U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-20-2015, 12:36 PM
 
Location: zooland 1
3,744 posts, read 3,272,855 times
Reputation: 5495

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Not to minimize what happened but there are probably more teens killed by sober drives than 'high" drivers. Hardly every hear of anyone being convicted of "high-driving". In fact I hear of more people hitting someone while stuffing their face, putting on make up, texting and of course drinking .
Just wait until we get good PMS (preliminary marijuana screening) tests for MJ.... Im sure I could pop several people a day for it.. throw in stoned in public and you could arrest all day for it if you wanted

Lots of knee jerk emotional postings about freedoms... and the govt cannot tell me what I can do with my body... and its just a plant... arguments...

What comes out the other side when you actually experience doper nation behavior?

Most communities DONT like it and say no way.. some do embrace it for money and greed.. their folly...

You only have to look to California.. and if there is pushback here in the most liberal state in the US... well.. stand by

Once people actually start dealing with dopers laying around their streets.. sucking off the rest of the community.. grows out of control.. pollution.. destruction of the natural world, negative transformational changes to their neighborhoods they end up saying.. hey.. I didnt know THIS was going to happen and they dont like it.. which is exactly what has happened in California

You cannot trust a drugsters ONE IOTA.. I know because we have seen it over and over here.. 95 percent non compliance with the laws they crafted and and then violated..

And now there are a whole new set of laws..ones that were voted on

Its going to be a wild grow season... but now we have some good tools to address it ...

No more outdoor grows period (and there is a process to eliminate them)

Grows now have to be in permitted grow house
12 plants (which if grown properly equates to about 16000 joints for one person)
Filtration system for water.. and air pollution (and for those of you that dont know what a field of skunkweed smells like.. try selling your home with it next to you...)
Electrical grid use (because hey we are in a severe drought and electrical grid crisis here in California) If it comes down to food or dope,, hmm.. which will get priority.. sadly for some it will be dope
Approved alarm and lighting (because hey folks.. drugs are something that other people who use drugs like to STEAL!!! go figure).. Drugsters ripping off drugsters.. wow!!! who would have thought...

Because it was so wild west here and the problem was so bad this county completely outlawed medical dispensaries.. which were nothing more than sham dealer storefronts


Where do I see it all going

Americas thirst for drugs is insatiable... as is the money associated with any addictive behavior

I see eventual...
Some type of legalization
Big Agribiz and drug companies/tobacco companies/liquor companies taking it all over

In a pack..in a minimart.. sold to over 21 ,, good DUI tools..

End result.. those who seek to get high on anything will embrace another choice... those who dont will end up paying as we always have for those who seek a life less realized


In between.. there is the pesky fact of federal law,, fda studies.. and identifying all the issues the rest of us will have to pay for so a select selfish population can be stoned
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-20-2015, 12:46 PM
PJA
 
2,387 posts, read 2,376,414 times
Reputation: 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Just wait until we get good PMS (preliminary marijuana screening) tests for MJ.... Im sure I could pop several people a day for it.. throw in stoned in public and you could arrest all day for it if you wanted

Lots of knee jerk emotional postings about freedoms... and the govt cannot tell me what I can do with my body... and its just a plant... arguments...

What comes out the other side when you actually experience doper nation behavior?

Most communities DONT like it and say no way.. some do embrace it for money and greed.. their folly...

You only have to look to California.. and if there is pushback here in the most liberal state in the US... well.. stand by

Once people actually start dealing with dopers laying around their streets.. sucking off the rest of the community.. grows out of control.. pollution.. destruction of the natural world, negative transformational changes to their neighborhoods they end up saying.. hey.. I didnt know THIS was going to happen and they dont like it.. which is exactly what has happened in California

You cannot trust a drugsters ONE IOTA.. I know because we have seen it over and over here.. 95 percent non compliance with the laws they crafted and and then violated..

And now there are a whole new set of laws..ones that were voted on

Its going to be a wild grow season... but now we have some good tools to address it ...

No more outdoor grows period (and there is a process to eliminate them)

Grows now have to be in permitted grow house
12 plants (which if grown properly equates to about 16000 joints for one person)
Filtration system for water.. and air pollution (and for those of you that dont know what a field of skunkweed smells like.. try selling your home with it next to you...)
Electrical grid use (because hey we are in a severe drought and electrical grid crisis here in California) If it comes down to food or dope,, hmm.. which will get priority.. sadly for some it will be dope
Approved alarm and lighting (because hey folks.. drugs are something that other people who use drugs like to STEAL!!! go figure).. Drugsters ripping off drugsters.. wow!!! who would have thought...

