U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2015, 10:14 PM

796 posts, read 1,337,431 times

Advertisements

Colorado's aren't the only officials who don't like pot- we already knew that! These laws voted in by the electorate, show that there has been a divide between belief systems for a long time, and the ones in favor of legalization found their way to the ballot box.
It's just that some of the old school cannot come to grips with it, and are trying to ignore that THE VOTERS HAVE SPOKEN.
What did Kurt Cobain say? something to the effect, you just have to wait til some of the dinosaurs die off.
After all they grew up being utterly indoctrinated with propaganda, false stereotypes, misinfo, and fear of marijuana, they are the "Reefer Madness" Generation.

Click here to see-- REEFER MADNESS --FULL MOVIE!!!

Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 10:33 PM

10,296 posts, read 4,137,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bpurrfect View Post
Colorado's aren't the only officials who don't like pot- we already knew that! These laws voted in by the electorate, show that there has been a divide between belief systems for a long time, and the ones in favor of legalization found their way to the ballot box.
It's just that some of the old school cannot come to grips with it, and are trying to ignore that THE VOTERS HAVE SPOKEN.
What did Kurt Cobain say? something to the effect, you just have to wait til some of the dinosaurs die off.
After all they grew up being utterly indoctrinated with propaganda, false stereotypes, misinfo, and fear of marijuana, they are the "Reefer Madness" Generation.

Certainly, at least in the eyes of the prohibitionists in the thread, you are a "hater".

Certainly, you state fats that are backed by actual facts, but you are a bad person.

CERTAINLY, you saying that a grunge band said what makes sense to regular people, MAKES YOU A MARK.

My FRIEND, be wary of Atlanta and notmeofficer, for they will do all they can to convince you that you are less than human, that you are less than someone who is addicted to booze, heroin or methamphetamines. They will try to convince you that YOU are the problem!

While you work day to day/night to night, pay your bills, keep a roof over your head and do everything in a productive manner, please know that there are those that would have you rot in prison for your choices.

All that said, does it seem as ridiculous as it was for me to type it all out?

Old 02-19-2015, 08:08 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,278,476 times
During our last ballot measure restricting the use of mj growing to 12 plants per year... anywhere from 12 -100 pounds depending upon grower expertise and effort there was a small minority of dope users who said to the rest of us... we understand that mj is being destroyed by idiots.. criminals and people who don't get it... instead of working with the community they want to be outside it...

Well... granny 12 plants passed...( we affectionately call it granny 12 plant because the pro dope crowd tried to appeal for the grannies who need their medicine to live) and now all the growers and users are subject to the law... no more mini-mega dope dealers/growers by the hundreds in our community ...oh.. the doctor from ten counties away will still fly in twice a week writing a new "recommendation" every 15 minutes for 100 bucks each... the cardholders will try to present their card as a get out of jail for free card when they do something wrong... by the way do people realize the above amount of marijuana equates to more than 16000 joints per year at minimum... is that enough "medicine" for you?.... for you see folks when you actually look behind the curtain you will see mj users can still live a life entirely in the zone should they choose to... and we know statistically more than ten percent will... the infrequent users will go up and if we believe statistics they will level off... ugh.. why wait...
These cardholders will still suck off the teat of the rest of us staying home with their disability.. but not too disabled to tend to the garden... they will still stumble around town toking away in public.. like that's ok... grow next to schools and bus stops.. use inordinate amount of resources... in our case water theft has become a biggie.. whether its a clandestine water truck at a hydrant or a dammed stream ... Potentially healthy people (well.. not mentally if they want to be high) will continue to walk around the community at two in the afternoon still stoned from the mornings fresh toke up.. looking for crimes of opportunity...
Yep.. unfortunately the actual productive marijuana users cannot justify the above...and even when laws were originally written with their input.. in the case of my county anti drug coalition groups NEVER were given a seat at the planning and resources table... just the dopers...
When all was said and done the pro mj folks violated the law they helped craft over 90 percent of the time. The rest of us... tired of this... wrote and voted upon a more restrictive ordinance ... pro dopers have stated they will violate it... we will see...
The grow season outdoors is just ramping up for a new crop... we will see...

