Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 07:57 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,729,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Seriously?.....You think 4 chocolate bars, marshmallows, crackers and a pickle is a good balanced meal?
Regardless, it is not the teachers place to comment on her lunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 08:10 AM

26,648 posts, read 13,598,452 times
We know that she had four pieces of ham, low fat string cheese, Ritz crackers, a pickle, marshmallows and 4 chocolate bars. We don't know anything beyond that regarding size or quality of the items. I don't think the note home was appropriate.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:17 AM

23,482 posts, read 23,816,562 times
I'm shocked, but not really (unfortunately), that so many people posting here think that they know better than that father what's best for his child. Calling him a bad father because of ONE lunch that he compromised on with his daughter?

Seriously???

You guys need a new hobby or something. Keep your noses out of other peoples' lives and worry about your own problems and issues, of which I'm sure you have many.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:25 AM

26,648 posts, read 13,598,452 times
We usually pack a lunch for our kid, but not always. Twice when I have asked her what she ate from the cafeteria she has given some weird answers. Once it was "farts" and the other time it was "meat sticks". It would have been funny if I would have written the school a note asking them to "Please stop serving serving my kid, farts and meat sticks for lunch and serve something appropriate".

Old 01-24-2015, 08:28 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,468,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I would use my lunch money mom gave me to buy candy in the morning(blow-pops and noworlaters and gum) on the way to the bus.
At school it would all be sold before lunchtime came, making me a profit enough to go with a senior with a car and eat off campus and get a hamburger at Sonic.
You did this at age 8?

Old 01-24-2015, 08:31 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,578,786 times
Who does this teacher think she is telling this little girl what she can and cannot put in her body?

Old 01-24-2015, 08:31 AM

19,041 posts, read 16,849,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Regardless, it is not the teachers place to comment on her lunch!
Actually it is exactly what we expect from our educators! They are tasked with our children during the school day, we expect them to be accountable for everything our child does while in their care and parents are quite vocal when their precious snowflake isn't happy.

It was observed by school staff (yes cafeteria workers are school staff and quite capable) that the child was eating what most would consider a poor lunch. I think the note was written properly; the teacher was bringing to the parents attention what was observed .

My first thought would have been WTF were you doing! And I would ensure that my child leaves the house with the lunch that was packed if I thought they had changed it. Secondly lets think of how many parents would be screaming bloody murder because they weren't told about this situation occurring with their child.

I see the parent is a doctor, real impressive....

Old 01-24-2015, 08:32 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,468,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'll bet the crackers were graham an she was making some s'mores, this would be her treat much like the 2 pack of cupcakes that were common when I was a kid. . What part of the article you didn't read is the girl had ham and cheese, the irony here is the cafeteria worker didn't see it either. No bread because they apparently don't eat a lot of bread.

In any event unless the kid is malnourished it's nobody's business but the parents.
Maybe the kid weighs in at 200 pounds.

Sounds like an over reach to me. Then again, it may be school policy. Dad could have taken it up with the school. Instead, he took the Junior High way out.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:36 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,806,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
That dad has extremely poor parenting skills.
And you made this assessment based on one lunch? ROFL What does the kid eat for breakfast and dinner?

This reminds of a relatives kid who said the health nut principal gave him the eye roll when he saw he had a pack of cupcakes. Waht the pricipal doesn't know is that kid was probably eating better than him at home.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:36 AM

19,041 posts, read 16,849,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'm shocked, but not really (unfortunately), that so many people posting here think that they know better than that father what's best for his child. Calling him a bad father because of ONE lunch that he compromised on with his daughter?

Seriously???

You guys need a new hobby or something. Keep your noses out of other peoples' lives and worry about your own problems and issues, of which I'm sure you have many.
The father is the one who posted this on public media, he chose to place it in the public forum...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events