U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2015, 04:44 PM

463 posts, read 245,706 times

Advertisements

Unbelievable.

First: The counties you quote say no to sales. No counties are trying to buck state law and "ban it altogether". That is your wording and you are putting a spin on facts, like many prohibitionists do.

I live here. I listen to the local news. Most opinions around here are positive, including the governor's, and it is backed up by the results of various studies. No one is trying to ban personal cultivation or possession in ANY county. Again, come see. We are doing fine, thank you very much.

Second: The anti-pot sheriffs cannot find a single reason to base their law suit on except the fact that it contradicts federal law. In other words, they can't find any evidence of problems being caused, they don't have a bunch of constituents that wants the law changed, they simply say they can't uphold two different laws that contradict each other. So here is the reality: The lawsuit has nothing to do with the plant itself or its effects on society, it is based only in politics.

Third: Stronger cannabis is a actually a good thing, not a bad thing. It simply takes that much less to achieve the desired effect, which is healthier than ingesting more material. But I expect that logic will fly right over your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
So.... I guess every source and or opinion is wrong?
For each and every one of those "opinions" I could cite more than a dozen that provides sane, logical, and factual evidence that prohibition is wrong. There is no need to cite them here, because you will not respond to them. You have already been pinned down on LEAP and you refused to give any substantial rebuttal at all.

I have already asked you and Atalanta's opinion on this 4 minute video of a sane and logical approach about to be introduced in congress, and you completely ignored it. Would you care to comment now? If you do, please address the facts, not the politics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=texEvnmciy4

Quote:
So.. am I correct in my statement most jurisdictions in Colorado dont want it...

Please do tell?
With the spin you are trying to place on it, no you are not correct. They were not willing to try retail sales at first, and there have been no elections or public votes since then. But based on local sentiment, I predict many of these counties will approve retail sales the next time it comes up for a vote.

But as I said before NONE of them are trying to re-implement prohibition.
Quote:
As far as being a stupefying drug.. marijuana is.. by its very definition as a CNS depressant
Quote all you want to on that subject. It will do no good. Medical definitions for cannabis are quite out of date because it has been illegal to research cannabis for the last 77 years!

Last edited by Vistaian; 03-23-2015 at 05:26 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 05:39 PM

10,297 posts, read 4,140,497 times
In addition, it shows just how uninformed people can be.

By it's definition, cannabis can be both a stimulant and/or depressant.

Marijuana's effects on human cognitive functions, psychomotor funct... - PubMed - NCBI

Quote:
Like alcohol, marijuana acts as both stimulant and depressant
Surely an officer with such an established track record regarding cannabis would know that sativas and indicas produce different effects.

Sativas are peppy, heady, lets go hike/surf/take in some nature/clean the house, whereas Indicas are more for end of the night, get couch locked and relax type of feel.

If you'd like to take 30min or so to understand how these compounds work, check this out. Brought to you by SC Laboratories and WeedMaps.tv in California.

Last edited by Old Town FFX; 03-23-2015 at 05:50 PM..

Old 03-23-2015, 06:17 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,278,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
Unbelievable.

First: The counties you quote say no to sales. No counties are trying to buck state law and "ban it altogether". That is your wording and you are putting a spin on facts, like many prohibitionists do.

I live here. I listen to the local news. Most opinions around here are positive, including the governor's, and it is backed up by the results of various studies. No one is trying to ban personal cultivation or possession in ANY county. Again, come see. We are doing fine, thank you very much.

Second: The anti-pot sheriffs cannot find a single reason to base their law suit on except the fact that it contradicts federal law. In other words, they can't find any evidence of problems being caused, they don't have a bunch of constituents that wants the law changed, they simply say they can't uphold two different laws that contradict each other. So here is the reality: The lawsuit has nothing to do with the plant itself or its effects on society, it is based only in politics.

Third: Stronger cannabis is a actually a good thing, not a bad thing. It simply takes that much less to achieve the desired effect, which is healthier than ingesting more material. But I expect that logic will fly right over your head.

For each and every one of those "opinions" I could cite more than a dozen that provides sane, logical, and factual evidence that prohibition is wrong. There is no need to cite them here, because you will not respond to them. You have already been pinned down on LEAP and you refused to give any substantial rebuttal at all.