I will personally never give in to obnoxious behavior that affects my life negatively ...as an American I don't have to.. I vote.. I work.. I don't take from others.. and lastly and most importantly in the real world I'll do almost anything to get along with others
Look in the mirror when you toke up today... are you really in your deepest heart of hearts and with clear conscience happy of an existence drugged out?
Speaks volumes about a person

Learn about the road ahead from those coming back... in other words.. Ive already heard and been through every doper behavior and argument firsthand in my community.. I will probably be one of the few serious anti-drug people that will come on here and discuss the issue with pro dope people..( because drug use by its very nature clouds reason) Ill never give up hoping they might see the fallacies of their arguments and behaviors.. and I try to demonstrate the OTHER viewpoint out there...the one pro dope people like to shout down or intimidate into silence... and sure.. I get to see it from the street.. and you get to hear that too.. the insults and smears dont affect me one iota.. Ive hear them all before...

Last edited by notmeofficer; 02-19-2015 at 09:37 AM..

Old 02-19-2015, 08:20 AM

15,908 posts, read 9,654,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Pro pot folks

Is it OK for your child to use? No. He is a minor, and it should be treated with the same age restrictions as alcohol.
Perhaps trim for you?.... or maybe for someone else? No.
Would you smoke with your child? No. Not when he is under age.
How about your pregnant wife? Of course not.

Should you be allowed to be high at work... smoke at break time.. have a residual high...or more likely low after a bud heavy night

At work. No. I would never come to work under the influence of any sort of intoxicant. First off, working in sales, and doing a lot of negotiating with prospective customers, I don't believe in mixing business with pleasure. Secondly, it would be highly disrespectful to my employer to show up under the influence. As for what I do on my own time, at home, it isn't their business, and my employer doesn't butt into our private lives. Finally, cannabis does not cause a hangover like alcohol can.

How about driving... high?... partially high?

I've done it before in my younger days. Yes it was dumb! Being older, nope. In fact, these days once I crack a beer, I won't drive anywhere. I have a good driving record (haven't had a speeding ticket since 1992) and a low insurance rate, and I'm not going to screw that up by being irresponsible.

What about when you commit a crime while using marijuana . .. is that a case or reason you might give for your behavior?

I don't commit any crimes. And in fact, most people I know that use from time to time don't either.

I ask because the above instances are ones I experience daily...

It doesn't mean that every single person who partakes does this kind of stuff. But you seem to automatically assume that those who smoke weed from time to time are all a bunch of degenerates.

In your minds are the above behaviors ok?
No. While some folks engage in dumb s*** there are a lot more who don't. Stupid comes in all walks of life, and as Ron White said "you can't fix stupid!" I see more instances of belligerence and stupidity from excessive alcohol use than with folks who partake in cannabis. I worked in the club scene in my area for years, and have seen it first hand. It doesn't mean I would want alcohol banned, because we tried that before and it didn't work. Much like the war on weed is proving to become an absolute failure.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I think what you are confusing here, no one is saying marijuana is the best and a magical cure all for everyone, NO ONE is saying that. What IS being said is: It's less harmful than other substances that are currently legal and the fight to keep it illegal is a waste of time, energy and resources.

How about a more common sense, down to earth, realistic approach to it? Is that so bad?

That would make too much sense. But you're right. It's ridiculous that there are many other substances legal or not, that cause more damage to your body, have a potential for physical addiction, as well as overdose, but because of bureacracy, and special interests we're continuing to waste time and valuable resources on a war on a plant that has been around and used for a number of purposes since the beginning of time.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
Anti pot folks

Would you call the cops on your child if you found them with pot?

No. And while I'd be p***ed, and he would be in trouble, because he is after all a minor. But given the other crap out there that is a thousand times worse, I would be somewhat relieved it was only weed. I would then confiscate it, and more than likely keep it for myself. Then again, if I found booze on him or cigarettes I'd do the same! Any other crap would get flushed down the toilet!

Would you call the cops on your parents or other family members with pot?

HELL NO!!! I'd say, pass that s*** over here!

Would you call the cops on your friends with pot?

HELL NO!!! I'd say, pass that s*** over here!

No one is going to involve the police, or rat on their friends or family over pot, and if you would, then you have serious issues. If you can't rat on your friends and family, then others shouldn't be going to jail either.

