U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2015, 10:10 PM

132 posts, read 107,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Blah, blah blah.
stop making excuses, don't try and dress this up... you are now a pothead!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 12:39 PM

10,361 posts, read 4,158,901 times
7 Stunning Figures That Sum Up Colorado's Marijuana Market

Pretty interesting.

1. $699 million in combined sales

2. $76 million in combined tax and licensing revenue

3. Recreational marijuana comprised 36% of total sales

4. More than 500,000 plants were cultivated each month

5. 2.85 million units of edible retail products were sold

6. 99.2% retail homogeneity test pass rate

7. 249 jurisdictions still ban marijuana

And not a single death! The sky hasn't fallen!

Old 03-09-2015, 03:54 PM

25,044 posts, read 11,670,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Its entirely possible you are wrong. I mean, a bale of pot could have fallen on someone, and been labeled a workplace accident. But lets be honest, if someone died from a large bale of pot its entirely possible we could call it someone dying from pot.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:00 PM

10,361 posts, read 4,158,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its entirely possible you are wrong. I mean, a bale of pot could have fallen on someone, and been labeled a workplace accident. But lets be honest, if someone died from a large bale of pot its entirely possible we could call it someone dying from pot.
I think we'd call that the Willie Nelson theory.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:18 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,281,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
7 Stunning Figures That Sum Up Colorado's Marijuana Market

Pretty interesting.

1. $699 million in combined sales

2. $76 million in combined tax and licensing revenue

3. Recreational marijuana comprised 36% of total sales

4. More than 500,000 plants were cultivated each month

5. 2.85 million units of edible retail products were sold

6. 99.2% retail homogeneity test pass rate

7. 249 jurisdictions still ban marijuana

Wrong
Marijuana cultivation has caused death and plenty of crime... destruction of the environment... social and physical... and there are several cases of marijuana related deaths... still.. I will agree.. pretty benign ... but still horrible for our world

Old 03-10-2015, 01:51 AM

4,094 posts, read 2,834,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Actually... I hate to say this, because you know I'm anti-prohibition, but we had a big ol' debate on it over in the CO forums until I had to go and do my own research, and (again, much as I hate to be the one to say it) there IS legal grounds, based on the Constitution, for drug prohibition. It has to do with the wording of the Supremacy Clause. A duly enacted federal law, which prohibition was, cannot be nullified by a State.
There is no clause in the United States Constitution that authorizes the federal govt to enact laws regulating the production/distribution/possesssion/consumption of marijuana. I fail to see how a law or regulation enacted outside the bounds of Constitutional authority can be considered duly enacted.

I won't even go into how the Supremacy Clause violates the 10th Amendment, and to the larger point, the very notion of federalism. Hamilton must've been delighted.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:35 AM

17,424 posts, read 14,902,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Wrong
Marijuana cultivation has caused death and plenty of crime... destruction of the environment... social and physical... and there are several cases of marijuana related deaths... still.. I will agree.. pretty benign ... but still horrible for our world
What do you mean "wrong"? These are stats issued by Colorado's government, are you saying they are lying/making them up? I don't get it.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:42 AM

5,644 posts, read 4,914,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
What do you mean "wrong"? These are stats issued by Colorado's government, are you saying they are lying/making them up? I don't get it.
He's protesting the last line, "And not a single death! The sky hasn't fallen!"

He's saying it has caused death and the sky is falling.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:36 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,281,666 times
The sky isnt falling.. well maybe it is... if you smoked some of the 30 plus percent thc bud laced with chemicals

Yum.. the 400 plus chemicals in smoked marijuana PLUS all the nice ones added.. from rotodane to molasses

But MARIJUANA associated deaths (including crimes committed by MJ folks... and as importantly injuries) are there...

Lovely Freddy Smoke. still on the run..that burned down a forest killing some poor man and burning out entire neighborhoods

We regularly get hash oil labs that burn down apartment buildings driving joe citizens out into the street

Two Denver deaths tied to recreational marijuana use - CBS News

Study Links Marijuana to Two Deaths

Cannabis 'kills 30,000 a year' | Daily Mail Online

First legal weed-related death reported in Colorado

Marijuana use linked to cardiovascular complications and death Medical News Today

Marijuana playing larger role in fatal crashes

This was an interesting site.. even if wrong ( and I believe it is) I loved the terminology... have fun potheads
Marijuana Related Deaths | MMYV

Tokerlosous... Ganja Gas.. that was some funny cheeit!!!!

Bottom line

Anything that alters the consciousness and stupefies the body can be dangerous.... as we get larger segments of the population showing up with tokers cough and thc addiction issues.. we will get a clearer picture..

I know this.. you smoke adulterated weed one time that has bad chemicals in it... you can destroy your lungs forever... now that sounds like a fun drug to recreate on.. add in heart disease and other risks... no thanks

Old 03-10-2015, 01:32 PM

5,644 posts, read 4,914,256 times
Quote:
have fun potheads
Can I ask why you're such a jerk?
Quote:
Anything that alters the consciousness and stupefies the body can be dangerous...
Fine. Altering my consciousness is one of my hobbies and my keys to happiness. Sometimes it involves exogenous molecules. Sometimes not. Guess I'll live dangerously and go on enjoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or