U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2015, 02:38 PM

10,544 posts, read 4,258,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Well thanks for valuing my opinion!!!

The article states... which is better...and the conclusion....WITH caveats is that mj is the better of the two substances... which I agree with...

Do I want doper behavior or alcoholics surrounding me... no

Which one is more destructive to my community right now.... marijuana by far... alcohol is highly controlled

Do you want your kid on either?
If I had kids(which I can't), and they were over 21, I would have very little input in what they chose in imbibe in. If they were doing something self destructive, I would certainly have something to say, but if they wanted to smoke a spliff, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

What responsible people do with their bodies is no choice of mine. Someone who occasionally partakes in cannabis is no more a doper than someone who has a beer with the boys is an alcoholic.

How many people die because of alcohol? How many are hospitalized because of alcohol? How many people batte alcohol addiction? You don't think that booze doesn't have a negative impact?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 02:42 PM

5,650 posts, read 4,949,537 times
Quote:
ALL drugs are destructive...
This is a profoundly ignorant view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
The worst part is he is the one with the gun and the badge.
Yep. It's no surprise, I suppose, what other view would we really expect from someone in that line of work?

A drug is just a molecule, a tool with an effect. It can be used responsibly, in moderation, constructively, or it can be abused. That's true of most activities and substances.
-----------------------
Speaking of drugs as tools, here's a hallucinogenic drugs thread: Hallucinogenic Drugs - what do you think?

Old 03-21-2015, 05:50 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,301,312 times
Quote:
I am going to have to stop reading his posts, they are too depressing. For someone to be so flat out wrong about so many things yet be so convinced he is right, causing him to be completely closed minded, is downright depressing.

The worst part is he is the one with the gun and the badge.
Excellent..one less person lost to drugs I have to interact with,,,

But.. you should be happy that a policeman would even speak with drugsters..99 percent of us think.. why.. they wont listen anyway.. they only listen to the driumbeat of getting high... it may seem futile but i think there is hope for most of you,, and Im not ready to give up on any generation or turn a blind eye to drug behavior... dont agree with me.. fine... I state what is occurring where I work and live.. you dont like it.. and the "pushback" I always talk about comes from the community not me... if one day the law states that MJ is legal and not to enforce any law regarding it.. I will do so.. without any case of the ass

Ive already posted the "pushback" ordinances for California.. sorry that you dont think the voters wishes who voted in fair elections should be followed.
Im looking forward to harvest time....

Old 03-22-2015, 04:32 AM

4,112 posts, read 2,862,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I am not 100% that you are actually a cop.
Indeed. Most officers aren't loose-lipped.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Excellent... one less person lost to drugs I have to interact with...
Really? That guy?

Your grasp of reality seems tenuous at best, if based solely on the quote above and by reference to Vistaian's postings in this thread (let alone all the other things you've said). And you come off as lost to intolerance, prejudice, and narrow-mindedness.
Quote:
But... you should be happy that a policeman would even speak with drugsters...
Oh yes, thank you for blessing us all with your charisma, intuition, and insight. We are truly fortunate you've allowed yourself to grace us with your presence.
Quote:
...it may seem futile but i think there is hope for most of you...
You, on the other hand, seem hopeless to me. It has been futile to speak with you. Your ultra-uptight, controlling, closed-minded attitude toward consciousness and altered states thereof is the most disturbing part to me personally; I'm sure it varies for others here.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Really? That guy?

Your grasp of reality seems tenuous at best, if based solely on the quote above and by reference to Vistaian's postings in this thread (let alone all the other things you've said). And you come off as lost to intolerance, prejudice, and narrow-mindedness.Oh yes, thank you for blessing us all with your charisma, intuition, and insight. We are truly fortunate you've allowed yourself to grace us with your presence.You, on the other hand, seem hopeless to me. It has been futile to speak with you. Your ultra-uptight, controlling, closed-minded attitude toward consciousness and altered states thereof is the most disturbing part to me personally; I'm sure it varies for others here.
And this almighty epiphany occurred when.. during an altered state?

One of the things that most people will find as a truth in life.. people who use drugs.. seek drugs and incorporate drugs into the central theme of their lives cannot be trusted.. nor can their system of self checks and balances... from how they interact with neighbors,, how they interact in public.. and how they look at themselves...

Colorado realized this.. and the governor realizes it.. which is why most Colorado counties have chosen to have NOTHING to do with marijuana... the money that comes with it does not outweigh all the heartache and lack of positive direction that comes along with any stupefying drug.

If potheads, dopers.. or plain regular working joe marijuana aficionados really wanted to get their act together they would self police and take care of all the ancillary issues that come from expanded drug use .. they would reduce their impact upon the system.. but they do not

Will the world end and refer madness occur.. of course not.. those idiots who are attracted to drugs right now in hardcore fashion.. maybe 10-15 of the population will still do so no matter whether any drug is legal or illegal

My point and stance all along is that we as a society do not need to cater to your sickness... in any fashion.. we don't need to accommodate you.. you need to fit in with us... as law and voting perscribes... and when that changes.. Ill go with the flow

Thanks for telling me you're not going to discourse anymore...

Next?

Old 03-23-2015, 11:46 AM

404 posts, read 471,911 times
[quote=notmeofficer;38925220]And this almighty epiphany occurred when.. during an altered state?