Indeed! I cannot justify and in good conscience seek to destroy someone's life over weed! IT'S WEED FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!!

Signed... someone who supports ending prohibition of cannabis!

Old 02-19-2015, 08:47 AM

5,644 posts, read 4,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
You guys do such a good job at showing your deep seeded anger and immaturity, brownsfan, Vistaian, Nep, Old Town, girl, sonic, D Polo
Really?

Deap-seated anger? Well, I do really hate the War on Drugs:
Quote:
It is a disaster. It is a make-work program for low intelligence / high paranoia and aggression dude-bros. It is proof that we learned little from Prohibition. It is in several iconic ways a failure. It has only succeeded in exacerbating most of the problems it was purported to defend against, in encroaching on the rights of everyone, in staining innocent bystanders with mayhem and death, in creating a generational 'us against them' mentality in some of our law enforcement and arming them to the teeth, in punishing people in a completely unproductive way for something that is in a great many scenarios a victimless action, in turning our own bodies and minds into the property of the state, in putting a shameful damper on research into how certain molecules might really help people in a clinical setting, in tearing people apart in a monstrous way instead of reaching out with information, harm reduction, and help, and treating people with dignity, understanding, and compassion.

It is anti-intellectual, anti-liberty, and anti-compassion. It is the product of small, insular, bigotted, ignorant minds and all the corrupt government agencies, law enforcement agencies, for-profit prison owners, and black market dealers from street to Columbian palace who profit royally from it. The problem is not psychoactive molecules, many of which have been used responsibly and medicinally for thousands of years and others of which show new promise in helping humans, the problem is our incredibly stupid approach and mindset toward them and our tired knee-jerk repetition of the status quo. Our inability to step outside of what's been drilled into us by the media and the government for most of our lives.
Frankly I don't understand the mindset of someone who still supports this. I've found views on the War on Drugs to be a pretty good barometer for whether we'll get along. Not the only determinant, not a hard and fast rule, but a pretty good barometer. I don't think I could ever date a woman, for instance, who bought in to the lies of the War on Drugs. It just shows too little thought and too much conformity and gullibility. Not attractive.

But in general I'm not a spiteful or angry person. I don't suffer fools very easily. While I am a kind person, and generally nice, I am perfectly fine with the cognitive dissonance of finding the good in people while simultaneously thinking horrible, uncharitable thoughts.
Quote:
I've sat back and just read you all fuel each other with hate.
Hate, huh?

Anyway, I've sat back and watched you hurl accusations (such as "you're trying to tell people what to do" at me, which I replied to in post # 243, which you never replied to, and a whole diatribe about how junior high we are, which I replied to in post # 314, which you never replied to). I would like to see your responses to these, if you would be so kind.
Quote:
Your deep seeded misplaced hate that spews from you.
The correct phrase is "deep-seated" though I think "deep-seeded" actually does make more metaphoric sense.

Look, Atalanta, in the end all I am really asking is to be left ALONE. You live your life the way you want to, and I'll live my life the way I want to, and so long as neither of us hurts or wrongs another person, we shall be fine. I mean, doesn't that make sense? That is what I advocate for.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:50 AM

5,644 posts, read 4,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Look in the mirror when you toke up today... are you really in your deepest heart of hearts and with clear conscience happy of an existence drugged out?
It won't be today, maybe next month, and yes I will be quite clear of conscience when I do.

I know who I am.

Last edited by Nepenthe; 02-19-2015 at 08:59 AM..

Old 02-19-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
You guys do such a good job at showing your deep seeded anger and immaturity, brownsfan, Vistaian, Nep, Old Town, girl, sonic, D Polo
It is really disturbing.

I vision you as a group up at a podium yelling with red faces slamming your fists on the podium, while shaking and saliva coming from your mouths.

Again, this group is really disturbing.

You go on and on with the put downs, the grandiose statements and comparisons to mentally put yourself above others that disagree. Over and over, post after post.
And when someone so daringly comes into this thread, you scoop them up and put down myself, officer to furthermore your false sense of self righteous.
If I was for legalizing recreational dope smoking, you guys would tick me off, cause you'd ruin it for the sane people trying to make the change.
Seriously, look at yourselves. Your deep seeded misplaced hate that spews from you.

