and Im not accusing you of this just making a suggestion) You are correct THC is a vasodilator ..the body is a pump... pipes.. and fluid.. and the NEGATIVE effects of vasodilation are increased BP and heart rate ( as the body tries to catch up with the lowering of pressure).. which is a cause for the population susceptible to such changes to potentially stroke out .. transient ischemia.. or even an infarction .. ( as an aside CBD's have been also shown to have some promise in stroke or head injury patients)

Anytime we change the O2 /CO2 balance in the body is cause for concern if it gets beyond compensation ability (generally less than 19 percent O2 as the body begins de-compensation)..

Are you telling us putting a burning substance into the body.. or vaping for that matter... containing hundreds of chemicals actually helps the O2 balance?... or CO2 respiratory drive?

Eyes become reddened from an irritant..in this case POT SMOKE... which is something I have regularly observed.. or are you saying smoking a burning substance containing a 1000 toxic chemicals.. tar and metals... close enough to the eyes to have particulate enter them is NOT going to make them red... and its totally caused by something such as vasodilation?.. well my friend.. you are just plain.. wrong...

Could vasodilation cause eye redness.. yes it is possible.. but in my observation this has NOT been the case.. normally it has been the irritant... chronic marijuana users could suffer from pot red eye cause by vasodilation.. I rarely have seen it...

Marijuana proponents like to use half baked truths or incomplete facts to tell the rest of us how good it is as a drug for them.. it is not.. Marijuana use has some limited benefit for a very specific part of the population.. the remainder just want to be high without any responsibility for their abhorrent behavior

The only destruction of life is the minutes lost that go up the pipe... which cannot be recovered.. and they wont even remember they lost

Educate before you recreate....

Thank you

Old 02-15-2015, 07:01 PM

2,762 posts, read 2,627,267 times
Quote:
Bunk my friend,,, but thanks for the medical review,, I never spoke about the effects of THC as a vasodilator
Might I respectfully suggest smoking a little less of the plant you are telling us is so good for you..and depending on accepted science and not high times or norml publications (and Im not accusing you of this just making a suggestion) You are correct THC is a vasodilator ..the body is a pump... pipes.. and fluid.. and the NEGATIVE effects of vasodilation are increased BP and heart rate ( as the body tries to catch up with the lowering of pressure).. which is a cause for the population susceptible to such changes to potentially stroke out .. transient ischemia.. or even an infarction .. ( as an aside CBD's have been also shown to have some promise in stroke or head injury patients)

Anytime we change the O2 /CO2 balance in the body is cause for concern if it gets beyond compensation ability (generally less than 19 percent O2 as the body begins de-compensation)..

Are you telling us putting a burning substance into the body.. or vaping for that matter... containing hundreds of chemicals actually helps the O2 balance?... or CO2 respiratory drive?

Eyes become reddened from an irritant..in this case POT SMOKE... which is something I have regularly observed.. or are you saying smoking a burning substance containing a 1000 toxic chemicals.. tar and metals... close enough to the eyes to have particulate enter them is NOT going to make them red... and its totally caused by something such as vasodilation?.. well my friend.. you are just plain.. wrong...

Could vasodilation cause eye redness.. yes it is possible.. but in my observation this has NOT been the case.. normally it has been the irritant... chronic marijuana users could suffer from pot red eye cause by vasodilation.. I rarely have seen it...

Marijuana proponents like to use half baked truths or incomplete facts to tell the rest of us how good it is as a drug for them.. it is not.. Marijuana use has some limited benefit for a very specific part of the population.. the remainder just want to be high without any responsibility for their abhorrent behavior

The only destruction of life is the minutes lost that go up the pipe... which cannot be recovered.. and they wont even remember they lost

Thank you
So your saying that Antioxidants are bad for us ?

These arguments can go for a long time, so let's get productive.

No where do you argue that MJ in any way is worst for humans then Cigarettes or alcohol. Hence, why the stupid drug war ? End the prohibition!

Old 02-15-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Bunk my friend
Right back at you...

Quote:
Might I respectfully suggest smoking a little less of the plant you are telling us is so good for you..and depending on accepted science and not high times or norml publications
Accepted, real, and non-biased science is exactly what I am depending on, along with long term study of my own, which you will not even acknowledge. The science prohibitionists depend on is invariably government funded propaganda and not based on real-world facts or objective third parties.

Quote:
You are correct THC is a vasodilator ..the body is a pump... pipes.. and fluid.. and the NEGATIVE effects of vasodilation are increased BP and heart rate ( as the body tries to catch up with the lowering of pressure).. which is a cause for the population susceptible to such changes to potentially stroke out .. transient ischemia.. or even an infarction .. ( as an aside CBD's have been also shown to have some promise in stroke or head injury patients)
I am just shaking my head. Where do you come up with this stuff? Stroke out? Transient ischemia? Infarction? That's laughable. You sound like one of those counter-productive anti-drug scare campaigns from the 1970's. As widespread as cannabis use is, don't you think we would be seeing evidence of this?