I have already asked you and Atalanta's opinion on this 4 minute video of a sane and logical approach about to be introduced in congress, and you completely ignored it. Would you care to comment now? If you do, please address the facts, not the politics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=texEvnmciy4

With the spin you are trying to place on it, no you are not correct. They were not willing to try retail sales at first, and there have been no elections or public votes since then. But based on local sentiment, I predict many of these counties will approve retail sales the next time it comes up for a vote.

But as I said before NONE of them are trying to re-implement prohibition.

Quote all you want to on that subject. It will do no good. Medical definitions for cannabis are quite out of date because it has been illegal to research cannabis for the last 77 years!

Hunh...
If the county doesn't want it.. and makes ordinances against it... that means whether its legal or illegal to have it within the state... it wont happen... or am I missing something? Please explain it how I got it wrong.. if its illegal to sell.. or illegal to grow because of a more restrictive county ordinance.. its still illegal right?.. either it is ..or isnt.. and the courts have already rountinely held counties have the right to restrict marijuana through other laws

Several counties from Colorado have been speaking with California counties wanting to know how we controlled the problem.. and from what I see they are using similar methods.. zoning.. and building and resource codes... which have all been upheld by the supremes of the ninth...

Quoting fact is something people who use MJ seem to dismiss,,, yum...like your dose of mold and all the other junk you put in your lungs today (not you personally because I dont know if you use.. I assume by your stance you do).. I mean the general MJ user population

A definition is a definition.. I guess Websters is wrong

As to My fix it... yes,, marijuana can technically be both a CNS depressant or stimulant depending upon the strain.. whether its mile high.. or go slow brand.... THC.. the active ingredient is a CNS... hence stupefying drug.. always has been ..always will be.. and your medical reclassification doesnt meet with the accepted medical literature...

Please.. dont get stuck in the black gooey thc tar... it slows the synapses

thank you

Old 03-23-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Apparently.

Marijuana - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Full Definition of MARIJUANA

: hemp 1a, c
: the dried leaves and flowering tops of the pistillate hemp plant that yield THC and are smoked in cigarettes for their intoxicating effect — compare bhang, cannabis, hashish
See marijuana defined for English-language learners
See marijuana defined for kids

Old 03-23-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Hunh...
If the county doesn't want it.. and makes ordinances against it... that means whether its legal or illegal to have it within the state... it wont happen... or am I missing something? Please explain it how I got it wrong.. if its illegal to sell.. or illegal to grow because of a more restrictive county ordinance.. its still illegal right?.. either it is ..or isnt.. and the courts have already rountinely held counties have the right to restrict marijuana through other laws
There are no counties where it is illegal to grow for personal use. The normal restrictions you are familiar with apply: 6 plants total, only 3 in flowering at any given time, indoor only in an area secure from minors, etc.

No county has challenged that. No county has even wanted to, to my knowledge. As far as I know, counties cannot restrict these basic rights conveyed by the state without facing a big fight.

Quote:
Several counties from Colorado have been speaking with California counties wanting to know how we controlled the problem.. and from what I see they are using similar methods.. zoning.. and building and resource codes... which have all been upheld by the supremes of the ninth...
Again, you are referring to sales and commercial growing. There are counties that allow medical sales only, others that allow medical and retail sales, and still others that allow neither. But even the ones that allow neither still allow personal cultivation, possession, and adult use in your own home.
Quote:
Quoting fact is something people who use MJ seem to dismiss,,, yum...like your dose of mold and all the other junk you put in your lungs today (not you personally because I dont know if you use.. I assume by your stance you do).. I mean the general MJ user population
Mold on quality indoor grown cannabis? No, sorry. Your lung card doesn't play well either, because, as I have told you before, I have been using it for going on 44 years now. There are many more of us long term users than you realize, yet no cases of lung problems have surfaced.
Quote:
I can assure you that because of careful selection of the strain that works best for me, the result is anything but stupefying. In fact, whatever is the opposite of stupefying would be much more applicable.
Quote:
Please.. dont get stuck in the black gooey thc tar... it slows the synapses
That's funny!

Old 03-23-2015, 06:45 PM

398 posts, read 466,434 times
Officer friendly just wants to be right, he doesn't care about being correct.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:30 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,278,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
There are no counties where it is illegal to grow for personal use. The normal restrictions you are familiar with apply: 6 plants total, only 3 in flowering at any given time, indoor only in an area secure from minors, etc.