Maybe you ought to look in the mirror instead of passing judgement, and making generalizations about people? And since when is having a constructive debate and debunking propaganda putting people down? You apparently are just mad, because you seem to want to control the actions of others, and support government force to do so! You will have to excuse those of us who place a high value on indvidual liberties and keeping the government out of the lives of individuals that cause no harm to others as the Founders of this great nation intended! I will always stand on and champion individual freedoms and liberties, and so long as a person's actions DO NOT cause harm to another individual I have no interest in seeking to restrict what someone does in their personal lives! LIVE AND LET LIVE!!!

Old 02-19-2015, 09:38 AM

9,824 posts, read 6,296,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
The current laws are ridiculous. The feds have no constitutional right to regulate drugs. I doubt that most state constitutions authorize state govts to do so, either.

My personal view is this: I have no problem with adults who consume MJ in their homes, and I wouldn't care if they grew it at home. I am only concerned about the public endangerment that comes from performing certain activities while impaired.
Actually... I hate to say this, because you know I'm anti-prohibition, but we had a big ol' debate on it over in the CO forums until I had to go and do my own research, and (again, much as I hate to be the one to say it) there IS legal grounds, based on the Constitution, for drug prohibition. It has to do with the wording of the Supremacy Clause. A duly enacted federal law, which prohibition was, cannot be nullified by a State. A Constitutional Amendment is not required, for something to be a duly enacted law. Now those laws can still be challenged by courts, they are subject to judicial review and interpretation and all. But those of us in CO who are enjoying "legal" weed are still breaking federal laws. The bottom line is simply that the STATE will no longer use its resources to enforce the federal law, which so far as I understand, we are not required to do. So basically, if the Feds want us, they can come and get us. If enough profit is there for them to do so, they might. But I don't see them messing with the small time users and such.

I really hope the Feds will wake up and de-schedule it soon. It should be up to each state to let the voters decide the matter. I would be perfectly OK with some states being "dry" where weed is concerned, if that's what the majority of their residents want. I'm just not OK with people being denied the right to use it because it threatens the profits of a handful of corporate giants, which no matter what prohibitionists think about the matter, is the ultimate reason it became illegal in the first place.

Quote:
It is really disturbing.

I vision you as a group up at a podium yelling with red faces slamming your fists on the podium, while shaking and saliva coming from your mouths.

Again, this group is really disturbing.

You go on and on with the put downs, the grandiose statements and comparisons to mentally put yourself above others that disagree. Over and over, post after post.
And when someone so daringly comes into this thread, you scoop them up and put down myself, officer to furthermore your false sense of self righteous.
If I was for legalizing recreational dope smoking, you guys would tick me off, cause you'd ruin it for the sane people trying to make the change.
Seriously, look at yourselves. Your deep seeded misplaced hate that spews from you.
I want to thank you for the laugh. Your imagination is colorful indeed. As I said before, maybe it's an all too human thing, to imagine those who disagree with you spewing anger and hate in your direction. It is inaccurate, but that is not my problem.

In fact, I typed every letter of every word, calmly at my desk. No podium. No red face. No saliva flying anywhere, no hate, and no anger.

If I seem a little passionate, it's because I feel a strong desire for others to understand my position and its reasons. I don't even use cannabis.But I believe in freedom. I cannot turn my back on the proud principles and traditions that our nation was built on. I cannot turn my back on the evidence of my own observation in at least dozens of cases. My stance is a logical one, and I won't stop making my points in the face of blind, ignorant chanting of ingrained propaganda. I have researched this topic in depth, I have written college papers on it. I have dug deep into all sides. It's not a black and white issue, but when you total up all of the facts, there is simply NO logical basis in the continued prohibition of cannabis.

To put it as simply as I know how, in summary of the many points I constantly reiterate:

Legal cannabis: Beneficial 85% (or more) Harmful 15% (A generous estimate)
Continued War on Drugs: Beneficial 5% (maybe?) Harmful 95%

I do not mean beneficial or harmful to users, growers, sellers, etc. I mean to society. I keep clacking out words on this keyboard because a couple of posts want to group everyone together who supports legalization, as a bunch of "dopers" or something. I am weighing the harm done to our SOCIETY by the War on Drugs. It is huge. I want it to end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or