Because it was so wild west here and the problem was so bad this county completely outlawed medical dispensaries.. which were nothing more than sham dealer storefronts


Where do I see it all going

Americas thirst for drugs is insatiable... as is the money associated with any addictive behavior

I see eventual...
Some type of legalization
Big Agribiz and drug companies/tobacco companies/liquor companies taking it all over

In a pack..in a minimart.. sold to over 21 ,, good DUI tools..

End result.. those who seek to get high on anything will embrace another choice... those who dont will end up paying as we always have for those who seek a life less realized


In between.. there is the pesky fact of federal law,, fda studies.. and identifying all the issues the rest of us will have to pay for so a select selfish population can be stoned

where's your proof that this will happen?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2015, 12:47 PM
 
463 posts, read 245,219 times
Reputation: 814
Does anyone else here get the impression that he is paid to write such idiocy?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2015, 01:03 PM
 
398 posts, read 465,476 times
Reputation: 533
Damn I was just in Garberville and didn't see any dopers laying around in the streets. Shoot.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2015, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Self explanatory
10,225 posts, read 4,113,536 times
Reputation: 14213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
Does anyone else here get the impression that he is paid to write such idiocy?
Well, he is. . .I mean, he is a cop.


Could also be said Law Enforcements thirst for money is insatiable... and the money associated with prohibition is their addiction.

Last edited by Old Town FFX; 03-20-2015 at 01:19 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2015, 01:08 PM
PJA
 
2,387 posts, read 2,376,414 times
Reputation: 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by suz1023 View Post
Damn I was just in Garberville and didn't see any dopers laying around in the streets. Shoot.
I'm laying in the streets typing this as we speak.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2015, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Keller, TX
5,644 posts, read 4,898,120 times
Reputation: 4047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
Does anyone else here get the impression that he is paid to write such idiocy?
I kind of have that feeling. He's like an officer-bot. I don't think he's passed the Turing Test though.

Oh well. It's not that shocking I guess. People like him exist. We know this. I don't want to necessarily befriend any of them, or have them be any sort of influence in my life, and I'd love to put them out of work. But small minds will continue to exist.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2015, 01:24 PM
PJA
 
2,387 posts, read 2,376,414 times
Reputation: 1123
It just sounds like he's spouting off a bunch of rhetoric with no evidence support his claims.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2015, 01:38 PM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,908 posts, read 9,642,118 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Just wait until we get good PMS (preliminary marijuana screening) tests for MJ.... Im sure I could pop several people a day for it.. throw in stoned in public and you could arrest all day for it if you wanted

Lots of knee jerk emotional postings about freedoms... and the govt cannot tell me what I can do with my body... and its just a plant... arguments...

What comes out the other side when you actually experience doper nation behavior?

Most communities DONT like it and say no way.. some do embrace it for money and greed.. their folly...

You only have to look to California.. and if there is pushback here in the most liberal state in the US... well.. stand by

Once people actually start dealing with dopers laying around their streets.. sucking off the rest of the community.. grows out of control.. pollution.. destruction of the natural world, negative transformational changes to their neighborhoods they end up saying.. hey.. I didnt know THIS was going to happen and they dont like it.. which is exactly what has happened in California

You cannot trust a drugsters ONE IOTA.. I know because we have seen it over and over here.. 95 percent non compliance with the laws they crafted and and then violated..

And now there are a whole new set of laws..ones that were voted on

Its going to be a wild grow season... but now we have some good tools to address it ...

No more outdoor grows period (and there is a process to eliminate them)

Grows now have to be in permitted grow house
12 plants (which if grown properly equates to about 16000 joints for one person)
Filtration system for water.. and air pollution (and for those of you that dont know what a field of skunkweed smells like.. try selling your home with it next to you...)
Electrical grid use (because hey we are in a severe drought and electrical grid crisis here in California) If it comes down to food or dope,, hmm.. which will get priority.. sadly for some it will be dope
Approved alarm and lighting (because hey folks.. drugs are something that other people who use drugs like to STEAL!!! go figure).. Drugsters ripping off drugsters.. wow!!! who would have thought...

