U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 09:28 PM

17,601 posts, read 14,997,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
As an outsider looking in, I'm sad that the Gov. has regrets about the legalization. I was hoping it would bring Colo. revenue and encourage more scientific research on the drug's possible health benefits.

Maybe some of you saw the CNN special about the children suffering from debilitating seizures. A special strain on MJ helped reduce the seizures dramatically.
"Regrets" doesn't really apply here because that implies he had been for it and now wishes he hadn't...but he was always against it per the article OP linked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 09:34 PM

607 posts, read 592,871 times
I just think it will take time to work things out..also, keep in mind that the republicans have been making inroads per the midterm in colo, so now that makes the democrats push more middle of the road/right......

Who said this would work right away, let alone perfectly?

Also, has the legalized alcohol deal worked out perfectly since 1932? Hardly, and still does not.

My guess is, with proper work on this, the legal MJ thing will work out infinitely better than alcohol ever did or could in just 5-10 years...

It takes patience.....something most politicians have little of...

Old 01-24-2015, 09:37 PM

13,733 posts, read 25,387,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkuzminski View Post
Also, has the legalized alcohol deal worked out perfectly since 1932? Hardly, and still does not.
I used to believe in perfection, then I became an adult and gained the understanding that the world doesn't work that way. Instead of searching for the perfect solution, what we need is the best possible solution.

Prohibition is not the best possible solution.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:51 PM

607 posts, read 592,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I used to believe in perfection, then I became an adult and gained the understanding that the world doesn't work that way. Instead of searching for the perfect solution, what we need is the best possible solution.

Prohibition is not the best possible solution.
eaxctly...we live in an imperfect world....this will simply take time, and is far better than banning something that grows natural in fields......never did quite get that...

Old 01-24-2015, 10:52 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,169,894 times
Do these jokers honestly believe all the BS myths about weed? If you went by the anti drug propaganda you'd think weed was just like meth/cocaine. And I wouldn't be surprised if he has smoked before.

Amazing how such stupid incompetent people can be a politician.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:30 PM

8,042 posts, read 3,786,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post

Wow. How absurd. I have not seen a more two-faced post in a long long time. You have no desire to learn anything about the plant, prohibition, or the "ills of dope". Yours is plain and simple a culture war against "hippie dopers".

You're such a big part of the problem.
I am not being hypocritical in the least. My statement is factual, and my opinion sound. Far be it for me to judge what someone in genuine medical need of a drug should receive it or not. However for my support and those like me, it must be limited to those who it is promoted for, not the dopers who want to use it for recreational use.

See the problem people like you have is that once you get the foot in the door, you want to kick it open. We have seen what happened in CA, so in reality, when laws fail to pass in places like FL for medical use, people like you are to blame for the aforementioned reasons. Think about that, and see if you can be intellectually honest enough to admit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
What does this even mean, "pro dope"? No one is promoting the use of pot for anyone, and many in the legalization camp don't now and in some cases never, used pot. Pro legalization is not the same thing as "pro pot" I don't know where you got that from but it's not an accurate term to apply here.
Don't kid yourself, as you sound either nave or an apologist for those who support the cause. Sure not everyone is a pothead themselves, as some conservatives and libertarians who have never even inhaled may support decriminalization/legalization. However many of the advocates are in fact potheads and represent groups that are not ashamed to say so. Heck when medical pot was put on the FL ballot, many a sign was being held up by the dopers who represented NORML and other pro pot user groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Not just "dope" but "hippie dopers." Hippie? That would be someone of the boomer generation between the ages of 55-75. These are the people being referred to?

Not all hippies are from the 60's. Heck I just saw a store that was called the modern hippie full of the type of junk the idiots wore back in the day. I guess fashion never completely goes out of style and reinvents itself.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:54 PM

13,733 posts, read 25,387,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
so in reality, when laws fail to pass in places like FL for medical use
In reality, 58 percent of Florida voters voted yes to the amendment.

In reality, none of the statewide measures on the 2014 ballots failed to get a majority vote.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:48 AM

5,690 posts, read 5,928,251 times
The people have spoken, pot is legal, deal with it.

Some people may do things with their freedom that you may not like or approve of but that does not make freedom a bad thing.

Old 01-25-2015, 01:04 AM

2,639 posts, read 5,074,496 times
Opinion:

A person should be able to do whatever they feel like doing, in the privacy and sanctity of their own home, so long as it doesn't cause a direct physical, emotional or financial harm to any other person.

Want to film your own 2 Girls 1 Cup with the neighbor sorority girls? You go on ahead and do it. If one wants to back out, you let them without incident.

Want to marry 5 wives and deal with the absolute stress and drama that goes along with? You go on and do that, as long as it's not another man's wife.

Want to gamble your life savings away on horse races or whatever online? You go ahead and do that, as long as you don't get caught up in some mob nonsense that jeopardizes your neighbors or family.

With weed, I feel that as long as you don't do it in public, in your car, anywhere you expose someone else to it, you should be allowed to carry and do whatever. In your house, with the doors/windows tightly closed? Puff to your heart's content.

That's what really would make this easier: The Feds should simply say, "fine, you want to smoke weed? You can, in your house. Don't let a cop see it, and you do whatever you want."

Old 01-25-2015, 08:06 AM

8,042 posts, read 3,786,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
In reality, 58 percent of Florida voters voted yes to the amendment.

In reality, none of the statewide measures on the 2014 ballots failed to get a majority vote.
The appeal for medical pot is there when emotionally wrenching examples are used to try and have it legally available. Even people against general pot usage will vote for medical pot. However the anti-pot group used some powerful arguments as well (i.e. give an inch and you will have pot everywhere). Apparently enough people were wise enough to know this would happen. You know dog gone well that the dopers of NORML may try to get their foot in the door via the medical appeal, but they have no intention of stopping there.

Heck even CO's own (D) governor recognizes the problems with pot use in his state, but that wont convince a single doper who selfishly only wants it legal, regardless of the problems associated with it.
Ooops, I forgot, pot has no ill effects, and is totally harmless according to the apologists. The rest of us are 100% wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or