One of the things that most people will find as a truth in life.. people who use drugs.. seek drugs and incorporate drugs into the central theme of their lives cannot be trusted.. nor can their system of self checks and balances... from how they interact with neighbors,, how they interact in public.. and how they look at themselves...
QUOTE]

How's that kool aid taste today?

Old 03-23-2015, 11:49 AM

463 posts, read 247,586 times
Quote:
Colorado realized this.. and the governor realizes it.. which is why most Colorado counties have chosen to have NOTHING to do with marijuana...
You better stick with California. You have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Colorado. Your statement is absolutely false and I praise you for posting it. It allows others who might still be making up their mind about you to see that you will spout any nonsense you want if you think it will help your position.

I have a tidbit of information for you. Anytime you post erroneous information it actually hurts your cause because you lose that much more credibility.

BTW, the counties you refer to in Colorado decided not to allow sales in their county until they see how it goes in the counties that allow sales. NONE of them have any problem with residents growing their own or possession, which is what state law allows. NONE of them have a problem with what they have seen so far. Come check it out if you like, Colorado is doing just fine...

Quote:
the money that comes with it does not outweigh all the heartache and lack of positive direction that comes along with any stupefying drug.
That remark seals the deal when it comes to your ignorance of the plant called cannabis. It is hardly "stupefying" at all, and anyone with even a small amount of experience with it knows that.

Please, continue to post. You lose that much more credibility with each one.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
And this almighty epiphany occurred when... during an altered state?
Yes, because I do five different drugs at a time morning noon and evening of every single day. Because if I ever do any drug at all I must be a "drugster" who is dragging down society and raping small children, I couldn't possibly be a responsible, occasional user who enjoys it for its effect on classical music, the added enjoyment while painting, and its sensual enhancement.
Quote:
One of the things that most people will find as a truth in life...
Most people use or have used drugs.
Quote:
...people who use drugs... cannot be trusted...
Riiiiight. They're all the same, every last one of them. They're not like 'decent folk' who wouldn't dream of stepping outside of the straight and narrow.
Quote:
...have chosen to have NOTHING to do with marijuana...
That's not really a choice they can make, now is it? People use it in those areas anyway.
Quote:
...we as a society do not need to cater to your sickness...
Just hilarious. I think we need to stop pandering to the sickness of those who want to CONTROL what others do. That is the real ill we're discussing here. The ruining of lives by law enforcement.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
You better stick with California. You have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Colorado. Your statement is absolutely false and I praise you for posting it. It allows others who might still be making up their mind about you to see that you will spout any nonsense you want if you think it will help your position.

I have a tidbit of information for you. Anytime you post erroneous information it actually hurts your cause because you lose that much more credibility.

BTW, the counties you refer to in Colorado decided not to allow sales in their county until they see how it goes in the counties that allow sales. NONE of them have any problem with residents growing their own or possession, which is what state law allows. NONE of them have a problem with what they have seen so far. Come check it out if you like, Colorado is doing just fine...

That remark seals the deal when it comes to your ignorance of the plant called cannabis. It is hardly "stupefying" at all, and anyone with even a small amount of experience with it knows that.

Please, continue to post. You lose that much more credibility with each one.
Counties dont want it

Otero County says no to weed business | The Pueblo Chieftain
Colorado Cities Ban Pot Retailers in Face of Drug Binge - Bloomberg Business

Pro marijuana groups want to self police

Anti-Pot Sheriffs File Lawsuit Against Colorado Legalization - US News

Locals dont want it

| SummitDaily.com

Druggies try to shove it down the throat of locals

Granby moves to block marijuana shop | SkyHiDailyNews.com

And its soooooooo good for you

Colorado's legal pot is THREE TIMES stronger than it was 30 years ago | Daily Mail Online

Clash of cultures but sheriff tries to bring them together.. successful..who knows

How Legal Marijuana Has Affected the Roaring Fork Valley

Colorado taking California pot.. increasing the drought here

Why California's Best Weed Is Being Smuggled to Colorado and Washington | Motherboard

Communities pushing back

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/27/us...y-no.html?_r=0

The overuse of the power grid to grow pot.. 1 percent in Colorado.. 3 in California...it will only get worse

One surprising downside of marijuana legalization: major energy use - The Washington Post

Where does the money go.. well a lot ends up having to police the people using it

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/everyth...-la#.aoradV722

Pot still mostly prohibited in Colorado.. and users turn to recreational pot to avoid taxes

Medical marijuana users in Colorado turn to recreational pot to avoid federal scrutiny

Other states see the Colorado experiment and say ..no thanks

Opinion: Colorado's experience shows why legalized marijuana is wrong for New Jersey | NJ.com

67 jurisdictions out of 321 allowed it in some form in 2014... 228 banned it all together.... and now many of those are coming at outlawing it through county ordinances

So.... I guess every source and or opinion is wrong?

So.. am I correct in my statement most jurisdictions in Colorado dont want it...

Please do tell?

As far as being a stupefying drug.. marijuana is.. by its very definition as a CNS depressant

Depressant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Marijuana Fact Sheet

Stupefy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Am I wrong about what a stupefying drug is? or is it perhaps you dont know what the word meant.. or do you disagree with its accepted definition?

Have fun educating yourself...

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or