No county has challenged that. No county has even wanted to, to my knowledge. As far as I know, counties cannot restrict these basic rights conveyed by the state without facing a big fight.

Again, you are referring to sales and commercial growing. There are counties that allow medical sales only, others that allow medical and retail sales, and still others that allow neither. But even the ones that allow neither still allow personal cultivation, possession, and adult use in your own home.
Mold on quality indoor grown cannabis? No, sorry. Your lung card doesn't play well either, because, as I have told you before, I have been using it for going on 44 years now. There are many more of us long term users than you realize, yet no cases of lung problems have surfaced.

I can assure you that because of careful selection of the strain that works best for me, the result is anything but stupefying. In fact, whatever is the opposite of stupefying would be much more applicable.

That's funny!
cool...we can both have a good laugh...

I still feel sad for you for 44 years of drug use ... it undoubtedly has harmed you to some extent... you would be a great case for a forensic autopsy where we could cut your brain into slices and compare it to the brain of known non drug users.

I think if you answer honestly you know that mj can absolutely stupefy you ... look at at any pro mj use site... many "patients" use it to relax and sleep.. but you know better than I... sure there are strains that can pump you ... thirty percent toxicity can so that with any substance... at the end of the day... marijuana makes you mellow.. isn't that the mantra of every user justifying how peaceful potheads are?

As far as mold and us getting off topic... numerous pro mj sites warn of it.. as well as bunk adulteration by unscrupulous money makers
Everything you are fighting for is tobacco 2... it will come... will you have peace then ?

Old 03-23-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
I still feel sad for you for 44 years of drug use ... it undoubtedly has harmed you to some extent...
I'm not sure how you can be so convinced of that. I'm the one with the 44 years of experience, and to be honest, there was a span of about 3 years in the middle of that when I did not use it. As it turned out, those were the least productive years of my life. So for you to judge my physical and/or mental condition from 3 states away I think is rather presumptuous. Especially when you compare me to my alcoholic brother. He's been an alcoholic all his life, and I would have been too if not for cannabis. There is no comparison between his physical condition and mine.

Quote:
you would be a great case for a forensic autopsy where we could cut your brain into slices and compare it to the brain of known non drug users.
I've always thought the same thing! But why wait? If we were to meet face to face, in a cordial setting, I would ask you to point to the problems that I must be having because of long term use. If you were unable to do so, now matter how deeply into my life you delved, would it change your thinking in any way?

Quote:
I think if you answer honestly you know that mj can absolutely stupefy you
Oh, absolutely! I did not mean to infer that it can't, I just wanted to balance your position that it does. It absolutely does not stupefy all users in all situations, which I know is what you were trying to infer.
Quote:
As far as mold and us getting off topic... numerous pro mj sites warn of it.. as well as bunk adulteration by unscrupulous money makers
Which really isn't relevant if you grow your own and know what you are doing. But even if it were relevant, you are helping to make my case. As long as it is prohibited and thusly supplied largely by the black market, then you are right, all kinds of unscrupulous people can cause all sorts of problems. If it were legal and regulated in a way that resembles alcohol regulations, then quality would be assured (government standards would require no mold, for example). And many of the other problems you associate with cannabis would go away also if black market sales were no longer attractive enough to the unscrupulous people to make it worth their time.
Quote:
Everything you are fighting for is tobacco 2... it will come... will you have peace then ?
Cannabis does not resemble tobacco in any way, form, or effect, except that smoking it is one way to ingest it.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:52 AM

2,868 posts, read 2,848,150 times
Only reading the original post and the article I would say perhaps the state needs to regulate and tax it like they do alcohol and tobacco. Growing it for sale would require a license (like a brewery). Restrict it to adults like alcohol and tobacco. Let businesses and schools set their own policies regarding its possession and use like you do with alcohol and tobacco. Set/determine limits of what a person could grow/have for their private use and what constitutes dealing. All of this would probably satisfy about 90% of sincere users, all but the ever-present radical fringe.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Only reading the original post and the article I would say perhaps the state needs to regulate and tax it like they do alcohol and tobacco. Growing it for sale would require a license (like a brewery). Restrict it to adults like alcohol and tobacco. Let businesses and schools set their own policies regarding its possession and use like you do with alcohol and tobacco. Set/determine limits of what a person could grow/have for their private use and what constitutes dealing. All of this would probably satisfy about 90% of sincere users, all but the ever-present radical fringe.
All of that is in place in Colorado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or