U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 08:37 AM

37,072 posts, read 38,495,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Maybe the kid weighs in at 200 pounds.
Considering the Father specializes in obesity I doubt it. Every meal you eat does not have to healthy, you need moderation and variety and your kids will be fine. If you don't want them to be fat take the damn iphone away and get them a bike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 08:45 AM

42,183 posts, read 31,932,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Who does this teacher think she is telling this little girl what she can and cannot put in her body?
No one told the kid anything.

This may be school policy. Or maybe the sub teacher took it upon herself.

I wonder dad's reaction when one of his patients posts something about him, online. He would probably preferred an opportunity to address the situation, face to face.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:49 AM

2,856 posts, read 1,576,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
And you made this assessment based on one lunch? ROFL What does the kid eat for breakfast and dinner?

This reminds of a relatives kid who said the health nut principal gave him the eye roll when he saw he had a pack of cupcakes. Waht the pricipal doesn't know is that kid was probably eating better than him at home.
I made the assessment based on the fact that the father had issues with what his daughter packed for lunch, yet he allowed her to pack it anyway. That's **** poor parenting.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:21 AM

37,072 posts, read 38,495,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
I made the assessment based on the fact that the father had issues with what his daughter packed for lunch, yet he allowed her to pack it anyway. That's **** poor parenting.
Everyone has their opinions on parenting, I think you need to pick your battles. Insisting they eat an apple instead of a little junk during lunch isn't one of them. If they are constantly eating junk food that's one to pick...

Old 01-24-2015, 09:47 AM

2,073 posts, read 1,396,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Everyone has their opinions on parenting, I think you need to pick your battles. Insisting they eat an apple instead of a little junk during lunch isn't one of them. If they are constantly eating junk food that's one to pick...
The teacher's note was not worded correctly, but I agree with them writing it. I doubt that dad knew what his daughter was packing because I seriously doubt he stood there every day and watched his "independent" child pack her own lunch. The teachers were simply concerned about his child's well being. We do not know whether this was an everyday thing or not. Being that his daughter was allowed to pack her own lunch and the cafe work thought it was a big enough issue to bring it to a teachers attention, it probably was not a one time thing.

Would I be offered by the wording of the letter, yes. Would I be offered because they were concerned enough about my child's well being to go out of their way to inform me about this, no not at all.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:59 AM

6,868 posts, read 3,769,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Actually it is exactly what we expect from our educators! They are tasked with our children during the school day, we expect them to be accountable for everything our child does while in their care and parents are quite vocal when their precious snowflake isn't happy.

It was observed by school staff (yes cafeteria workers are school staff and quite capable) that the child was eating what most would consider a poor lunch. I think the note was written properly; the teacher was bringing to the parents attention what was observed .

My first thought would have been WTF were you doing! And I would ensure that my child leaves the house with the lunch that was packed if I thought they had changed it. Secondly lets think of how many parents would be screaming bloody murder because they weren't told about this situation occurring with their child.

I see the parent is a doctor, real impressive....
Well, maybe the teacher can pack the child's lunch from now on.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:01 AM

5,836 posts, read 3,797,716 times
My son would have starved to death if it weren't for pizza and chicken nuggets. He has since become a fireman/paramedic and cooks when his rotation comes around. He eats a lot of good food now and he grew up to be very healthy.

These days with Michelle Obama trying to dictate what all the children eat in school and probably worse scenarios, what is a parent to do with a child that is a finicky eater? Send them to school with hopes that they will eat something they can't stand or not eat anything at all and start feeling hungry in the afternoon, to the point they cannot concentrate on what they are there for? It is sometime safer to give in knowing that, when they get home, the parent can better control what they eat, but while they are away, they will at least be taking in some energy fuel.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:08 AM

9,077 posts, read 7,153,238 times
I would send a note back to the teacher requesting that he (or she) report to my home every school day at 0630 to supervise the child packing her lunch, so that it can be assured to meet the requirements of the teacher.
IMO the teacher was out of line. NO teacher has the right nor the obligation to tell parents how to raise their child.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:21 AM

2,073 posts, read 1,396,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Well, maybe the teacher can pack the child's lunch from now on.
Maybe she should. The child would be better off.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:25 AM

9,018 posts, read 7,981,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCreator View Post
https://gma.yahoo.com/dad-posts-medd...parenting.html

Lol....teacher needs to stick to teaching school and not worrying about a kids lunch...
Good for the father

It's been a lifelong mission for me to expose teachers for the bullies they can be.
This idiot teacher has no business judging a kids lunch......

Hell if the kid was eating a dozen damned cookies for lunch-

You best believe the teacher should keep his or her mouth shut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or