Because it was so wild west here and the problem was so bad this county completely outlawed medical dispensaries.. which were nothing more than sham dealer storefronts


Where do I see it all going

Americas thirst for drugs is insatiable... as is the money associated with any addictive behavior

I see eventual...
Some type of legalization
Big Agribiz and drug companies/tobacco companies/liquor companies taking it all over

In a pack..in a minimart.. sold to over 21 ,, good DUI tools..

End result.. those who seek to get high on anything will embrace another choice... those who dont will end up paying as we always have for those who seek a life less realized


In between.. there is the pesky fact of federal law,, fda studies.. and identifying all the issues the rest of us will have to pay for so a select selfish population can be stoned


Ending prohibition and the rescheduling of cannabis would cut down on a lot of what you've stated. While it may be legal for medical purposes under your state law, the Feds still don't recognize it, and could if they wanted to enforce it. So, of course when you only have certain areas where it is legal (be it medical or recreational) when in the majority of places it is still illegal, you're going to have the presence of a strong black market.

As for the issue of people driving stoned, and would they still do it? Yeah probably. But then the same rules would apply as with driving drunk. As for people seeking whatever to get high on. They're going to do it legal or not! I'd rather see people smoke a little weed to catch a buzz, than some of the crap that is out there! I watched a DVR'd episode of Intervention the other night of a girl that was hooked on inhalants. She would buy computer duster daily, and went through about 5 cans of stuff a day! You want to talk about someone who was border line schiz? I've never seen anybody high on cannabis act that way. Legalizing it may also cut down on the use of other dangerous substances. Will others still seek other drugs? Sure. I have a neighbor who hates pot, and said cocaine would be his drug of choice, but being it's so highly addictive, and expensive, as well as the feeling you allegedly get when you come down (I wouldn't know BTW because I've never done it, nor want to) is why he doesn't mess with it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2015, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Colorado
9,734 posts, read 6,265,376 times
Reputation: 17549
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Well,,, actually I see firsthand how bad marijuana.. and more importantly how marijuana culture is bad for the world

Where I live it pits neighbor against neighbor.. literally thousands of people who do not hold the sustaining values and mores of the community moved here from other places with the sole purpose to produce pot.. and do so illegally for the most part..under the guise of being legal. These people did not come to be valuable members of the community.. they came to be drug dealers cashing in on the lucrative wave of the drug trade that took much of the product out of state.. to support the habits and THIRST for drugs from other places. After wholesale destruction of the environment... the jump in use of county services including social welfare (great... growers not only made their money but sucked off the rest of us as well).. the people doing this aren't interested in being part of the community.. by their very nature as drug purveyors they seek anonymity... the amount of criminals that moved from other states I can tell you the stable population said enough... and new county ordinances were developed... and now have taken hold in surrounding counties and are being looked at by most counties in California.. WHY???? You ask.. people who use drugs cannot effectively self regulate

There has been very low compliance with the laws the drugsters helped craft.. somewhere around 5 percent as reported and studied by county health and our sheriff.. and from my seat of the pants view also accurate


Every promise made by MJ users has been violated
Amount..location.. sales.. transportation... taxation.. use.. every single one

We were successful here,, the ACLU challenged us and lost miserably.. lets hope the momentium for balance keeps moving in the right direction

Marijuana for very specific medical conditions.. ok.. I can live with that

Wholesale use ...no...

Reality is.. and has been for probably 20 years here in California we rarely even cite for personal use.. as long as some other asshat behavior isn't going on...

Funny ..how people who use drugs seem to engage in stupid or obnoxious behavior or criminality.. funny how that works isnt it...
You keep talking this line about "I've seen it! I've seen it! The moral decay, the dopers, the environmental ruin!!" But we're not seeing it here, man. I'll toss a new hypothesis out there, maybe like with so many things, Californians just can't seem to get it right? I mean look at energy deregulation. Even Texas does that better than you guys.

Just a thought...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
Does anyone else here get the impression that he is paid to write such idiocy?
Oh...you test my resolve, Vistaian...mmm...

...


*mutters something about punctuation and a clearance rack* ...better not.

Though I have always amused myself with the observation that when one reads debates between prohibitionists and "dopers," one group displays a markedly higher degree of apparent literacy. I would say it's ironic, except that most pot users I've known are quite intelligent and well read.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top