U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-10-2015, 11:11 PM
 
Location: The Triad (NC)
26,987 posts, read 58,502,475 times
Reputation: 29573

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
The cartels are here.. they are firmly entrenched in the illegal.. quasi legal trade..
Because of the black market level PRICES that semi legality continue to support.

Were MJ actually fully legal it wouldn't need to cost more than any similar ag product.
And THAT would take away the cartels motivation.

But when a $5 per pound (fair farm gate price) item can be sold for $5000...
then you have a problem and always will.

Legalize Natural State. Fully.
Don't confuse it with the refined or synthesized or pharmaceutical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2015, 11:12 PM
 
5,664 posts, read 2,544,225 times
Reputation: 5118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I know, it certainly wasn't about what the moon is made of.

Perhaps now you see how idiotic this seems.
You are odd, as it appears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2015, 11:23 PM
 
5,664 posts, read 2,544,225 times
Reputation: 5118
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
So can water.






.
Floss...this was your answer/reply to another poster saying" cocaine can kill in one use."

You say, "so can water."

Wow!!

Sometimes I shudder at the thought of my children and grandchildren walking the same ground as with people who think this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2015, 11:35 PM
 
Location: Self explanatory
10,547 posts, read 4,258,506 times
Reputation: 14513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Floss...this was your answer/reply to another poster saying" cocaine can kill in one use."

You say, "so can water."

Wow!!

Sometimes I shudder at the thought of my children and grandchildren walking the same ground as with people who think this way.
In theory, water can. Ever hear of Naegleria fowleri? Of course there are far more common things like dysentery and other water borne illnesses.

But I digress, this is a thread about legal "pot" in Colorado, not backing things up with facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2015, 11:51 PM
 
2,665 posts, read 2,117,813 times
Reputation: 1471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Floss...this was your answer/reply to another poster saying" cocaine can kill in one use."

You say, "so can water."

Wow!!

Sometimes I shudder at the thought of my children and grandchildren walking the same ground as with people who think this way.
It's an undeniable fact. It takes a large amount, but so does overdosing on cocaine. Google is your friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2015, 11:59 PM
 
Location: Self explanatory
10,547 posts, read 4,258,506 times
Reputation: 14513
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
It's an undeniable fact. It takes a large amount, but so does overdosing on cocaine. Google is your friend.
I believe there was a case a few years ago, where a college frat killed a kid by forcing him to drink too much water.

Oh yeah, here it is:

A Fraternity Hazing Gone Wrong : NPR

Quote:
There were forced pushups and trivia quizzes. Through it all, the Carrington and Quintana were ordered to drink from a five-gallon jug of water, which was filled over and over. Fans blasted icy air on their wet bodies. They urinated and vomited on themselves. Then, according to DA Ramsey, something went terribly wrong.

Carrington collapsed and started a seizure. Fraternity members didn't initially call an ambulance. By the time they did, it was too late. Carrington was taken to Enloe Medical Center, where his heart stopped. At about 5 a.m. he was pronounced dead from water intoxication, which caused the swelling of his brain and lungs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2015, 12:37 AM
 
2,665 posts, read 2,117,813 times
Reputation: 1471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I believe there was a case a few years ago, where a college frat killed a kid by forcing him to drink too much water.
OK. So you are on the record acknowledging that water can, in a single overdose, cause death. I commend you for that, because it is an indisputable fact. Are you therefore going to go on the record to criminalize water?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2015, 12:49 AM
 
Location: Self explanatory
10,547 posts, read 4,258,506 times
Reputation: 14513
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
OK. So you are on the record acknowledging that water can, in a single overdose, cause death. I commend you for that, because it is an indisputable fact. Are you therefore going to go on the record to criminalize water?
No.

I am sensible.

Everything in moderation.

While there is no ban on booze and tobacco, I don't feel the government has the right to put cannabis in a class it doesn't deserve. I certainly partake in a LOT more WATER than I ever have cannabis, and while I am not a cannabis user, prohibition creates more problems than it solves, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2015, 12:56 AM
 
2,665 posts, read 2,117,813 times
Reputation: 1471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
While there is no ban on booze and tobacco, I don't feel the government has the right to put cannabis in a class it doesn't deserve. I certainly partake in a LOT more WATER than I ever have cannabis, and while I am not a cannabis user, prohibition creates more problems than it solves, period.
I think we ALL use more water than cannabis, even those who are heavy cannabis users. My point was only that because something can cause an overdose death, which water can, but cannabis cannot, is not a justification to ban said substance. In the case of water, if we don't have enough, we will die. The same is NOT true of cannabis. But if the only reason to ban, legally, a substance is because it has a potential to offer death via overdose, then we need to revisit our priorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2015, 12:57 AM
 
Location: Self explanatory
10,547 posts, read 4,258,506 times
Reputation: 14513
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
I think we ALL use more water than cannabis, even those who are heavy cannabis users. My point was only that because something can cause an overdose death, which water can, but cannabis cannot, is not a justification to ban said substance. In the case of water, if we don't have enough, we will die. The same is NOT true of cannabis. But if the only reason to ban, legally, a substance is because it has a potential to offer death via overdose, then we need to revisit our priorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top