U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2015, 11:56 AM

5,644 posts, read 4,909,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
I want cocaine, heroin, PCP, LSD, you name it all legalized for personal use.
Not sure whether I've posted this in this thread or not. It's an argument for why the federal government should enter the business of selling all recreational drugs: Why the government needs to sell drugs
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Cocaine can kill in one use
Sure, alcohol can too. Being dumb hurts. I exercise harm reduction principles, and emphasize education and rigorous dosing and ROA acumen. And I know several people who've consumed copious amounts of cocaine over long periods of time and lived to tell of it.
Quote:
PCP has no legitimate use ... and is dangerous.. it kills the body and its users are dangerous.. Ive had many duster run ins in my life.. every one was max 10 psycho...
I've never tried it. Doesn't mean I wouldn't. I've used ketamine, dextromethorphan, methoxetamine (among my favorite molecules!), and nitrous (and salvia which is an atypical dissociative). The vast majority of the trip reports for phencyclidine don't involve anything remotely like run-ins with the police: Erowid: PCP Trip Reports
Quote:
LSD... both died of horrible diseases...
And Alexander Shulgin, the Godfather of Psychedelics, who discovered, synthesized, and used hundreds of different potent psychedelic and dissociative and empathogenic substances, who literally wrote the book on them, made it 89 years.
Quote:
There is no good value of LSD MDA Ketamine and a hundred other drugs... they kill the body and damage the mind
Absurd.

A good documentary to help look at things a little bit differently is: Neurons To Nirvana : The Great Medicines

Here are some reasons to try / use some substances: Ten reasons why you should start doing drugs

And did everyone see this? US govt-funded agency admits marijuana can kill cancer cells
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 11:45 AM

Nice article in the Times: Smoking Marijuana for 50 Years, and Turning Out Just Fine

Old 04-21-2015, 10:39 PM

Since the more recent thread was closed...

Three Ex-Cops Get Stoned Out Of Their Minds In Honor Of 4/20

Old 04-21-2015, 10:48 PM

10,310 posts, read 4,140,497 times
Saw those articles, I believe there is even one on the Author kicking around here, but with only one biased reply. *EDIT* HERE it is.

As a late to the party 4/21 post, I thought this was nice:

8 Scientific Reasons You Should Never Smoke Weed - Mic

Old 05-04-2015, 07:21 AM

This was awesome!!

3,200 protesters storm courthouse for marijuana reform in Fort Worth

Old 05-04-2015, 08:31 AM

7,626 posts, read 14,002,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think if marijuana were made legal federally, a lot of problems would be solved. Or we could ban alcohol because of all the damage it causes.
I have NEVER even once tried it, but I too feel it is along the lines of alcohol in the issues/problems it would create. I really do not see the big deal, and this country deals with FAR too many social/legal issues to "waste" the time and money we do in the penal/judicial system on pot. JMHO.....

Old 05-04-2015, 08:37 AM

463 posts, read 245,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
That's my kind of riot! I like that a lot better than Baltimore's riots.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:52 AM

5,802 posts, read 2,158,820 times
I apologize IF this has already been mentioned..But IF Gov. did say such a think..I'd bet he's not complaining about the 76 million in revenue that came into the coffers in 2014 alone..44 mil in taxes and 32 million in business fees. Then of course the hundreds of millions in sales that are benefiting the communities.

Why not regulate it instead of users purchasing it like Russian Roulette, not knowing just what's included in that baggy..At least now they know.

Colorado pulls in $76M in marijuana taxes and fees for 2014

Old 05-04-2015, 09:34 AM

463 posts, read 245,706 times
No, he did not say that. He was taken out of context by a piece of horrible msn reporting. This quote is from post #30 in this thread:

Quote:
Wow, that article presents just the first half of his thought, making it look like he said something he didn't. How dishonest of them!

He did say that if he had a magic wand on election day, he would've reversed it. But, he added a BUT, he said now he wouldn't, that it's been a good thing for Colorado.

I can't find the full clip, but I did find this segment from the same interview:

Colorado Gov. on the future of legal weed - 60 Minutes Videos - CBS News

Does that sound like someone who thinks they made a big mistake?

EDIT: I found it!

The marijuana effect - 60 Minutes Videos - CBS News

Watch at 12:00. Around 12:20 he uses the exact words referenced by the OP's link, and you can see he was taken completely out of context.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:43 AM

5,802 posts, read 2,158,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
No, he did not say that. He was taken out of context by a piece of horrible msn reporting. This quote is from post #30 in this thread:
I had a sneaky suspicion that it was not in context of what he was actually saying. I guess those Marijuana haters will continue to claim he did tho just to rationalize their POV/Agenda.. War on Drugs is a Good thing don't ya know

Other than the difficulties getting things set up and Federal Laws that make the commerce part difficult..so has to be a Cash Business for now. Must be difficult...but it sure hasn't affected the revenue's created by legalizing Statewide..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or