U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 06:49 AM

463 posts, read 245,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Bunk my friend
How many times do I need to post up the county marijuana map for you?
Most of colorado wants nothing to do with drugs in their communities...
I just looked at the map yesterday... we reviewed it at a marijuana symposium of county managers in the bay area .. as we struggle with our own mj issues.

I invite you to look at it again . Communities in the mj states are getting push back from their communities and so we see a cobbled together group of laws trying to put the doper geenie back in the bottle . There were several people from Colorado government who were very interested in how we are using environmental law.. public resource codes.. water board to prevent the catastrophe some of our counties have experienced with outdoor cowboy grows. I'll have more for you later ... currently reading a draft on a law from the rocky mountain high project

It has already been ruled over and over local communities can control aspects of life in their communities... law can be made more restrictive by lower agents of government.. the supreme clause... so while mj may be legal in Colorado it may not be openly marketed or sold in many communities ... who cares if youre in your house smoking it... that is not the intent of codification of laws designed to control its unfettered use in our communities ... heck even look at pot heaven Breckenridge on CNN... move the dopers out to the industrial complex instead of having them wander around stoned downtown... when mommie and daddy want to have a ski trip and not be exposed to dopers

You tap on your screen.. I'm in the trenches...

Well, if people want to look at a map that shows what counties restrict sales, and then believe you when you say "those counties want nothing to do with pot", that is their choice.

However, if they would like to believe someone who actually lives here, then they should listen to me when I call you out as spreading bunk, my friend.

Those maps show only where sales have been restricted, and even then it is mostly because they wanted to see how the other counties fared in this "greatest social experiment of all time". What you will find, as time goes on and elections get held, that more and more of those counties will start allowing sales.

Are you hearing me? SALES.

Those counties otherwise have no problem with legalization! THEY ARE NOT TRYING TO DO ANY BANNING AT ALL!!! No county is even trying to invoke "supreme clause"!!!

Most people here are quite happy with how things are working out, and we see none of the problems you supposedly are seeing in California.

Please come here and show me I am wrong. If you are successful, I will then pay you one million US dollars. Bring it on.

Even in Breckenridge, where a long term medical marijuana shop was forced to move from Main Street to the outskirts of town after recreational was legalized, the mayor made a point of saying this move has nothing to do with them believing pot should be illegal again. Far from it, he says. He 100% agrees that it should be legal. They forced them to move because they are worried a recreational pot shop on Main Street in downtown would distract from their "family friendly" image (even though there are 100's of alcohol licenses issues for establishments within 100 yards of their shop).

So you are again spreading bunk, my friend.

You are also going against what the governor himself thinks about legalization and how it has affected Colorado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 07:23 AM

463 posts, read 245,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
That article at least admits to some of its flaws.

But for the sake of argument, lets say it is 100% accurate. Then, when we compare the handful of issues it mentions to the sheer amount of cannabis being consumed, you see a different picture.

For example, 74 tons of cannabis flowers were consumed by people smoking them.

In addition to that, 4.8 million edibles were consumed by people eating them.

Those numbers are for Colorado only, 2014 only, and legal sales only. The numbers can't be argued with because they came from the state's computerized tracking system where each and every plant has a RFID tag, and every event that happens from planting it to processing it to selling it is tracked. 37 million events were recorded with this system in 2014.

If numbers like that creates only a handful of problems, the percentage of users that experienced these problems is less than .0001%. That gives it a safety record which is considerably better than Tylenol, water, and caffeine.

That article is also over 1 year old. The links I posted are much fresher and they all find that the sky isn't falling as predicted after all. I can produce hundreds more if you are not convinced.

So what was your point again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or