I can assure you my heart rate and BP most certainly does NOT change to anything close to a dangerous amount when I use cannabis. It is pretty apparent you are grasping at straws on this one...

Quote:
Aren't you forgetting about edibles? Don't those users also get red eyes? If it is because of irritation from smoke, then wouldn't cigarette smokers suffer from red eyes even worse than cannabis users because of the 1000 toxic chemicals? Well, my friend, your ignorance is now really showing and you are just plain.. wrong... (Google "red eyes edibles")

Quote:
Marijuana use has some limited benefit for a very specific part of the population.. the remainder just want to be high without any responsibility for their abhorrent behavior
Really, really shaking my head now. I will repeat what I said earlier to you. If you really think responsible cannabis use causes abhorrent behavior, then your job has you so biased against cannabis that you literally can not see.

Quote:
If you really believe that, then do me a favor and reply to my previous post answering how I can possibly be a functioning human being? Why is it you think 44 years of experience deserves to be completely ignored?

BTW, I am well known by my friends and cohorts for my memory. How can that possibly be???

Quote:
Finally! Something we agree on!

Thank you

Last edited by Vistaian; 02-15-2015 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: Clarity

Old 02-15-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
The only destruction of life is the minutes lost that go up the pipe...
Really, you must be kidding. When you enter a responsible person's life and perform a pot bust, you are:

Putting someone in jail
Giving someone a criminal record
Wrecking their career
Ripping their kids away, making them victims and destroying the family
Stealing their house, car, and other assets under the protection of forfeiture laws (even without a conviction)
Preventing that person from ever voting again
Preventing that person from ever owning or even being around firearms
Turning someone with a healthy mindset into someone who can't escape being branded as a criminal

How do you call that anything except the destruction of someone's life and family?

It is especially grievous that you are doing it because of a plant that you really know little about. You believe you are an expert, but in fact you are brainwashed with all of the corruption-driven propaganda that has been put out by the government for the last 75 years.

Since you know I am a cannabis user, I assume if you walked into my life, did an assessment of it, and found that I was an intelligent, functional citizen who is paying taxes, employing other Americans, and in general am an asset to society, that you would recommend prison time?

Last edited by Vistaian; 02-15-2015 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: Added more areas of destruction: Career wrecking and Criminal branding

Old 02-15-2015, 08:52 PM

10,296 posts, read 4,137,143 times
Quote:
You believe you are an expert, but in fact you are brainwashed with all of the corruption-driven propaganda that has been put out by the government for the last 75 years.
Exactly.

Why I mentioned in another thread about police forces not hiring people who are too smart, not that notmeofficer is an idiot, a government shill perhaps, but the force wants people smart enough to know what they are doing, but not so smart as to ask questions and question the system.

People who stand to loose the most are the ones that have the loudest voices/opinions. I wonder, what would be so bad about having to not deal with all the paperwork, the court costs, excessive spending of money and resources? Are they worried about department cutbacks? Worried the won't get more in their budget? Or are they worried they will just have to focus on crimes that involve victims?

There are even "brothers in blue" that have made the jump, from prohibitionist to supporter.

Ex-DEA Agent Finds Unlikely New Role In Marijuana Investment Firm

LEAP | Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Confessions Of A Pot-Smoking Police Officer, Firefighter And Youth Pastor

I also find it funny that people think that because a link is from norml, or high times, that it should be discredited. . .they link the SAME studies and links that other major news outlets host, but because it comes from a specific domain it is to be discredited. More proof that the prohibitionist mindset is clouded, not by the smoke they oppose, but by the views that have been indoctrinated into.

Last edited by Old Town FFX; 02-15-2015 at 09:32 PM..

Old 02-15-2015, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I wonder, what would be so bad about having to not deal with all the paperwork, the court costs, excessive spending of money and resources? Are they worried about department cutbacks? Worried the won't get more in their budget?
It's money. Those forfeiture laws I mentioned are structured to perpetuate corruption:

1) Any property forfeited is taken at the time of arrest. Even if you are not convicted, you have to sue to get it back (assuming you can afford to sue the government, most can't).

2) The money made by the sale of these assets does not go into some general government fund. It goes directly to the local department that performed the bust. Sometimes it is a LOT of money. Talk about incentive! They don't want to lose this source of revenue. It buys guns, bullet-proof vests, vans, etc. that goes directly to their department. This is not opinion, I was told this directly by a Department of Narcotics agent.

To make matters worse, many police departments also have a bonus system in place, where each officer gets a bonus based on how many arrests they make. Needless to say, most of the arrests are drug related, and the officers on that beat can (and usually do) make more in bonuses than they do from their base pay. Talk about major incentive!

The money and the corruption it causes trumps all the carnage they are carrying out on the citizens of this country. Carnage that is much, much worse than any problems the plant itself could ever cause.

I am not making any of this up. Research it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or